Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

Why is ness so thirsty? First Tae and now Oath

he needs some milk

isn't ness always aggressive as town tho

i'm not sure. it's been a while since i've played with him but i don't always remember ness being this well put together. but iirc i always remember ness and panda going at it, so i'm super rusty anyway..

Why do you just default to that now instead of waiting to see if something does come about?

Because he asked for my thoughts and I provided them.

No. You are not contributing anything other than "I think these 3 are town", and you only gave reasoning for townleaning one of those 3 (your opinion of my townplay). It's not even that you had to say "I have no suspicions", it's the fact that you actually want a NL/ML when I know you never suggested that back before you quit for a while.

You are not acting like how I remember you at all. BOTW was a different story then here, because despite you not giving much, you didn't suggest a NL or policy on day 1.

I didn't give anything day one that game.

Guys it's WAY too early to be thinking about NL or policy lynch, wtf oath.

Since when is NL this appalling horrendous thing? Like, seriously, way way back in the day, the days where I think f11, Trundle, Dad, Farobi, and I used to play, we would basically just guaranteed PL after a bunch of ****-posting. This is the first D1 where I'm actually contributing.

Dad[/B]]
Due to having two posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Heyden[/B]]
Due to having two posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Farobi is ****posting.

Although I'm grasping at straws here, SensaiGallade's unsureness of what's happening in the thread is more of a scumlean than anything for the purpose that he wouldn't put in too much brainwork into analyzing the very readable posts in the thread. Reminds me of how Waffles played in FNOF mafia as scum (yes i know they not same person but this is for scum plays in general) where he felt
disconnected with town consensus because he knows the Maf team either way.

Not exactly a fan of this post. The Ness/Farobi/tae thing was a confusing mess, I can't really blame Sensai for being confused by that. Now that I'm seriously reading these posts instead of skimming on my phone, I'm neutral on them.

Ok so my first impressions on Ness/tae/farobi (I think that's relevant) are:

Townleaning Ness and Tae, I've played multiple games with both and theyre using the same play style as I can remember. When I think Ness in mafia I think always trying to push on day 1
My meta on tae is probably a little outdated, but I've got a hunch his play is genuine up to this point

As for Farobi I dont know their normal style so null

Also even though he isn't really in questioning, I'm townleaning Toad. Seems genuine enough for day 1
So I thought I'd drop my thoughts really quick, I havent iso'd any posts so I started with meta, and now to answer tae's new rqs

I'm not particularly a fan of the "nobody is suspicious of him but I'm gonna say I TR him anyways". I mean I know I'm hypocritical because I'm about to say who I TR. But still.

I also don't like nulling Farobi just because you don't know their playstyle. You don't always have to rely on meta-analysis. New players make reads all the time despite not knowing how people play.

The "drop in, provide notes, and leave" reminds me a LOT of his playstyle for BOTW.

I can't find Curry's posts because I can't find their username. Please help.

I do notice that in reading Sensai's posts, back in post 97, Ness sus's on Sensai because they haven't had the chance to read the thread.

SensaiGallade kinda feels like they just didn't have time to read the thread, so i can somewhat lean scum based on that.

I'm sure you'll write this off as me trying to be OMGUS, but how exactly can you lean scum on someone for not reading the thread only halfway through day one? That's nonsense.

If I absolutely have to pick a town-lock, it's you. Playstyle is so far similar to BOTW.

This spoiler is for me. I am amazing.

toad's analysis of the Ness/Tae/Farobi debacle does seem to be spot on.

I like that SensaiGallade attempted to start some discussion in post 14. It's better than nothing.

Why am i always the one put up for lynch first -_-

Of course i do. She hasnt helped herself with the place holder debacle as well as arguing about past games but in general she seems off unlike other games when she was town

I am not a fan of these posts of Sensai's. The first reads of guilt tripping, and the second reads as "of course I agree with who you think is scum".

Sorry I don't even know what quicktopic is

God it's times like these where I wish I had kept the wiki up to date. What games has Vanessa played in, or is this a first?

Vanessa seems to be jumping on bandwagons

Ness's intense defending of Farobi strikes me as suspicious.

