Actions of Villagers

Nelly

Mayor of Lake ♥
Bells
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Some villagers are just annoying. And I have one villager in particular who I really want to get rid of...one who didn't move into my town directly, one who I just don't like the look of, and one that I'm not on good terms with.

"Hey Nelly, who's that villager ?"​

That villager...is Muffy, from my sister's town.

My sister and I both stopped playing New Leaf for a while after Pokemon X and Y came out (well, only me played it), and when I decided to return after some Youtube videos inspired me to pick up the game again, I learned that my beloved Phoebe moved away. A day or two later, I found a plot for a house. Muffy's house!
I knew my sister had Muffy, because she was quite excited over it. So my sister checked her game...and discovered that Phoebe was moving there. Our villagers basically swapped.
Frankly, I was more glad it was Phoebe who decided to move due to my lack of activity than Peanut or Aurora, and I thought having Muffy would be pretty fun, since I always wanted a sheep/ram/whatever she is.
Until she did this.

I was going down to the beach where Muffy happened to be. She pinged, so I talked to her. She wanted to sell me a painting. Of course, I knew it was probably going to be fake, but this painting wasn't in my museum so I decided to try my luck. After buying, she decided to sing and skip around the beach, and that action right there makes me dislike her. The painting turned out to be fake, and the skipped seemed like she was mocking me, like "Haha, you just got scammed!".
A few days later she sold me another painting, but this one happened to be real. Besides the point, Muffy's actions just made me go from liking her...to disliking her.
There was also another time that makes me suspicious of the ram.

I opened my game, and like I usually do, I go find my favorite villager Peanut to chat. She wasn't in or near her house, so I decided to use the megaphone. I called out her name, but there was no reply, so I assumed she was at the museum or somewhere on Main Street. Haha, no.
While searching for her, I kept running into Muffy, and I decide to talk to her a few times. She's acting suspicious, and I, someone who likes to think of video game playthroughs as a story, immediately think that Muffy has done something to Peanut as revenge for me not liking her. I check the fossil exhibit of the museum, since Peanut likes going there. No dice! Peanut is literally no where to be found.
I spend about 15 more minutes trying to track down my squirrel, and I decide to check the T&T mart (whatever the third upgrade is called) again, for the second or third time. Surprise, it's Peanut! Of course I' relieved, but Muffy's behavior really put a bad taste in my mouth...

...And now it's your turn. What villagers of your have done things that you have found rude or suspicious ?

It seemed like she was following me around, and also doing that little action that Uchi villagers do when they say "Heh...made you look!".
And really, being from my sister's town just made it more suspicious.

LOL All villagers of the same type act in similar ways, and they ALL get happy when they "make a good deal", no matter what it is. :D Poor Muffy! She was just on a "good deal" high and now she's all hated.

I've resigned myself with Uchi villagers because no matter how cute they are, they're all jerks. They sell you fake stuff and act annoyed with you just for talking to them a second time.

Phoebe can be rude sometimes but than again she's Uchi. They might see you as their sibling and tend to fight a lot more. I often notice weirder things in what villagers say than what they do. Some tend to have homicidal intentions, while others make pervy remarks or say something disturbing when you start to think about it. But perhaps that says more about my way of thinking than about the true intentions of the villagers in question.

One example, when a villager asks what the colour of the string (a thread) is that connects you two and symbolizes your friendship. You'll end up with this part of the conversation where "string" can also be interpreted as underwear.

HNI_0032.JPG

Last edited:
Phoebe can be rude sometimes but than again she's Uchi. They might see you as their sibling and tend to fight a lot more. I often notice weirder things in what villagers say than what they do. Some tend to have homicidal intentions, while others make pervy remarks or say something disturbing when you start to think about it. But perhaps that says more about my way of thinking than about the true intentions of the villagers in question.

One example, when a villager asks what the colour of the string (a thread) is that connects you two and symbolizes your friendship. You'll end up with this part of the conversation where "string" can also be interpreted as underwear.

View attachment 20178

I guess I'm a dunce this morning. How can that be interpreted as underwear? LOL

Back