• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Yeah, you can pretty much scan any Monster Hunter stories amiibo to get Felyne. Not only the cat :)

Nice. Thanks! I'm buying a bunch of stuff from Japan anyway, so I'm going to buy one of these too. :D I think the cat is kinda ugly, but I like the girl on the dragon.

Last edited:
Nice. Thanks! I'm buying a bunch of stuff from Japan anyway, so I'm going to buy one of these too. :D I think the cat is kinda ugly, but I like the girl on the dragon.

I agree. The girl on the dragon amiibo and the other (don't know what they're exactly called) are very detailed! If I were you, I'll also probably choose them over the cat haha anyway, good luck buying them :)

I hadn't bought any of the Welcome amiibo card packs yet, but I picked up some today and I'm pleasantly surprised with what I got!

Two packs and no duplicates (yay) - Spike, Boots, Billy, Maggie, Carrie, Huck, Sprocket, Olive, Claude, Julia, Vivian and Stella. I really like Stella and Claude! Olive and Vivian are pretty cute too.

Random comment: Even though special NPC cards don't let you get RVs or interact with them, it's still kinda cool to get pictures of NPCs whom you never could get a pic of before. I scanned Rover and now have his pic displayed in his room. Hey, little kitty my villager only met the one time on the train while going to her new town. She still remembers you! :D

I'm sorry if this was already asked multiple times, but I did try searching! So I used the Etoile Sanrio card, went to her van, and bought my max 3 items. Then I invited her to move to town and she came! The next day I used her card again, and she gave me one of her furniture items- the shirt. Yay! But the next day, she gave me a Kiddie Couch. I don't understand! Will she give me completely random items now?

Should I have not asked her to move to my town? If I didn't, would her van still be available? I'm sorry again if this is a repeat- I'm just confused as to how this is supposed to work!

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this was already asked multiple times, but I did try searching! So I used the Etoile Sanrio card, went to her van, and bought my max 3 items. Then I invited her to move to town and she came! The next day I used her card again, and she gave me one of her furniture items- the shirt. Yay! But the next day, she gave me a Kiddie Couch. I don't understand! Will she give me completely random items now?

Should I have not asked her to move to my town? If I didn't, would her van still be available? I'm sorry again if this is a repeat- I'm just confused as to how this is supposed to work!

It's random whether or not they will give you something from their RV. If you want to get all her items I suggest you move her out and visit her RV, or visit someone else's ?toile

Bummer. But if I move her out, can I get her right back when I am ready? Thank you for the response!

So I realized we can get MEOW coupons from scanning an amiibo with Wisp once per day (you get 5) and some from Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape. Are those the only other ways to get MEOW coupons other than the daily objectives on the TPC?

So I realized we can get MEOW coupons from scanning an amiibo with Wisp once per day (you get 5) and some from Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape. Are those the only other ways to get MEOW coupons other than the daily objectives on the TPC?

Yeah, I think so. Scanning them with Wisp is probably the easiest and most effective :)

Bummer. But if I move her out, can I get her right back when I am ready? Thank you for the response!

Yes. With the amiibo cards, you bypass the 16 villager cycle. Unless there's some crazy exception with the Sanrio cards, but that's not likely. I did it myself with Elise, so I can say that with normal amiibo cards, it definitely works like that.

I'm sure it's been asked, but can your HHD villagers be invited into your ACNL town? I've seen a few places say you can, but it seems it would hurt amiibo sales. Thanks.

I'm sure it's been asked, but can your HHD villagers be invited into your ACNL town? I've seen a few places say you can, but it seems it would hurt amiibo sales. Thanks.

It's false, there's no way to invite those villagers in.

Not very good at Puzzle League. Stuck on Shep's 2-minute + falling garbage challenge forever.

I love, love, LOVE that you can force out other villagers with the amiibo cards! Kicking out unwanted villagers has never been easier! <3 BYE KLAUS!

Normally I'm pretty good at puzzle games, but Puzzle League seems really hard for some reason. :/

I think I figured out why I wasn't exactly great at Puzzle League. This game seems to favor more on players who are able to stay zen and intensely concentrate without getting distracted by anything, so they can consistently quickly spot for potential combos and chains and are able to plan ahead with much more ease.
That isn't something I'm particularly good at, and pretty much every single time I failed resulted from either panicking or having some attention deficit kicking in. At least, I reached near the end of story mode at Normal difficulty, completed Score Attack and Time Attack, and almost completed Candy Attack.

You could consider turning the volume completely off, as it did helped me quite a bit. The music that plays when the blocks are almost hitting on the top of the screen is so stressful it throws off my ability to concentrate, thus dooming my game. The thing is, getting a huge stack of 1x1 blocks feels advantageous because you've got more options on how you score combos and chains, and that particular music shouldn't be played at all.

I think I figured out why I wasn't exactly great at Puzzle League. This game seems to favor more on players who are able to stay zen and intensely concentrate without getting distracted by anything, so they can consistently quickly spot for potential combos and chains and are able to plan ahead with much more ease.
That isn't something I'm particularly good at, and pretty much every single time I failed resulted from either panicking or having some attention deficit kicking in. At least, I reached near the end of story mode at Normal difficulty, completed Score Attack and Time Attack, and almost completed Candy Attack.

You could consider turning the volume completely off, as it did helped me quite a bit. The music that plays when the blocks are almost hitting on the top of the screen is so stressful it throws off my ability to concentrate, thus dooming my game. The thing is, getting a huge stack of 1x1 blocks feels advantageous because you've got more options on how you score combos and chains, and that particular music shouldn't be played at all.

I personally find puzzle league really easy but perhaps that has to do with the fact that I used to play TONS of pokemon puzzle league. I must agree with you on thing however, that stupid music! I am really good at staying calm and spotting combos easily, but when that music comes on I just find myself getting annoyed by it. Like, "yeah I know it's near the top, in working on fixing that now! So just shut it a second!" I personally always turn the sound off and stick some relaxing music on instead. It really does help for me and I'm sure IT would help for those who can't concentrate as easily on it!

Yeah, the "you're losing lmao" music doesn't help. The default ability is also a bit useless now. I presume it would be easier with better amiibo abilities. But the game is a lot more fun than what I was expecting, I'll say that.
:)

Where can you get the Wii/Wii U that you use to play the mini games?

Where can you get the Wii/Wii U that you use to play the mini games?

Well, Wii U in Animal Crossing: New Leaf will allow you to play Desert Island Escape. To get this particular item, you either get lucky with the fortune ticket or order it with 3 MEOW coupons from a RV summoned via any Animal Crossing amiibo figure.

Back