I'm leaning towards town for tae because his posts seem genuine, but I'm honestly still slightly suspicious of Farobi and Ness.

I also noticed this from her. Idk if it's significant but she used the words "would be a nice change" which sounds like she isn't scum, suggesting that maybe she is and was trying to not seem suspicious

But it also does read a lot like new player to me.

Again as I said with Ness, this is gonna look like OMGUS, but he did seem to want to jump on the "sus oath" train Ness was trying to pull out of the station.

first if all can we grow up between this toad / bianca stuff.
it's over with and if it doesn't stop it's just gonna clog the thread with bull****.

she's a distraction and it's not helping town.

to also touch base on things, there are more people i have thoughts on, but i'm still processing them and working on who i'd like to hear from. i will admit that like someone had said earlier, panda's very quiet D1 makes me concerned because from what i remember she's usually a pretty strong voiced player. as for as oath, dad, caleb and other's i've never played with i don't know their usual game play and i will have to look more into it as time goes on.

I like this post, but I kind of can't agree with Bianca being a chaotic TP because this is her playstyle. The only way to figure this out is for us to put up her for lynch and see if she drops out, basically.

Due to having three posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Due to having three posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

I disagree on his FoS on Farobi.

ayy lmao those were fun

Ok I'm all caught up, not sure I like the thread's current revolving around the Farobi/ness/Tae trio, but there are other people being called out as well so idk. I think Farobi's being a bit evasive but he didn't actively try to lynch his RNG target, and he did RNG as town in SK as well, so ehhh. My scumleans rn are Vanessa and Farobi. Vanessa seems like she's not contributing unique thoughts of her own and is trying to sound genuine. She even said "hey, what I said was a genuine reaction," which isn't something you need to say if your reaction really is genuine.

Also lol Bianca and Toads at it again...

This is a very wishywashy post.

Due to having no posts, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Due to having one post, I have no major reads here. I cannot get a read off of someone who has so few posts.

Look I honestly have no clue.

Town-Read: Ness, tae, VanessaMay18, xCleb, amazonevan19

Null-Read (in no particular order): Dad, Heyden, Farobi, toadsworthy, PandaDarling, Locket, Kit, Trundle, Biancasboutique, f11

Scum-Read: Jacob, SensaiGallade

To Be Ranked: Curry because I can't find their posts. Please help.

I don't like having so many people in the null-read category, but, so many people haven't contributed much.

i just re-read the whole thread and now i have a headache... ha

i'm not sure. it's been a while since i've played with him but i don't always remember ness being this well put together. but iirc i always remember ness and panda going at it, so i'm super rusty anyway..

@tae things have changed a lot since then, Ness as developed into a nice young man and he no longer annoys the **** out of me, but his still a Pineapple Head none the less....

@Bianca do yourself a favor and don't let them get under your skin, its wasting everyones time.

as for the Ness/Tae/Farobi interaction, i don't see much scumminess from anyone Tae reacted as i would imagine him to, he has little time for nonsense, and Ness responded a little to hastily but not unlike himself as for Farobi i don't think scum would make a dumb move as to randomly pick someone out at this point.

for the NL thing i don't think we are at that point we still have plenty of time to see what will unravel this Day Phase.

@Oath I just kinda drop in notes no matter what allignment I am, but I think the main difference between BOTW and this game is that I really didnt try or read the thread until the end of Night 1. When its day one meta and small notes are all I know how to do lol

I read Vanessa say 'tbh idk what quicktopic is' and I think that was a genuine response lol idk why. I can't go back to the RQS because working mobile is kinda ass but I think this is her first game? If its not her first game then her 'not knowing' what a quicktopic is actually really scummy. And I dont think she would say that if she's mafia and/or played at least one game before

Also it was brought up that I advocated a policy lynch in a previous game, but that was against Zendel. I only did it because we had no one else imo and he actively dropped out of games around that time. I'm not seeing anyone in this game worth a policy lynch

@Oath I just kinda drop in notes no matter what allignment I am, but I think the main difference between BOTW and this game is that I really didnt try or read the thread until the end of Night 1. When its day one meta and small notes are all I know how to do lol

i can 100% back this up bc it's all i've ever seen jacob do in almost every single game i've ever played with him.

