• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

i don't know, i think it's something to take into consideration of course, but i don't think it's enough substance to say "we really should lynch him today."

Because I think he's being evasive and wants a NL/policy for very dumb reasons. I only policy if someone's being a douchebag, and I never NL unless there's literally no suspects or it'd benefit town to NL. I still don't know why he wants to NL, and his policy suggestion was garbage.

Also, if you really did read my next sentence, then you wouldn't have asked me if I was OMGUS'ing, because I literally agreed with oath's analysis of my Farobi post. *shrug*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Please explain this for me.

You literally NEVER nl unless you (a) have absolutely no idea who is town or not, or (b) could lose by lynching the wrong person.

And you should never policy unless the person really deserves it.

So both of your suggestions (which are conflicting, btw) would only serve to hurt town's ability to scumhunt.

Because I think he's being evasive and wants a NL/policy for very dumb reasons. I only policy if someone's being a douchebag, and I never NL unless there's literally no suspects or it'd benefit town to NL. I still don't know why he wants to NL, and his policy suggestion was garbage.

Also, if you really did read my next sentence, then you wouldn't have asked me if I was OMGUS'ing, because I literally agreed with oath's analysis of my Farobi post. *shrug*

was just curious is all bc imo your idea to lynch oath based solely on the mention of a nl / pl seems pretty garbage. it's just as quick to jump the gun as oath's idea to nl / pl was.

Okay wait is the "him" here me or Farobi?

Farobi. Poor sentence structure, sorry

- - - Post Merge - - -

was just curious is all bc imo your idea to lynch oath based solely on the mention of a nl / pl seems pretty garbage. it's just as quick to jump the gun as oath's idea to nl / pl was.

I don't see any better candidates. His proposal is the most antitown thing I've seen in this thread so far. We have time so I'm not voting oath right now, but as Dolby likes to ask, if I had sole control of the lynch, I'd happily vote oath off.

i just re-read the whole thread and now i have a headache... ha

@tae things have changed a lot since then, Ness as developed into a nice young man and he no longer annoys the **** out of me, but his still a Pineapple Head none the less....

@Bianca do yourself a favor and don't let them get under your skin, its wasting everyones time.

as for the Ness/Tae/Farobi interaction, i don't see much scumminess from anyone Tae reacted as i would imagine him to, he has little time for nonsense, and Ness responded a little to hastily but not unlike himself as for Farobi i don't think scum would make a dumb move as to randomly pick someone out at this point.

for the NL thing i don't think we are at that point we still have plenty of time to see what will unravel this Day Phase.

wow i dont know what to make of that post..do myslef a favor? me waste everyones time? please explain this. i already apologized to you about your game. now if this post is supposed to be shady to me. i say stop it now and im not even starting anything and people are just commenting left and right about me as if i am not here

wow i dont know what to make of that post..do myslef a favor? me waste everyones time? please explain this. i already apologized to you about your game. now if this post is supposed to be shady to me. i say stop it now and im not even starting anything and people are just commenting left and right about me as if i am not here

pro tip: stop taking everything people say about you personally. Panda (and the thread) are just trying to help you :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

You literally NEVER nl unless you (a) have absolutely no idea who is town or not, or (b) could lose by lynching the wrong person.

And you should never policy unless the person really deserves it.

So both of your suggestions (which are conflicting, btw) would only serve to hurt town's ability to scumhunt.

Lemme ask you something.

How often do you lynch scum on day one? Not too often I believe. It's really a very rare occurrence. The way I see it, it's smarter to NL day one, see who gets killed, and then go through day two that way, since you have more info to work on and you have one less member of town killed than you would have if you lynched. Unless if you lynch mafia. Which, as I said, is rare.

pro tip: stop taking everything people say about you personally. Panda (and the thread) are just trying to help you :)

On the note of Bianca though, what would really help is if we just dropped it. Ignore what happened games ago.

yea but theres a certain way of saying something without being shady or condescending whic i do not appreciate

take it to PM's and leave drama out of the thread.
being emotional in thread during the game is chaotic, and it doesn't help town.
it's distracting and it's a waste of time and only add's nonsense to read.

