New iPhone X is $1000.. discuss?

I mean.... I already dropped that much on a phone last year. Some phones have already been $1000+ in Canada for a couple years.

This one is $1300 though... Yikes. Think that's where the line is drawn. It's nice though, I'd be down for one if cost wasn't a barrier.

That's why if you go apple you never buy the latest model lol. Previous versions are always way cheaper.

i really dont feel like any of the new things are that important or cool or whatever that i think it's worth it. my phone does all the things i feel like it needs to do, wireless charging, a super big screen, depth camera, and face recognition arent really that appealing to me lol
i mean i guess it's cool that theyre doing stuff thats all futuristic but i dont need/want it

Yeah I saw some of their new phones last night. That one model where screen drips everywhere was so ugly and yeah man not upgrading anytime soon. :lemon:

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy the phone at all.
Honestly, every business does the same trick over and over.
They just keep releasing new and new phones.
I bet you that a month after this phone, an even better phone is gonna be released and not worth your money.
Apparently I heard that they had the Face Passcode option but I find that really weird, I mean, if I'm driving and somebody texts me, I don't wanna be fined for being on my phone while driving, so I'd obviously ask someone in the car to send a message saying "I'm driving". But I find it stupid the the Face Passcode option, it wouldn't let anybody but you use the phone.

Yeah that stupid Face things (and whatnot body technologies they keep pullin') is just stupid. Like just let me type in that random code you pick and let me keep on going lol.

I'd never pay that much for their new phones either and yeah you can very well use their old phones instead (I have an SE, because I prefer their OS to Android tbh) as long as you don't have to play all the latest(tm) stuff.

the only case i'd ever drop 1k on a phone would be if it cured my aching depression and i don't think virtual reality angry birds is going to do that
also, still no headphone jack

the only case i'd ever drop 1k on a phone would be if it cured my aching depression and i don't think virtual reality angry birds is going to do that
also, still no headphone jack

Yeah I hardly use earphones while on my phone which I probably should to don't radiate my brain to buts but yeah those airpods things wtf

I think it's pretty ridiculous, like who gonna be out here wanting to spend $1000 on a phone lmao
sadly I know some people will :p

I think it's pretty ridiculous, like who gonna be out here wanting to spend $1000 on a phone lmao
sadly I know some people will :p

yeah love their expensive prices when it's probably $50 to make for some poor child anyways

If it has 2 screens, 17 cameras, and 4 dongles, I'll buy it.

cough jacksfilms reference cough

I saw Fox News reporting on their Animojis. The Animojis look really cool!

I'd need to sell my soul AND take out a loan to be able to afford it.

Plus, I'm clumsy and break things easy so I just could not justify putting myself below the poverty line on something that looks like it would break just by breathing near it - I don't care what promises they are making, companies lie.

Im disappointed with the Face ID technology. I'm okay with using a fingerprint reader, but using facial recognition to unlock your phone crosses the line for me. I know it's old tech, but at least on Androids you can still use the fingerprint reader.

In a month or two, Apple will lower the price. The price is always high at the beginning of a new phone coming out. Tip: Wait a few months. lol

Last edited:
In a month or two, Apple will lower the price. The price is always high at the beginning of a new phone coming out. Tip: Wait a few months. lol

Still doesn't justify adding and removing stuff like they do. And yeah before this gets a decent price they will make a model where you have to fart to open it and it must come from you.

Back