Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Now first off, this was written in the tone of sarcastic amusement. If your name is one of the names mentioned, or if you have an odd name, please don't be offended, I intend no insult, I'm sure you're a wonderful person with just a wacky name. MY middle name's fairly odd, so this is from experience.
And if you yell at me, I'll probably cry.
I mostly need to vent because I've reached the end of tolerating parents who come up with worse names for their kids than a 5 year old (or a celebrity) naming a hamster. (celebs think they can get away with a lot, why do we let them?!)
Today, I saw a little girl on tv with the name 'Natalie'.
But spelled is the most difficult and obscure way possible; K N A T Y L I E G H. Did you complete 4th grade spelling? Where you still on pain drugs when you signed the birth certificate? Did you think that's how that was spelled? Did you really think butchering your kid's name would help them in life?
No. All you were thinking about is 'how cool it would be to have a baby with this name!". Your daughter's a human being, not a poodle, who will AGE and is the actual person who has to live that name!
I don't understand the reasoning in naming your child either an average name in some obscure spelling or a name you probably made up that some how brings to mind a horrible disease or Star Wars creature. Why?!
And some are just plain dumb.
I was at the store and the kid in the cart next to mine was named "Saigebere" Sage-berry. What?!
And the worst part is, that the parents get all insulted and uppity when you're taken back by what the decided to name their child and it's your problem that you find the name weird.
"It's a greek mixed with welsh, it means 'beautiful gift'". That's very sweet, but is it worth it to explain that every time you introduce your kid?! No. It just makes you look like you're the receding tide on the intelligence pool, and I can honestly tell you that people feel sorry for your kid.
Oy.
And your kid never feels special.(I've never met one, anyway) I had a girl in my art class with the the name Jaecker,(Jays-ker) she despised it. ("It sounds like 'Chase-Her!"
She went by Jace or her middle name and changed it when she got married.
My mom has lists of strange baby names since she used to fill paperwork at hospitals. She says you can always tell who the new soap opera stars are because there will be a bunch of new babies with those names. And most soap opera characters have dipstick names.
"All names where invented somewhere." All names used to mean something. Brianne (ie) means Strong, She ascends. Anthony means Priceless. Inventing your own word does not a name make, why not give the kid your name if you want to name them after something stupid.
Was that mean? That was mean. I'm sorry. Not nearly as sorry as your kid will be, but sorry none the less.
This is keeping me out of jail, folks.

I feel better now. I will probably feel less like strangling the next bubbleheaded parent that's trying to decide between 'Bryline' or 'Hannyston' for their precious unborn.

Like I said, I'm not here to hurt anyone. Please don't take me seriously, I truly mean no harm.
I don't mean to disparage all unique names, there are really cool, unique names, it's the names that are a combination of different syllables from other names that bother me.

Last edited:
Name your child after an anime character and you don't deserve to be a parent.

/Thread.

Meh, imo parents have the prerogative to name their child whatever they want as long as it doesn't break any law. If the parents find it beautiful and meaningful to them I'm pretty sure they won't care at all what you think. In the end, people can always change their name later in life if they truly despise it.

But yeah, I like unique names and I plan on naming my children pretty different kinds of names you don't really see.

I mean, a tiny bit of uniqueness is o k sometimes, but sometimes it seems as if parents forget to consider that these will be actual people who will live real lives with a real name
Man, sometimes actions of stupid parents really get on my nerves

Some names are pretty weird. But I mean, I fully intend to be one of those parents with weird named kids. I plan to name my daughter Zea and my son Icarus or Ichabod. Which I mean, are pretty weird.

Probs one of my pet peeves when people have to give them those weird spellings no one knows how to pronounce and their kid have to suffer... Like.. bruh.

@kaydee at least those you can pronounce and they are names and not weird alterations...

Spongebob characters are the best names for children. No doubt about it.

So imma go ahead and name my child Plankton okay bye

Spongebob characters are the best names for children. No doubt about it.

So imma go ahead and name my child Plankton okay bye

um hello there :^)

But yeah my rl name is pretty common yet people tend to mispronounce it a lot, lmfao

Some names are pretty weird. But I mean, I fully intend to be one of those parents with weird named kids. I plan to name my daughter Zea and my son Icarus or Ichabod. Which I mean, are pretty weird.

Zea and Icarus are cute names.

yeah i agree tbh. especially when its a normalass name and the parents decide to spell all weird just so its unique/different.

reminds me of this �� �� ��

ojjwJQX.jpg

The lack of creativity parents have when naming their children is actually kinda scary; yet again, coming up with these new, bizarre names is worse

Last edited:
the unique spellings of names is really embarrassing............ hannah instead of hanna is cool, khaytelynne instead of caitlin is not

my mother nearly named me mustang, thank god my dad talked her out of it. i have a pretty regular name so can't complain.

i like unique names, to an extent, but not really ~uneeq~ spellings of "normal" names. my sister named her daughter kalista, nicknamed kali, which i absolutely love. she named her son gage, which i like for the most part.

my sisters name is misty dulce (dulce means candy/sweet) and her husband has an equally weird name, galen wade.

her third kid she named.......braedan council. i don't mind the council part, better than the ****ing horrid alternative that she was considering - "count". council is a name with history in her husband's family. but the ae spelling is ridiculous and i told her that, i tried to tell her to go with brayden. it came down to the last day, the day she was being released from the hospital, and she couldn't pick. so we literally flipped a coin to decide between braydan or braedan lmao

i was the one that flipped the coin, and it fell to the corner of the room. i could've easily lied about it, since nobody saw it except me, but it flipped to..... "braedan". i still live with the guilt of ruining that poor child's name to this day

If I ever have a daughter I would want to give her a Celtic name - some of my favourites being Aoife (ee-fa), Aisling (ash-lyn), Eilidh (ay-lee), Oonagh (oo-na), and Wynne (win-ee). But I live in a Celtic country so I feel like that cancels it out!

Last edited:
God, I really hate those edgy names that try to misspell every syllable. Alternate spellings are one thing, but people naming their kids something like Vyktoreah or Keiughtlynn goes too far. Like I have no problem with fantasy or uncommon names, but when they look ugly but sound like a common name... what's the point?

i don't really mind weird names as long as they sound pretty, intelligible and you're actually able to spell them...
one time my ex and i were coming up names for children if we had any and he liked the name burdur, i never really liked it myself because it sounds dopey to me

Back