• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

The new feature sounds nice, though I already have everyone I wanted so looks like I won't be using it.. But if we do get loads of new furniture, looks like I have to zoom.

RIP Villager Trading Plaza

2013-2016

!!!! this. despite being a cycler, i'm very excited for this. i hope this feature allows me to move villagers into my town and maybe increase the villager limit to say.. 12.. though it's highly unlikely. i always find myself wanting to have more than 10 villagers in my town. :C hopefully they bring back characters from the previous games too.

stopped collecting after a few months in, but guess i'm going to start collecting again :D

again, super excited for info updates!

NOOOO WHY HOLY F*** S*** *********** *********
Americans and Japanese gamers always get the cool stuff :( people on my country just get jealous...

The death of cycling is soon to come
As a cycler this is bad news to me and to other cyclers

Last edited:
NOOOO WHY HOLY F*** S*** *********** *********
Americans and Japanese gamers always get the cool stuff :( people on my country just get jealous...

What's your country? Why wouldn't you get the update?

- - - Post Merge - - -

The death of cycling is soon to come
As a cycler this is bad news to me and to other cyclers

I bought a new cartdrige for cycling only 3 weeks ago... Bad timing

Hopefully it bypasses the 16 villager cycle. But I doubt it.
Still exciting news! Hoping for more furniture!

this is so exciting omg. i can't believe they're updating NL now that it's so old, but i'm pumped! i have an old 3ds though, so i'll have to buy the card reader...and amiibo cards in general...

but honestly i think it'll be worth it if we get the chance to have villagers from older games + special characters too! that plus a bunch of new features besides just amiibo functionality (like all the new stuff they added with HHD) would really seal the deal for me.​

Last edited:
I don't think the villager trading plaza will be any less popular. Not everyone buys amiibo cards, and even when they do, it's hard finding a dreamie in there.

I don't think the villager trading plaza will be any less popular. Not everyone buys amiibo cards, and even when they do, it's hard finding a dreamie in there.
agreed, i think it might slow down a bit, but there will always be people who don't want to bother buying the cards or don't have the money to. not to mention it's hit or miss on whether or not you'll get someone you want, and there's a lot of younger kids on here that won't be able to trade with other people all over the country/world.

also this is kind of irrelevant, but besides adding the features in HHD, i really hope this update adds some more dialogue too...it doesn't have to be anything too extensive, but dialogue is one of only a few things new leaf is reallllly lacking, and if they're gonna bother updating a game that's 3+ years old i hope they'll add more than just the amiibo stuff.​

agreed, i think it might slow down a bit, but there will always be people who don't want to bother buying the cards or don't have the money to. not to mention it's hit or miss on whether or not you'll get someone you want, and there's a lot of younger kids on here that won't be able to trade with other people all over the country/world.

yeah, that's exactly what I meant :)

This is great and all, but what if you already have 10 villagers in your town? Does it surpass that? And will they add additional villagers that were previously exclusive to HHD (and some unused) like Carrie, Claude, Maddie etc.? I mean, they spent the time making the models, they should at least add them here.

Last edited:
OMG when I first read the title I was like "That can't be real." But holy ******* **** it's happening. Getting your dream villagers is broken enough, now imagine if you could plot them yourself. Literal. Game changer.

This is great and all, but what if you already have 10 villagers in your town? Does it surpass that? And will they add additional villagers that were previously exclusive (and some unused) like Carrie, Claude, Maddie etc.? I mean, they spent the time making the models, they should at least add them here.

I really want to see that too.

The new update sounds cool, but I probably won?t use the amiibo feature because it seems easier to check the Villager Trading Plaza (and have bells ready to spend) than to get many amiibo card packs in a crazy attempt to find that one dreamie.

That?s one dreamie out of the 333 villagers in New Leaf. My odds of finding them are pretty slim.

Though I guess amiibo card scanning would be useful if you were just trying to find a villager of a certain personality or species (if there are many villagers of that species.)

I am excited, however, for new furniture! :D I?ve been wanting to redesign my house a bit, so that might be something to look forward to!

Last edited:
OH MY GOD I'M SO HYPED

I'm really excited to see amiibo support for New Leaf! About time! It looks like there will be Splatoon content in there as well according to the Japanese twitter account! I'm hoping we get HHD DLC. I'm so excited!! Time to buy the rest of the amiibo cards! *____*

Whats interesting is that they show KK in the graphic demonstrating the amiibo card move-ins. Why?

I doubt he'll be able to move in, but speculating has got me hyped.

Back