• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

i can see where you're coming from.
but i was just simply trying to explain that picking a random afk-person doesn't stir up a lot of discussion. but apparently me calling that out did, in a round about way i have stirred up discussion and even though i didn't pry for info on WHY they did it, it still got the job done in my opinion.

i'm not saying i'm perfect or what i've contributed is of grand substance, but it does press me how quick you've been to jump on his defense and read me as aggressive when i was just trying to explain how i don't see how an rng-pick-a-player tactic would be effective in this situation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm not here to guide and coach. but i will call things out when i don't find them to be useful.
if that grants me a scum lean from you, so be it son. it's no skin off my back.

dude, how can i be defending farobi when (figuratively) there wasn't anyone who was saying he was scum

i don't care about whether or not farobi someone thinks he is suspicious, i stated my thoughts on him and saw what you said as suspicious.

Admittedly, your tone of voice in this last post feels genuine, so i can see town in you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

anyway i've exhausted all motivation i had from the essay i just wrote about tae so i'm going to bed unless nothing else comes up.

1. What is your timezone?
PST
2. How active will you be this game?
I will do my best to be active, hopefully work doesn't get in the way too much.
3. Preferred pronoun?
Your Majesty or My Lady will do
4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia?
I don't get to be Mafia very often it would be a nice change.
5. How do you handle pressure?
Just fine thank you.
6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best?
Ness ;)
7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you?
Hmmm.... I dunno, maybe Toad.
8. How many games have you played?
Don't know the number... 10+ I believe
9. Who would you fearkill N1?
Maybe glow

woah there is drama and mafia hasn't even got past the first day

As it should be. only a little bit more than half posted in the thread. And even less posted anything aside from answering the RQs. I'm going to be busy in a few hours so I wont be very active by then.

Why is everyone else so quiet. At least check in in the thread ffs

all this tae/ness/farobi cluster cuck really looks like town vs town vs town tbh

also did anyone catch Apple saying he would fear kill Dolby, when Dolby isn't even in this game... yeah he's on replacement, but still its weird. Did Jacob do this in BOTW when he was scum?

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. What is your timezone? AST

2. How active will you be this game? Not exceedingly active, especially for D1 as I'm still out of town.

3. Preferred pronoun? bob

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? honestly indifferent, I just like well set up games

5. How do you handle pressure? depends if I'm town or mafia

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? I drive the bus

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? I drive the bus

- - - Post Merge - - -

Whoops I thought that was all the questions.

8 idk

9 Dolby

OMG you are a trundle again lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

welcome to TBT mafia where the drama is ripe and the reads don't matter

I’m alive. First of all can we have more fun rqs these are always recycled and boring.

1. pst
2. I have priorities like school but I won’t coast ;)
3. idc
4. I love being mafia so much
5. Me? Handling Pressure? Y’all are wild.
6. Me? Knowing how to read? Y’all are wild.
7. Jacob I think, maybe tae and panda too
8. I’ve only played 5 mafia games before uwu :lemon:
9. Tae, Dad, and Glow

1. What is your timezone?
EDT

2. How active will you be this game?
Depends on my work load over the next week or so, but I should be back to my normal activity levels again.

3. Preferred pronoun?
He, His, Him, etc.

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia?
I bare no preference for alignment. I will say though that I believe I would play TP with slightly more intrigue, as I've only been TP a couple times.

5. How do you handle pressure?
Depends, you've seen a lot from me, so take your pick.

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best?
7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you?
Clumping these questions together because it's a very situational thing for me. I don't like to think that I can read people better than others, and the same goes for people I read worse than others. It allows me to stay objective to just reading people.

After going back and looking for all of my past forum games, I can say with certainty that this is my 98th forum game.

This isn't something i'm inclined to answer.

i read ness and vanessa (weird your names go together) as town so far, gallade as slight sus, and farobi is very null

this is very early obviously though, so don't freak the eff out. Not to mention half the people haven't even shown up
Any particular reason why you find SensaiGallade suspicious at this point in the game? I don't believe you explained this, but I don't believe they've done anything wrong just yet.

