• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT Economic Stats

The top percentage is skewed though if we factor in spam bots. But generally it's still a safe assumption that people over 2k tbt is in the top 1%

And I have more in my ABD as well so if anyone wants some dont hit me up :lemon:

I agree it wouldn't really be fair to take people's TBT away, but could you guys at least do a thing where for a limited time members could get 1,000 free TBT or something? We need to do something about this terrible economy.

you mean the "terrible economy" that the users created in the first place???

Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png

A Bowser Revolution with older members TBT wouldn't exactly be fair imo, people might want to revisit the site in the future. I do empathise with new users though, it's a lot harder to earn TBT now than it was when I was a newbie. I think the Christmas advent calendar was a good step forward, since you got rewards for coming online each day.

Since people seem to be hung up on my statement of removing bells, I would like to point out what I actually said that is being taken out of context...

I, personally, think those that have been inactive for more than 5 years, should be sent 1-2 "warning" emails and then have their TBT balance removed.

I like meow coupons, but maybe tone it down from 300, maybe 10 or 20, if users made 300btb per day the inflation would cause such a havoc that the economy may never become balanced again :c

I like this idea! All of you staff personnel don't take bells away from other members, just make it easier for newbies to earn bells through a meow coupon (meow bell?) service.

As for ideas, maybe like

5 TBT: Post a reply for a member with a number or a certain letter in their username (only applies once a day)
7 TBT: Buy something from the Retail Thread
15 TBT: Change your avatar or signature (only applies once a month)
1 TBT: Like a post (to prevent spamming the like button, you could put a limit of maybe 10 likes? As in, once you liked your 10th post of the day, you no longer get TBT for liking posts)

Question...why don't we get a 'bonus' for referrals? Justa thought.

@ the people wanting to take inactive members' bells and redistribute, if u want free tbt just do what people always have been doing and send people vms and pms begging for tbt lmao

@ the people wanting to take inactive members' bells and redistribute, if u want free tbt just do what people always have been doing and send people vms and pms begging for tbt lmao

If you have nothing to sell, there's no need to beg for TBT. If you want the big bells, you'll need something that sells for it. Of course, people don't have to buy if they don't want to buy.

Last edited:
Prices change so adding more TBT into the market isn't the answer. Prices of things would just raise cause people have more money to spend. The problem is that a few years back, people had a lot of TBT to spend. Now they don't so those old prices being listed in the collectible threads are outdated cause no one can afford them. The answer would be for people to realize this and sell for a little less. But they don't cause they don't wanna lose profits, which I get, so now those collectibles sit and they wonder why they have to keep bumping their thread.

I'm broke, LOL.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My post got me 1 tbt, yay!

The answer would be for people to realize this and sell for a little less. But they don't cause they don't wanna lose profits, which I get, so now those collectibles sit and they wonder why they have to keep bumping their thread.

Yeah everyone wants to earn a bit too much money here. If everyone stopped asking for ridiculous prices for a somewhat cheap pixel thing, yeah then maybe it could be somewhat stabilized. You couldn't really force a price on things.

I guess things will be even in a due time, but yeah people are not gonna buy them for overprices either unless they have like extreme art skills or have stuff themself to sell.

Yeah everyone wants to earn a bit too much money here. If everyone stopped asking for ridiculous prices for a somewhat cheap pixel thing, yeah then maybe it could be somewhat stabilized. You couldn't really force a price on things.

I guess things will be even in a due time, but yeah people are not gonna buy them for overprices either unless they have like extreme art skills or have stuff themself to sell.
I mean if you're paying viritual currency for a virtual pixel collectible. It's worth whatever people want to pay. There's no such thing as a "too expensive" collectible. If anything, collectible prices have plummeted. ;-;

Prices change so adding more TBT into the market isn't the answer. Prices of things would just raise cause people have more money to spend. The problem is that a few years back, people had a lot of TBT to spend. Now they don't so those old prices being listed in the collectible threads are outdated cause no one can afford them. The answer would be for people to realize this and sell for a little less. But they don't cause they don't wanna lose profits, which I get, so now those collectibles sit and they wonder why they have to keep bumping their thread.

