Miiverse is being killed off - your thoughts?

I'm kind of sad but at same time not so sad. I had my nice memories using Nintendo's social media, but they are just some little things in my brain. The thing I'm mostly sad about is that I can't save/upload my Animal Crossing pictures after it shuts down. It's the easiest way for me to get good quality ingame pics. However, I can still get my pics by emailing the pics to myself, so I guess it's not that bad for me.

To be honest, I never used Miiverse at all, but I will kinda miss the funny posts other people made.

Yeah, hah. I think I went there like once or twice to check out and then you see the screenshots of trolls on the webs. But yeah I never used it for screenshots since I usually just bothered with hooking my device up.

I hope they give us some way to take screenshots on the 3DS without it, but otherwise I'm not too bothered about it.

They won't - the 3DS is no longer a priority (except for releasing Minecraft on for some reason). It's even been a while since the last stability update.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hope they give us some way to take screenshots on the 3DS without it, but otherwise I'm not too bothered about it.

They won't - the 3DS is no longer a priority (except for releasing Minecraft on for some reason). It's even been a while since the last stability update.

It's been over two weeks since the announcement, and I'm still very saddened by this. I actually really liked Miiverse for its artwork, roleplays, fanfics, advice, and more. Thanks to the communities, you could get to know lots of users by heart, but still discover users you have never seen before nearly everyday. There will never be anything else like it, so I'm making the best of the last few weeks.

Meh, I wasn't too enthralled with Miiverse. I used to visit and post on it a lot more when I first got a 2ds, but after that I rarely ever visited it.

If anything, the best memories I have from Miiverse are actually the fountain of cringe it often produced. :p /r/MiiverseInAction is a fantastic sub and I will miss laughing at people's stupidity on Miiverse.

Mostly I used it for posting pictures and some gameplay posts. When I saw there was no miiverse on the Switch I knew something was up. Soon we'll be paying for online service on the Switch.

A lot are looking for others to play ACNL with. Miiverse doesn't allow FC trading or giving out information about places to go to like this board.
Not sure why they don't know about ACNL different message boards.

If anything, the best memories I have from Miiverse are actually the fountain of cringe it often produced. :p /r/MiiverseInAction is a fantastic sub and I will miss laughing at people's stupidity on Miiverse.

How have I not seen this before
I've seen quite a few of the posts themselves from Twitter and other sites but wow, this really is a collection of art.

I'm not surprised by this. Companies tend to do this. Ditch the support and services for their older systems or games to get people to buy the newer ones. EA ditched Sims 3 when Sims 4 came out and now Nintendo is ditching Miiverse, 3DS and Wii U now that the Switch is out.

I am a bit bummed as I use Miiverse for posting high-quality ACNL screenshots...otherwise I couldn't care less.

I'm not surprised by this. Companies tend to do this. Ditch the support and services for their older systems or games to get people to buy the newer ones. EA ditched Sims 3 when Sims 4 came out and now Nintendo is ditching Miiverse, 3DS and Wii U now that the Switch is out.

In what world is Nintendo ditching the 3DS lmao.

I'm sad to see it go as I enjoyed using it during the first year it was live. I didn't use it actively anymore after that until the release of Super Mario Maker, it made such brilliant use of the platform. I really hope that if a new Mario Maker game appears on Switch that they'll make some in-game alternative, like in Splatoon 2. But since I don't really use it at this moment, I don't think it'll affect me that much. I've already moved on to the Nintendo Switch and Miiverse on 3DS is too slow to be usable for me.

I don't really care. I never used it. The best thing about Miiverse was seeing the random artwork that would appear on my Wii U's main menu that came from Miiverse.

I get some people have fond memories of it but...meh, really.

It is a waste of time and effort from Nintendo's standpoint, which is probably why they canned it. Anything feature-wise on Miiverse already occurs elsewhere. The wheel was already invented by twitter, reddit, and other sites (for AC content, even here on TBT).

I can see why it was fun, but Nintendo have better things to focus on.

Last edited:
I don't use miiverse much, but I like it for saving screen shots. This also seems like it is going to be killing a big part of the level sharing in Mario Maker.

Back