I find him innocent because I'm innocent. Mafia wouldn't go that far to defend someone acting so out there.
Big red flag here; Farobi makes this statement as if he's certain that Ness is innocent because of his own innocence. As Town, it's impossible to be certain about anything unless you can learn concrete information. Only Mafia can be 100% certain about these kinds of things on Day 1. I know he stated in his post after this that it wasn't a solid Town-Read; being so quick to Town-Lean is still
quite suspect, since Ness hasn't done anything to really look Town as of now.

all this tae/ness/farobi cluster cuck really looks like town vs town vs town tbh
To be honest, that's what I thought of the whole situation until Farobi chimed in to defend Ness. I feel like Tae/Ness has some potential to be a Town-Scum interaction because of that.

also did anyone catch Apple saying he would fear kill Dolby, when Dolby isn't even in this game... yeah he's on replacement, but still its weird. Did Jacob do this in BOTW when he was scum?
Honestly I don't see Jacob's situation as applicable, since we're talking about two completely different people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm quite glad that there's some legitimate discussion going on this early on; normally I'm getting pissed at people **** posting but this is a nice change of pace.

f11 you've played like as many games as I have. "5" lol okay

Also I'm posting from work on the cell so I can't make big posts but I'll reread and add my thoughts so far. Not a fan of this rqs because I've seen it word for word three games in a row. None of my answers have changed, still prefer to be mafia over town and honestly I wouldn't fearkill anyone in this game. Not sure anyone in this game could read me well, Ness caught me in assassin but that wasn't really mafia and seemed like a guess between active oldbies but I will give him the benefit of being the only one in this game who might be able to. glow seems alright, never played with tae but apparently people would fearkill them but idk

Also I like how Vanessa took Ness so seriously right off the bat lol, seemed odd to me

Big red flag here; Farobi makes this statement as if he's certain that Ness is innocent because of his own innocence. As Town, it's impossible to be certain about anything unless you can learn concrete information. Only Mafia can be 100% certain about these kinds of things on Day 1. I know he stated in his post after this that it wasn't a solid Town-Read; being so quick to Town-Lean is still
quite suspect, since Ness hasn't done anything to really look Town as of now.
N e s s is a townlean for me because he chimes in to defend me despite me calling out someone completely random. Yes, a mafia could do that, but he continues on to push paragraphs-worth of discussion with tae which to me is a really town thing to do in my perspective. You're probably sussing me over Ness anyways, but I still believe that Ness and Tae are town, and that scum have contributed minimally, if at all, in the thread at the moment.

And to make it even more clear, I was the person who pushed the RNG option which was never done in a main TBT mafia game before. Personally I wouldn't take that risk as scum (or probably I would for the lols idek my motives). I actively try to push for content in the thread which many people don't bother doing almost 8 hours in the game. It makes sense if people would overanalyze the exchange between the three of us but I highly suggest against that because I'm sure we all town bruh

- - - Post Merge - - -

honestly I wouldn't fearkill anyone in this game.
Can you expound what you mean by this? Do you think no one else is a threat to you if you are scum and if they were town?

glow seems alright, never played with tae but apparently people would fearkill them but idk
And what's with this really random mention of glow? Or did you mean that you'd end up fear killing her in continuation with your last statement?

Okay hi sorry I didn't realize that the game was in another thread woops.

1. What is your timezone? EST

2. How active will you be this game? Active

3. Preferred pronoun? He

4. Do you prefer being Town or Mafia? Town

5. How do you handle pressure? Well.

6. Which player(s) in this game can you read the best? I have **** reads

7. Which player(s) in this game can best read you? Probably Dad, maybe Trundle.

8. How many games have you played? Too many.

9. Who would you fearkill N1? Probably nobody. Outside of BOTW, I haven't played in ages. I fear nobody.

Well given BOTW mafia and how Ness led that D1 lynch into a pit, yeah, I'm inclined to believe that it's town v town v town here too.

@Farobi: glow was one of the few decent town players in BotW which is why I bring them up.

btw people are townreading those three way too fast, I would like for any of you who just straight up read it as town vs town vs town to explain why you think everyone that was involved in that argument is town. Those three being Ness/tae/Farobi. I don't necessarily see it yet.

I can explain why I think so I'm s little bit.... I'm at clinic

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe I have time now....

Farobi did the random number thing, and yes. Doing that as scum so early is suicide essentially, if Farobi is scum, then I would hate to be in a at with him. Is it completely out of his character and could he do it as scum, yes. I am not going to townlock him or anyone this early, but I see it townleaning.

