• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you eat meat?

Do you eat meat?

• Total voters

made08

Rezzz Rep of Sunshine 😎🌞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3703-5164-8227
Tasty Cake
I found another member who's a vegetarian (like me) yesterday and it got me thinking, what's the general consensus?

Please be nice to one another and let's just discuss this interesting issue :)

I've been a vegetarian for most of my life. When I was in elementary/middle school I went through a "meat is murder" phase and my parents were not having it haha. Since I was still growing they kind of made me eat meat. I was lazy for a few years and ate a little bit of meat here and there without really thinking about it. I never really liked the texture of it though which made me feel really grossed out by it. I also noticed that I felt groggy and yucky after eating meat so I decided to stop eating it a few years ago. I do have fish a couple of times a year, but only on special occasions. I tried to go vegan a couple of months ago but it wasn't really healthy for me since I have an eating disorder and classifying more foods as "bad" really made it hard for me to eat. Now I'm happy being just a vegetarian, it's what works for me and I love it! I do it namely for my own health and for the positive environmental impact.

Last edited:
I eat meat but I've doing my best to reduce my consumption to better my health. Too much red meat is not good for anybody. I've considered being a vegetarian because meat isn't a big part of my meals and the alternatives are good but I can't help but eat bacon and street meat hotdogs. I couldn't live without those man. xD

I do, I love meat more than I love myself.

I tried going veggie one year but on one hand I'm underweight as it is ad on the other hand I'm anemic so long story short it did not go well for me at all. I felt really tired and overall horrible all the time and my doctor was strongly against it so there that went. Also meat just tastes so damn good.

yes i eat meat everyday, ive been thinking of maybe being vegetarian but at this point i dont think i'll be able to make it a week without meat

i eat all meat, but usually if i'm having mince or sausages i have quorn as i'm actually not a big fan of red meat. however, i do eat red meat on rare occasions.

I eat meat but I've doing my best to reduce my consumption to better my health. Too much red meat is not good for anybody. I've considered being a vegetarian because meat isn't a big part of my meals and the alternatives are good but I can't help but eat bacon and street meat hotdogs. I couldn't live without those man. xD

Yeah, red meat is the worst of them all. Haha well you do what works for you! Have you ever tried turkey bacon? Morning star has a very good vegetarian bacon that I like to eat. It's really crunchy and it tastes the same as the real thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do, I love meat more than I love myself.

I tried going veggie one year but on one hand I'm underweight as it is ad on the other hand I'm anemic so long story short it did not go well for me at all. I felt really tired and overall horrible all the time and my doctor was strongly against it so there that went. Also meat just tastes so damn good.

I'm glad that you gave it a try even though you ended up not liking it :) it's important to do what's best for you. Like in my situation being vegan wasn't good for my health, so I had to go back to being vegetarian.

- - - Post Merge - - -

yes i eat meat everyday, ive been thinking of maybe being vegetarian but at this point i dont think i'll be able to make it a week without meat

Maybe you could challenge yourself to do a week without meat! That would be fun.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i eat all meat, but usually if i'm having mince or sausages i have quorn as i'm actually not a big fan of red meat. however, i do eat red meat on rare occasions.

What's Quorn?

Yeah, red meat is the worst of them all. Haha well you do what works for you! Have you ever tried turkey bacon? Morning star has a very good vegetarian bacon that I like to eat. It's really crunchy and it tastes the same as the real thing.

I have had turkey bacon actually! It's way less greasy and it's very delicious! Hmmm, well I should give that type a try!
Thanks for alerting me of it!

When I think too hard about where meat comes from, I get all disgusted and sad but when I see the meat dishes all in front of me, I can't picture the animal the meat came from and then I don't get all weird about it, especially when it's in pieces in a noodle dish or something. Anyway to stop this?

i would love to be a vegetarian but i have iron-deficiency so it's best not to go down that path. i'm not the biggest fan of meat either but i still eat a lot of it.

I have had turkey bacon actually! It's way less greasy and it's very delicious! Hmmm, well I should give that type a try!
Thanks for alerting me of it!

When I think too hard about where meat comes from, I get all disgusted and sad but when I see the meat dishes all in front of me, I can't picture the animal the meat came from and then I don't get all weird about it, especially when it's in pieces in a noodle dish or something. Anyway to stop this?

No problem! Happy to help.

I could recommend you some documentaries to watch. I think when you've seen how awful the process is it'll sway you a little bit. Also I would recommend going to a farm if you could and meeting some animals, seeing how cute and friendly cows and pigs are might make you feel a little inspired to eat less meat :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

i would love to be a vegetarian but i have iron-deficiency so it's best not to go down that path. i'm not the biggest fan of meat either but i still eat a lot of it.

Oh yeah that's a tricky situation. Your health is most important :)

When I was at my boyfriend's boat for a week last summer, I wanted to eat vegan with him so I didn't have any animal products except eggs (cause I have a weak spot for eggs ;w;) for the entire week and at first it was really strange but eating the alternative products made it really not so bad. The vegan ground beef, grated cheese and mayo made it seem like I was just eating "regular" food. I ended up not even missing the way I normally ate. It was really weird. His mom offered me roast beef during the dinners but I really didn't crave it like normal. That was just a week too!

Anyway, I dunno why I felt the need to tell you all that lol. But hey.

I'd try to eat dinner with no meat once a week or a few times a week. Eventually weed yourself off of it. That's what my boyfriend first did when he became vegetarian. He told me it gets easier overtime and eventually you don't miss it because the meatless meals you can make are just as good. And look what happened to me with just a week!