Lemme ask you something.

How often do you lynch scum on day one? Not too often I believe. It's really a very rare occurrence. The way I see it, it's smarter to NL day one, see who gets killed, and then go through day two that way, since you have more info to work on and you have one less member of town killed than you would have if you lynched. Unless if you lynch mafia. Which, as I said, is rare.

Sure, the chance of lynching mafia d1 is low. That's just basic math. So why do we usually lynch d1? Because it helps town scumhunt and it gives us more information. Hell, that's why we start on d1 instead of n1 here in the first place.

Now, I would maybe understand if you proposed NL closer to day's end, with no really good suspects to vote for. But the fact you said it when you did bothers me. Not to mention in the context of your policy suggestion, which is an option that should only be reserved for very extreme scenarios in my opinion.

I'm seeing Sensai's name tossed around as a scumread, and I do kind of get some scummy vibes from him, but it's not enough to go on for me rn. He's null for me rn. I'll probably make a reads list sometime tomorrow as more events unfold.

Wait, you read the thread before and didn't have any thoughts? And now you're posting after re-reading it? Why did you not comment on anything before? Sorry to hear about your headache.

While I think it's too early to say the early Ness/tae/Farobi interactions were definitely a town^3 scenario, it's likely, and I think we should probably lynch oath today tbh.

Speaking of oath, the post he highlighted of me being "wishy-washy" is indeed wishy-washy. But it's because my read of Farobi was changing. I have him at null for now.

ya i re-read what i had already read the first few pages and then i caught up on the stuff i haven't read yet.

Not to mention in the context of your policy suggestion, which is an option that should only be reserved for very extreme scenarios in my opinion.

I come from a time where PLs were used in almost every situation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry, almost every day one, not situation

i don't see anything wrong with a NL or PL honestly if it comes down to the last couple hours of Day and we have no where to turn, its been explained to me time and time again as to why its harmful to town but i don't agree.

i just wanna also point out that @Luniel has been all over the forums today but hasn't been very active in this game thus far.

@Panda I partially agree, except oath suggested this near the start of day. Why is it his default, go-to option?

Now I’d be more likely to buy oath’s explanation, if he played similarly in BoTW. Except he didn’t. Why is he paying like how the forum used to play years ago, when the meta is different now? And what’s the REAL reason behind the push for a nl/policy? Perhaps the people being sussed are scummates.

Oath is still pretty sus to me, but if what he does is how he usually played years ago, then it’s a bit more understandable.

@Panda I partially agree, except oath suggested this near the start of day. Why is it his default, go-to option?

Now I’d be more likely to buy oath’s explanation, if he played similarly in BoTW. Except he didn’t. Why is he paying like how the forum used to play years ago, when the meta is different now? And what’s the REAL reason behind the push for a nl/policy? Perhaps the people being sussed are scummates.

Oath is still pretty sus to me, but if what he does is how he usually played years ago, then it’s a bit more understandable.

ya i agree it shouldn't be an option rn with so much time left, but tbh i can never figure Oath out so i think I've stopped trying. ha

I never actually said I wanted it. It's a preference.
Okay, then explain why it's your preference then?

This was something I was only interested in at first, but you've avoided such a simple question twice now.

So just read and the discussion moved past me/ness/tae which is goods. I don't support the NL and evan explained it well below.
Sure, the chance of lynching mafia d1 is low. That's just basic math. So why do we usually lynch d1? Because it helps town scumhunt and it gives us more information. Hell, that's why we start on d1 instead of n1 here in the first place.

--
Regarding oath, I don't find it too scummy cause I don't think he'd make an elaborate idea to NL as scum. Still null as opposed to townlean though. I also like evans quote above which is a good town-lean for me so far.

I want Trundle, Dad, and Heyden to share their thoughts when they can.

Back