Ness has been questioning people and it harkens back to the ness I'm used to. Look back on his old games. His defense of Farobi and attack of tae is honestly warranted. In early game it is a little out of place, but overall I understand it and don't feel any red flags from it.

Tae has never been scum. For them to come out and be aggressive is normal for them. The naturalness of how tae was approaching it is what sells it for me. All three of these people had reasons for what they did and lend to town-sided in my eyes. Ness could be trying to pocket Farobi, but I don't think that's a good idea tbh, as he is a wild card too. Tae I think would be more mindful of being less aggressive if they were town

- - - Post Merge - - -

Completely out of his character - no,
Could he do it as scum - yes
Sorry typing on mobile

I'm leaning towards town for tae because his posts seem genuine, but I'm honestly still slightly suspicious of Farobi and Ness. As xCleb said, if they were both town why would they be so sure that the other person was innocent? Also Farobi's number generator thing was so obviously something a scum shouldn't do that it makes me think he's trying too hard to appear as not scum. But I'm not certain of any of this, there's not quite enough information to tell.

I'm leaning towards town for tae because his posts seem genuine, but I'm honestly still slightly suspicious of Farobi and Ness. As xCleb said, if they were both town why would they be so sure that the other person was innocent? Also Farobi's number generator thing was so obviously something a scum shouldn't do that it makes me think he's trying too hard to appear as not scum. But I'm not certain of any of this, there's not quite enough information to tell.

As I said again, I townlean Ness from the way he views the exchange between me and tae, something a town player would probably pick up on. And another thing I forgot to mention is that his playstyle reminds me of how he played in BoTW as a town player, which I was keenly observing at that time. IIRC he doesn't like playing scum and he seems to have the fire of a town player in this game.

It looks like I'm high key defending Ness but, to reiterate on what I said before, I'm still certain that three of us are town and so far inclined to townlean toads as well for his sound logic regarding us three. Oath and xCleb are null for me at the moment. Dad ever so slight suspicion.

Anywho, we still haven't heard from Evan, Kit, Bianca, and Curry as of yet so it would be nice if they check in the thread and contribute things aside from the RQs (seriously, that's such an easy way for scum to fill up and say that they've "contributed").

And is it just me or the links to the posts of people not working?

I just woke up, and I'm getting newbie scum motivation from this post Vanessa made. I'll explain later.

i wouldn't call it drama, exactly.
why not post a bit instead of popping in and going "o look drama!" and leaving.

9. Tae, Dad, and Glow

don't fear kill me i'm lonely. :(

Curry has replaced glow.

CURRY MY MAN. WELCOME U CUTE LIL CLAM.

Tae has never been scum. For them to come out and be aggressive is normal for them. The naturalness of how tae was approaching it is what sells it for me. All three of these people had reasons for what they did and lend to town-sided in my eyes. Ness could be trying to pocket Farobi, but I don't think that's a good idea tbh, as he is a wild card too. Tae I think would be more mindful of being less aggressive if they were town

was that supposed to be " i think tae would be more mindful of being less aggressive if they were mafia?" because i've always always been an aggressive townie. just looking for verification or if that was a slip. :^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

all ya'll mad about the RQS: thanks google. do them or dont. i tried.

tell me the 3 best things about you:
on a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?:
which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?:
if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?:
what was your favorite toy growing up?:
what made you want to play forum mafia?:

-------- to answer them myself.
tell me the 3 best things about you:
- my laugh, my smile, and sometimes my personality.
on a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?:
- my mother was a 1 and my dad was probably a 10 but i didn't live with him til i was an adult legally.
which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?:
- probablya genius. i wanna invent and change the world.
if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?:
- my skin. i wish i had really soft acne free skin. + thicker hair.
what was your favorite toy growing up?:
- i loved the hell out of legos and stuffed animals as a kid.
what made you want to play forum mafia?:
- i got bullied into it by ness iirc. and i fell in love w/ the people and the game, they became my home.

tell me the 3 best things about you: I’m funny, I have good memes and an ok fashion sense.

on a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?: 8; not like “strict” but it essentiall caused me to lose a whole childhood.

which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?: I would wanna be wealthy af so whichever one gives the most money.

if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: My whole body and my personality, hate it all lol

what was your favorite toy growing up?: Sheepie, a stuffed sheep doll I had

what made you want to play forum mafia?: I saw all the cool people were playing i and I wanted to be cool too.

Back