Exactly this. You can either let your collectibles go for realistic prices and make tbt or you can be stubborn and have no buyers. Jacob's collectible thread is a good example of this.

Literally the only reason I have so much TBT is because there's nothing I want to buy.

I only ever buy stuff if it's a one-time thing (like the flea).

Exactly this. You can either let your collectibles go for realistic prices and make tbt or you can be stubborn and have no buyers. Jacob's collectible thread is a good example of this.

Prices ARE dropping for collectibles, just not as fast as some would want.

Speaking on rarer collectibles, as someone who sells as well as own a few, it's not really being "stubborn" in my case. I love all the collectibles I have now and if I don't get the price I value it for, then I'm absolutely fine with keeping it. Forum bells can only buy so much nowadays, it's not like in the past where the TBT marketplace was bustling with activity and different collectibles. Before, my thread would be on page 4 or 5 by the end of the day but now my thread will stay on the first page despite not even bumping it.

For older collectibles, there's even less in circulation than before due to so many inactive members. So as much as the "old prices" shouldn't be written in stone, people should also be realistic with their offers. It wasn't easy for us earn bells to get these collectibles either, either through acnl cycling, art, participating in fairs, or just straight playing the market by buying low and selling high. Everyone who has those collectibles that people are whining is too expensive, spent time and effort to get it.

On another note, I don't really see any way to fix the economy here without pissing someone off but I think the staff has done a good job by releasing so many new collectibles in the past 2 years so that everyone has a chance of getting something without breaking the bank.

Last edited:
I mean if you're paying viritual currency for a virtual pixel collectible. It's worth whatever people want to pay. There's no such thing as a "too expensive" collectible. If anything, collectible prices have plummeted. ;-;

Yeah it is, unless you can do massive things to earn like 30k tbt at a whim(unless you have like old collectibles), like having art shops or stuff and people are buying. I mean you can't expect people to buy things for too much, then you'd have to bump your thread til you die.

(i guess you are a bit bias with that opinion, but yeah...)

Last edited:
I have to say that in order to save the marketplace, we need to come up with more spending opportunities. Somehow, collectibles aren't enough (even newer collectibles).

Some ideas I have:

- Purchasable themes. We can finally have the Woods Theme year-round, but you'll need to pay 1,000 TBT per new theme.
- Customizable rooms on profile. Everyone gets their own virtual room accessed through their profile. You can buy rights to a furniture series or a set from the TBT shop, and it's tradeable. You can also have your favorite villagers in your room.
- Customizable character. May appear in room and on profile.

Of course, the staff can make certain objects limited stock.

I have to say that in order to save the marketplace, we need to come up with more spending opportunities. Somehow, collectibles aren't enough (even newer collectibles).

Some ideas I have:

- Purchasable themes. We can finally have the Woods Theme year-round, but you'll need to pay 1,000 TBT per new theme.
- Customizable rooms on profile. Everyone gets their own virtual room accessed through their profile. You can buy rights to a furniture series or a set from the TBT shop, and it's tradeable. You can also have your favorite villagers in your room.
- Customizable character. May appear in room and on profile.

Of course, the staff can make certain objects limited stock.

Have a feeling this would require quite some more server space, hosting, and the costs for those as well, even if I like your idea.

I guess re-releasing more of the old pixels or making more of the current ones could be a solution(like having more restock, old fair collectible raffles etc.), but yeah then those who have them from the start or bought them expensive will flip :^)

For older collectibles, there's even less in circulation than before due to so many inactive members. So as much as the "old prices" shouldn't be written in stone, people should also be realistic with their offers. It wasn't easy for us earn bells to get these collectibles either, either through acnl cycling, art, participating in fairs, or just straight playing the market by buying low and selling high. Everyone who has those collectibles that people are whining is too expensive, spent time and effort to get it.

I guess stubborn doesn't apply to everyone. I wasn't specifically targeting anyone, but I'm just saying to be willing to negotiate is all. And even you yourself acknowledge it, it isn't easy to earn tbt so it's not just sellers who had put in effort, it's the buyers as well? It isn't exactly whining when that's the reality? Most people here aren't trying to lowball if they can help it I would think, but certain prices are no longer amounts that most people here can afford.

Back