• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Samurai Jack

Dim

Keep moving forward
Apple 🍎
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8579-5303-4501
Toy Hammer
Red Hyacinth
Red Balloon
Red Feather
Red Lily
Tin Robot
Red Pansy
Red Star Fragment
Bloodshot Potion
Red Tulip
Hmmm people have posted threads about their show, so why not this one?

Anyways, what is your opinion on this show? Any old time fans here? Anyone into the return (season 5)?

Of course this was another show I used to watch when I was really young but prior to it's return, I haven't seen it in soooooo long. Like a lot longer than I did with the other old cartoons. Maybe they didn't show it as often? Anyways, I flipped when I found out they were returning and had a gut feeling it was going to be damn good, and my feeling was correct alright. That's how you return an old cartoon, babe! (Suck it Teen Titans Go/PowerPuff Girls 2016!) Anyways, there's no question I am going to keep up with it every Saturday night on Toonami, but I should probably start from the beginning as well just because it's been so long... so that's my plan.

I used to watch it when I was really young, so all I remember is how cool the animation and characters were. I'm not anticipating the return as I don't plan on watching it. It's cool that it's coming back though!

i used to love samurai jack back then, and i watched the remade episodes and hey, for once they didnt completely ruin it, yet and im praying that they dont

I watched it as a kid. I saw quite a few episodes but I don't think I watched all of them. I used to watch it every week when it aired. I remember it well and I remember the atmosphere of it. Season 5 complements the feel of the show but changes it. I like it though. I think it fits and I like Jack being 50 years chronologically older and a shell of himself. I liked XCIII. I liked the part
where he killed one of the Aku's Daughters. It was an interesting moment for Jack because Jack mentioned that the things he was destroying were just nuts and bolts.

i used to love samurai jack back then, and i watched the remade episodes and hey, for once they didnt completely ruin it, yet and im praying that they dont

Inb4 samurai jack Go! becomes the newest show on cartoon network, with your quirky characters like Jack and Aku!!!!

I tried to watch it but I didn't like it.. Is it really as good as everyone (including my boyfriend) says it is? What's so good about it?

Inb4 samurai jack Go! becomes the newest show on cartoon network, with your quirky characters like Jack and Aku!!!!
Ed Edd n Eddy Go! Where Double D somehow loses half his IQ!

Arize-
I think it's main appeal is visual storytelling. There's a lot of emphasis on stylized action. Jack goes long periods of time without speaking, allowing the viewer to focus a lot more on the environment. As for season 5, I think it's that and the appeal of a rugged Jack 50 years later

(oops, I thought I pressed the quote button)

Last edited:
Arize-
I think it's main appeal is visual storytelling. There's a lot of emphasis on stylized action. Jack goes long periods of time without speaking, allowing the viewer to focus a lot more on the environment. As for season 5, I think it's that and the appeal of a rugged Jack 50 years later

(oops, I thought I pressed the quote button)

Oh okay. Well I can admit the visuals are lovely. But is the storytelling deep and compelling beyond that? That's usually my number one criteria when it comes to enjoying a show.

Oh okay. Well I can admit the visuals are lovely. But is the storytelling deep and compelling beyond that? That's usually my number one criteria when it comes to enjoying a show.

there's a bit of a story. The creator,Genndy Tartakovsky, explicity made only a few ongoing relationships with characters. So it's a bit less "dramatic" in a story telling sense because Jack traveled alone a lot. But season 5 have done a really good job with exploring Jack's humanity so far. It's more dramatic than the past seasons. But the past seasons have story heavy flashbacks or stories about Jack's family and Aku and stuff

Last edited:
I'm watching the new Samurai Jack, too, and to be honest, I realized there's a lot I forgot! So I'm also rewatching seasons 1 - 5.

Arize, there's plenty of story, it's just not with a core group of people like a lot of shows. This show follows the deeds of Samurai Jack, who is definitely out of place in the future, and since he's so set on doing good and getting back to his* own time, he doesn't slow down enough for anyone else to join him.

Last edited:
I grew up watching this show and it's an absolute classic. Been rewatching it lately to refresh myself for the reboot and have been having a great time. Like Teen Titans it never ended up getting a proper ending so I'm really forward to seeing it finally wrap after all these years with season 5.

Back