I like that SensaiGallade attempted to start some discussion in post 14. It's better than nothing.

I am not a fan of these posts of Sensai's. The first reads of guilt tripping, and the second reads as "of course I agree with who you think is scum".

1. Guilt tripping wasn't my intention. Believe what you want but I'm telling you otherwise.

2. I didn't think i should have to clarify myself after stating I found Bianca suspicious. As you can see blow:

Regardless to that, its suspicious to me considering Bianca has only made one post which contained no material to go off. If she wants to vote without giving a reason then she should converse more in the thread and post more substance.

Whats the point in that? You're most likely to change your vote anyway so why waste your time with a placeholder

I wouldn't placehold a vote because its a stupid thing to do, unless you want people against you early on.

Just skimmed through the thread, don't really have time to make a proper post (maybe tonight) but I sus Sensai so I don't really mind lynching him today. Don't really have any townleans, sort of null on everyone atm, maybe town on Dad/Ness idk.

Since when is NL this appalling horrendous thing? Like, seriously, way way back in the day, the days where I think f11, Trundle, Dad, Farobi, and I used to play, we would basically just guaranteed PL after a bunch of ****-posting. This is the first D1 where I'm actually contributing.

It's not always a bad thing, but for d1 and especially in this kind of large game when there's plenty of possible lynch suspects? Yeah it's really weird to be pushing for a policy or NL as early as you did in this phase.

Also I can generally agree with most of your reads, but I think I have a bit of an issue with your read on Sensai, specifically the guilt-tripping portion of it. From my perspective, his "guilt-trip" posts read extremely similarly to that of Heyden's, in that they aren't really posts that should be taken seriously, but also gets the point across that they're annoyed by having suspicion. The same thing happens between both of them, and I don't believe it has anything to do with alignment, at least right now.

i just re-read the whole thread and now i have a headache... ha

Wait, you read the thread before and didn't have any thoughts? And now you're posting after re-reading it? Why did you not comment on anything before? Sorry to hear about your headache.

While I think it's too early to say the early Ness/tae/Farobi interactions were definitely a town^3 scenario, it's likely, and I think we should probably lynch oath today tbh.

Speaking of oath, the post he highlighted of me being "wishy-washy" is indeed wishy-washy. But it's because my read of Farobi was changing. I have him at null for now.

While I think it's too early to say the early Ness/tae/Farobi interactions were definitely a town^3 scenario, it's likely, and I think we should probably lynch oath today tbh.

are you basing the want to lynch oath on the idea that he mentioned a NL or a PL this early on, or is it more of a omgus deal where he called you wishy-washy?

Wait, you read the thread before and didn't have any thoughts? And now you're posting after re-reading it? Why did you not comment on anything before? Sorry to hear about your headache.

Speaking of oath, the post he highlighted of me being "wishy-washy" is indeed wishy-washy. But it's because my read of Farobi was changing. I have him at null for now.

Wow, you seem very ready to lynch oath

are you basing the want to lynch oath on the idea that he mentioned a NL or a PL this early on, or is it more of a omgus deal where he called you wishy-washy?

Just curious, did you read my next sentence?

@Ness Fairly certain about him since I hate it when people ask for policy or nls. Both have scum/anti town motivations.

Just curious, did you read my next sentence?

@Ness Fairly certain about him since I hate it when people ask for policy or nls. Both have scum/anti town motivations.

yeah i did read it, but you dodged my question regardless.
can you clarify for me why it is you're set on an oath lynch?

- - - Post Merge - - -

nvm your reply to ness was "it's got anti-town motivations because of it.

That isn't what I asked. My question is in regards to you why you want a policy lynch so early on, not why you said you wanted a policy lynch.

I never actually said I wanted it. It's a preference.

I shared my thoughts on the Tae Farobi and Ness trifecta of messing around. Y'all are soft town for me. In lieu of actual D1 reads, due to it being D1, I would prefer a NL over ML. But if we have to lynch, go for either an inactive or someone that's a distraction like Bianca.

Okay wait is the "him" here me or Farobi?

Back