I feel like I want to become a vegetarian but the commitment scares me too much so I just try to weed myself off of it little by little. Who knows, it may happen in the future. You don't have to quit it all at once. Just take it slow.

When I was at my boyfriend's boat for a week last summer, I wanted to eat vegan with him so I didn't have any animal products except eggs (cause I have a weak spot for eggs ;w;) for the entire week and at first it was really strange but eating the alternative products made it really not so bad. The vegan ground beef, grated cheese and mayo made it seem like I was just eating "regular" food. I ended up not even missing the way I normally ate. It was really weird. His mom offered me roast beef during the dinners but I really didn't crave it like normal. That was just a week too!

Anyway, I dunno why I felt the need to tell you all that lol. But hey.

I'd try to eat dinner with no meat once a week or a few times a week. Eventually weed yourself off of it. That's what my boyfriend first did when he became vegetarian. He told me it gets easier overtime and eventually you don't miss it because the meatless meals you can make are just as good. And look what happened to me with just a week!

I feel like I want to become a vegetarian but the commitment scares me too much so I just try to weed myself off of it little by little. Who knows, it may happen in the future. You don't have to quit it all at once. Just take it slow.

Yeah once you realize there's basically an alternative for everything it doesn't seem so bad, right?

I have a weak spot for eggs too though lol.

You're totally right, a slow transition is the best way to do it. I think it's a good idea to give yourself little challenges like that so that you don't have to fully commit to something for too long. For example you could try being a vegetarian for one week and see how you feel. Then take a break and later on try it for two weeks. Then three, and so on and so on.

No problem! Happy to help.

I could recommend you some documentaries to watch. I think when you've seen how awful the process is it'll sway you a little bit. Also I would recommend going to a farm if you could and meeting some animals, seeing how cute and friendly cows and pigs are might make you feel a little inspired to eat less meat :)

I've definitely watched some documentaries and they are awful, so awful I couldn't watch them all. ^^; But for some reason, I have trouble looking at a one inch piece of chicken and picturing it coming from the actual animal. I know that doesn't make sense but if I look at a whole body of a rabbit in the grocery store, I get grossed out and wouldn't dare touch it. Same goes with looking at headless fish. But if I eat a fish stick, I don't think of them as the same thing, even though I know they are.

Sooooo doesn't make sense! D:

Hey! That's not a bad idea! I'm a sucker for animals (ironically enough) so for example, if I had a pig or knew one, I could NEVER kill it but because I don't know the animals the meat is coming from, I don't get that connection. I get connected to animals really quickly too so I dunno why I'm having trouble with this whole thing. It's strictly in my head and it doesn't make any sense. I'm weird, I dunno. I hope it's making sense!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah once you realize there's basically an alternative for everything it doesn't seem so bad, right?

I have a weak spot for eggs too though lol.

You're totally right, a slow transition is the best way to do it. I think it's a good idea to give yourself little challenges like that so that you don't have to fully commit to something for too long. For example you could try being a vegetarian for one week and see how you feel. Then take a break and later on try it for two weeks. Then three, and so on and so on.

I've thought about cutting out some dairy products and replacing them with some vegan alternatives such as milk with almond milk and mayo with vegan mayo cause honestly they all taste the same/better! Even the vegan sliced/grated cheese tastes the same to me!

Fried eggs can't really be replicated so it's tough. You can make vegan scrambled eggs but not fried with the yolk. Plus vegan chocolate is usually dark and I freaking hate dark chocolate haha.

(Sorry I'm replying to so many posts but I'm passionate about this topic and learning more about it! D:)

I'm a weak-willed vegan. I occasionally switch from vegan to vegetarian and back again. It's mainly for my health, but when I get healthier I go back to being vegan. I have anemia from a sudden amount of blood loss when I was 13, so it's hard to maintain my health and still believe in veganism being the way forward. (no I'm not a stereotypical radical vegan)I'm ashamed of it but, what can ya do?

i eat meat. too much of a bother to make an effort to change stuff and whatever. i dont rly care tbh like it's too much of an effort to start being vegetarian or vegan, especially since i dont cook my own food and i dont wanna bother my parents more lmao

i eat meat!

i kinda want to take some meat out of my diet to lose weight and stuff but i'm bad bcus i eat a lot
i'm also filipino and my culture loves meat lol. we have tons of food that involves meat being the main ingredient of the dish.
but we also tend to use most of the animal in cooking, like using the blood of pig instead of just the meat - we have something called "dinuguan" which is mainly pig blood and vinegar.

I eat all kinds of meat but technically I shouldn't eat red meats because it MESSES up my stomach but I like it too much.

that being said though, I avoid that type the most just because it upsets my stomach.

I'm glad that you gave it a try even though you ended up not liking it :) it's important to do what's best for you. Like in my situation being vegan wasn't good for my health, so I had to go back to being vegetarian.

Oh yeah that's a tricky situation. Your health is most important :)

More people need to have your mindset, I remember an ex-friend of mine got on my case saying "Well I'd rather die myself than eat an animal" like... the hell man.

More people need to have your mindset, I remember an ex-friend of mine got on my case saying "Well I'd rather die myself than eat an animal" like... the hell man.

id rather die too but thats bc i want 2 die /:
people who think theyre better than others bc theyre vegan or vegetarian are .,, like, Not Great

I don't eat red meat usually but every once in a while I'll crave a sausage biscuit from mcdonalds or something. Chicken and seafood are the main meats I eat.

Back