• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

periods

ok i know this is an older post on this thread but can i remind yall of this PLEASE. having a uterus =/= being a woman and not having a uterus =/= being a boy. so please stop saying "uwu boys have it easy" or "wow sux to be a girl xD" please and thank you. if you still want to say that some ppl have it easier just be like "must be nice not to have periods" or "wow it must suck to have periods" instead

tbh this is one of the things that REALLY pisses me off about period products / marketing. theyre always described as UWU FEMENINE care and if you just LOOK at the pacakging theyre always covered in flowers or hearts or otherwise steryotypical femenine things.

Honestly yeah, all of this. Sure, we're in a society that's still cisnormative, but it doesn't hurt to break the mold.

I feel compelled to share this embarrassing and ridiculous story

So like I?m at school, this was during my freshman year, and I?m minding my own business while also on a really heavy period. Mind you I?m pretty good-ish about managing it but apparently that day I was not. I?m walking out of my last class, I?m halfway to my locker and this dude comes up to me riding his skateboard and says hi. I say hi back and he promptly tells me, ?Looks like you, uh, sat in some juice...?

I had a bunch of blood leaking through my pants. It wasn?t just a little, it was literally a whole bunch. fml.

So like I’m at school, this was during my freshman year, and I’m minding my own business while also on a really heavy period. Mind you I’m pretty good-ish about managing it but apparently that day I was not. I’m walking out of my last class, I’m halfway to my locker and this dude comes up to me riding his skateboard and says hi. I say hi back and he promptly tells me, “Looks like you, uh, sat in some juice...”

I had a bunch of blood leaking through my pants. It wasn’t just a little, it was literally a whole bunch. fml.

This is why I'm always conscious about that ever happening, when I'm sitting down and suddenly stand up, I'm constantly getting the impression that there is a blood stain down there. It's such an odd feeling.

Always wear black or darker shades when you're on your period!

So like I’m at school, this was during my freshman year, and I’m minding my own business while also on a really heavy period. Mind you I’m pretty good-ish about managing it but apparently that day I was not. I’m walking out of my last class, I’m halfway to my locker and this dude comes up to me riding his skateboard and says hi. I say hi back and he promptly tells me, “Looks like you, uh, sat in some juice...”

I had a bunch of blood leaking through my pants. It wasn’t just a little, it was literally a whole bunch. fml.

NO WAY! Being told by a boy that there’s something... that’s just so weird omg
I always have a plan, like if this ever occurs at my workplace, my plan is to quickly tell a friend, get a tissue (if it spilt on the chair which is the worst worst thing that can happen) and maybe just take a few serviettes for myself and go to the bathroom, then put them in my underwear. That’s if I don’t have any pads on me. I’m just really paranoid, because since it’s pretty warm in my place, we wear dresses as uniform to work and wearing a dress when you have blood leaking... the absolute disaster.

bleading thru in public is the absolute worst omg i feel so bad for u )): it has happened to me a few times (years ago, thankfully it hasnt happened in like.... at least four years i'd say) and i was wearing the same gray pants every time, i stopped using them because they were Cursed.
when i was thirteen my family went to switzerland to see my brother and his girlfriend (now wife Yay) who lived there at the time and i got my period but i hadnt brought any pads or tampons with me and i was too embarrassed to tell anyone. everything Sucked and after a while i had to tell my mom and basically life continued sucking for the entire day lmao, really, everything was Bad and The Worst and Horrible. ;_;

This is why I'm always conscious about that ever happening, when I'm sitting down and suddenly stand up, I'm constantly getting the impression that there is a blood stain down there. It's such an odd feeling.

Always wear black or darker shades when you're on your period!

Well, yeah that part gets 'active' once you get up and move so yeah it will be, although maybe a faint feeling that it flows down. Since I'm on birth control pills now I know pretty much always when I will get it so I'm making sure to bring pads with me.

I'm also on mine but towards the end of it! Hooray! >< I don't actually get cramps during my period but I'm rather moody before and during... darn PMS! The most annoying part for me is having to change whatever product I'm using every few hours and not forgetting *sigh*

I wonder, what part of the period actually causes cramping? And how much do they hurt compared to other pains (like if something hits your foot when falling)?

Last edited:
I wonder, what part of the period actually causes cramping? And how much do they hurt compared to other pains (like if something hits your foot when falling)?

I think it depends on the person. For me, the cramps starts usually within the first two days or after I've eaten something sweet. Mine used to hurt really bad when it first started, but not so much lately, and I'm thankful. Mine feel like an intense stomach pain, like I feel like I have to go to the restroom, lol.

Last edited:

That depends.. for me it was usually the first two days (and mine were horrid, hence why I got on bc along with some other reasons you can probably figure out) and then it loosened but I had to probably overdose a bit on painkillers to even be up and going.

I can confirm they probably hurt more than most since they are around for a while at one centred area (abdomen, uterus etc) and doesn't go away just like that.

I think it depends on the person. For me, the cramps starts usually within the first two days or after I've eaten something sweet. Mine used to hurt really bad when it first started, but not so much lately, and I'm thankful. Mine feel like an intense stomach pain, like I feel like I have to go to the restroom, lol.

That depends.. for me it was usually the first two days (and mine were horrid, hence why I got on bc along with some other reasons you can probably figure out) and then it loosened but I had to probably overdose a bit on painkillers to even be up and going.

I can confirm they probably hurt more than most since they are around for a while at one centred area (abdomen, uterus etc) and doesn't go away just like that.

I didn't mean time, I meant why do they actually cramp (as in biological definition). But I now know how much it hurts.

Like I say, even men have their own problems. We guys get erections, and they can hurt too.

I didn't mean time, I meant why do they actually cramp (as in biological definition). But I now know how much it hurts.

Like I say, even men have their own problems. We guys get erections, and they can hurt too.

in the uterus the body prepares for a baby (creates a protective wall) and if the egg doesn't get fertilised the walls crumble away (hence the cramps and blood).

Last edited:
in the uterus the body prepares for a baby (creates a protective wall) and if the egg doesn't get fertilised the walls crumble away (hence the cramps and blood).

Yeah, what actually causes them to cramp when there is a period going on?

Last edited:

I noticed that you edited your post right when I said that. How stupid of me. But now I see why they cramp.

Last edited:
As a guy, it completely weirds me out when girls talk about it but I realize its just something girls go through and I'm fine

Like peichi said, the uterine lining is shaken off if the egg was not fertilized. However, what causes the cramps is not the lining ?crumbling? - it?s that contractions are necessary to shake it off. These contractions are caused by chemicals that are associated with pain.

The cramps can be mild and uncomfortable or severe (very similar to giving birth, for some women). For me the pain feels very...gnawing. Like something has got its teeth around my insides and keeps pulling and chewing at them >.>

- - - Post Merge - - -

also female erections can be pretty intense when we are on that matter lol so yeah that is not only male issues

I am honestly lost. Arousal (or erections) should not actually be painful for women OR men. I’m not sure what you or Alolan_Apples are referring to, as I’m pretty certain that anything other than some discomfort is indicative of a medical problem

Back