• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

just a question out of curiosity

epoch

oh no
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Yellow Candy
White Lily
Togepi Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Red Rose
Lobo
Mint
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
what happened to the regular cake collectible? i asked my sis if i can have hers bc... well bc she's inactive af and the cake looks delicious. but she said it's from her friend whom she used to talk to in this site.

so... what happened to it? it went from a full cake to just a slice ://

- - - Post Merge - - -

hm ok i just asked my sis to check her inventory bc i dont see it in her profile but uh.. it aint there. do regular cakes still even exist? or maybe sis just forgot she sold it off/threw it away or smth..

Last time i check, they still exist. Maybe they're rare and only appear for a small amount of time, idk...

what happened to the regular cake collectible? i asked my sis if i can have hers bc... well bc she's inactive af and the cake looks delicious. but she said it's from her friend whom she used to talk to in this site.

so... what happened to it? it went from a full cake to just a slice ://

- - - Post Merge - - -

hm ok i just asked my sis to check her inventory bc i dont see it in her profile but uh.. it aint there. do regular cakes still even exist? or maybe sis just forgot she sold it off/threw it away or smth..

yes, the regular cakes still exist, most people refer to them now as "stale" cakes. if you check out the TBT Market board, there are usually a few for sale there.

the admins removed the regular cake from shop in November 2015 iirc, and replaced them with the tasty cake. I don't remember the reasons, but there was probably a thread on the Bulletin Board about it that you can still check out. One good thing fwiw- the tasty cake is always in stock...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I say they exist but they are retired from the shop; so the existing inventory among the members is all there will ever be...

Last time i check, they still exist. Maybe they're rare and only appear for a small amount of time, idk...
hm is that so. i might look into buying one for myself if someone decides to sell theirs for a nice price ;-;
yes, the regular cakes still exist, most people refer to them now as "stale" cakes. if you check out the TBT Market board, there are usually a few for sale there.

the admins removed the regular cake from shop in November 2015 iirc, and replaced them with the tasty cake. I don't remember the reasons, but there was probably a thread on the Bulletin Board about it that you can still check out. One good thing fwiw- the tasty cake is always in stock...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I say they exist but they are retired from the shop; so the existing inventory among the members is all there will ever be...

well i found a thread about regular cakes being sold out bc of a user name coach. i don't know if they are kidding or whatever but an admin (i think it was jeremy) said they would restock it soon so that's probably not it. though i did find the announcement, it's in Bell Tree Direct 11-20-2015.

rip stale cakes 2k15 :c

I've actually never noticed them before. When did they used to be available?

the regular cake collectible has officially been erased from everyone's memories...

jk, i'm sure you've seen it before. it's the the cake next to my yellow candy collectible.

- - - Post Merge - - -

used to be common before the govt aka admins killed them off to extinction back in 2k15

iirc the 'stale cakes' actually ran out of stock on the 6-30-15 direct when apples and hammers were released and collectible insanity began to pick up

Everyone was complaining during that time (mostly newer members) about how there's no cheap collectibles in stock and apparently 39 for a pear was too much, so I'm assuming that's one of the reasons why they made the tastier, sliced version.

Why do you keep it in the shop then if it's "retired"?

Back