• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Mafia: Endgame MAFIA WINS

if u read the 2nd post in OP it says Maf KP is determined by roles remaining not # mafia

honestly i don't really understand what that means?

Specifically, Chick is Vanilla Town.

The reason I didn't say that at first was because I didn't realize that everyone was going to claim anyway, so I figured it would be a better idea to hide the actual role, just in case. Obviously that was a mistake on my part.

but chick already claimed so hiding it was useless

why did you pick chick over someone like ness or oath

Thats actually an interesting point. Mafia has no base KP. Instead they have 2 killing roles and one to two other roles.

Cleb you are making me...confusion.

Out of allll the people you chose it was Chick, why?

What was the point in hiding it too?

Questions questions questions questions

oath what character is ur role

also has chick specified which character or just that they're vt

well I didn't plan to say it at all but I may as just reveal everything now that I've gone so far anyway

n1 Cleb, n2 myself. so Cleb is good for tonight but I'm a goner

Why did you protect an inactive on the first night?

Wait he softed blue then he claimed townie?

Maybe he didn't soft blue, I thought someone mentioned he did.

Don't even remember anymore.

Dolby said this. I remember yelling at him for it. He said it he pointed it out to prove he was third party or something along those lines.

Zendel
Jacob
Ness
Byngo
Aron
Tina

What are their roles

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ness being Sidon allegedly

I'm Riju. Townie.

if u read the 2nd post in OP it says Maf KP is determined by roles remaining not # mafia
Thats actually an interesting point. Mafia has no base KP. Instead they have 2 killing roles and one to two other roles.

Have you seen something like that done in a game before @Oath?

but chick already claimed so hiding it was useless

why did you pick chick over someone like ness or oath
Yeah to be honest I haven't paid full attention to this game so I must have missed that somewhere. There's a lot of grey space for me from the first couple cycles.

I chose Chick because I believed that, at the time, there was less of a case to lynch them than Ness. Obviously, we headed into Today with Ness as one of the top scum-reads, so checking him would have been pretty pointless. I believed Chick to be someone that was generally scum-read, but would have also been someone that could ride on different lynches for a couple Days, so I checked them instead.

Checking Ness didn't really make sense in my eyes, since if he's scum, then there's already a big enough case against him and I'd be wasting my investigation. I hadn't really considered oath for investigation at all, if I'm going to be honest about it.

...I think Zendel claimed fake claim.

He said his role name is Patricia, the townie. Patricia is the most obscure character in the entire game that I didn't even know about because it's literally the pet of a main character. This is what Patricia looks like in game:

Patricia_2.jpeg

Everyone else has claimed a character that has somewhat of a role within the story, his by far is the most unusual out of all the townie claims.

Specifically, Chick is Vanilla Town.

The reason I didn't say that at first was because I didn't realize that everyone was going to claim anyway, so I figured it would be a better idea to hide the actual role, just in case. Obviously that was a mistake on my part.

A Role Cop is an investigative role that receives the role name of its target. In Normal games, this is "Cop", "Doctor", "Roleblocker, and so forth. There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla", although a Godfather will return "Godfather".

In themed games, the Role Cop has been known to return the target's flavor name (e.g. Pikachu), the target's role name (e.g. One-Shot Thundershocker), or both.

Role Cops have been seen aligned with Town and scum, and is actually a somewhat popular Mafia role in games with many power roles."

There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla"

role cops don't indicate alignment. you're only supposed to get their role.

i also honestly refuse to believe chicks town so i was considering possibility that there's a driver if you're actually real. so that's why i asked. if mafia doesn't have roleblocker with 3 investigative & 3 protective prs, a driver would make sense

but if your result was chick and you inspected chick that means you weren't driven. so if you weren't driven, roleblocked or killed, and there's no godfather or strongarm available (because they would've used it on you), then what the **** roles are left? i guess they could've used a strongarm on n1, if you want to argue that toadsworthy changed the way he uses that mechanic?

or maybe if KP is associated with specific roles and not dependent on the number of mafias present, there could be a strongarm? still, strongarming n1 would be pretty weird in a situation when you get bulletproof lynched d1. you'd only use it on people you really think would be protected bc you don't want to waste it. since dolby didn't hit me (if he did i'd be third, right?) then they either strongarmed dad or fleshy if there's a strongarm present.

the only other maf pr roles that are really possible are:

Roleblocker
Godfather
Traitor - very unlikely as that'd be townsided
Role Cop - hi xcleb
Strongman - possibility
Ninja - ?????

pretty sure there's never been a ninja on tbt before, and it would be pretty OP in this setup combo'd with a strongarm considering it makes watcher useless, bulletproof useless, doc somewhat useless, and JOAT 2/3 useless. i would say it's WAY less likely that there's a ninja than there is a roleblocker, and way more likely clebs scum with chick trying to endgame

Why did you protect an inactive on the first night?

Dolby said this. I remember yelling at him for it. He said it he pointed it out to prove he was third party or something along those lines.

I'm Riju. Townie.

Have you seen something like that done in a game before @Oath?

I have not. But I have no idea how else they could do it. If mafia KP isn't calculated by the number of mafia then what else is it?

A Role Cop is an investigative role that receives the role name of its target. In Normal games, this is "Cop", "Doctor", "Roleblocker, and so forth. There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla", although a Godfather will return "Godfather".

In themed games, the Role Cop has been known to return the target's flavor name (e.g. Pikachu), the target's role name (e.g. One-Shot Thundershocker), or both.

Role Cops have been seen aligned with Town and scum, and is actually a somewhat popular Mafia role in games with many power roles."

There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla"

role cops don't indicate alignment. you're only supposed to get their role.

i also honestly refuse to believe chicks town so i was considering possibility that there's a driver if you're actually real. so that's why i asked. if mafia doesn't have roleblocker with 3 investigative & 3 protective prs, a driver would make sense

but if your result was chick and you inspected chick that means you weren't driven. so if you weren't driven, roleblocked or killed, and there's no godfather or strongarm available (because they would've used it on you), then what the **** roles are left? i guess they could've used a strongarm on n1, if you want to argue that toadsworthy changed the way he uses that mechanic?

or maybe if KP is associated with specific roles and not dependent on the number of mafias present, there could be a strongarm? still, strongarming n1 would be pretty weird in a situation when you get bulletproof lynched d1. you'd only use it on people you really think would be protected bc you don't want to waste it. since dolby didn't hit me (if he did i'd be third, right?) then they either strongarmed dad or fleshy if there's a strongarm present.

the only other maf pr roles that are really possible are:

Roleblocker
Godfather
Traitor - very unlikely as that'd be townsided
Role Cop - hi xcleb
Strongman - possibility
Ninja - ?????

pretty sure there's never been a ninja on tbt before, and it would be pretty OP in this setup combo'd with a strongarm considering it makes watcher useless, bulletproof useless, doc somewhat useless, and JOAT 2/3 useless. i would say it's WAY less likely that there's a ninja than there is a roleblocker, and way more likely clebs scum with chick trying to endgame

Look, I'm really not into voting for a semi-confirmed role cop when we're on LYLO.

Just because the site you're quoting says that role cops don't indicate alignment, doesn't mean that Toad followed that to the letter.

I do recall Chick being a person under suspicion early game; so the fact that they were investigated is somewhat understandable. That said, given how things have changed during the game, I am surprised Ness or myself wasn't investigated.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah. I think I should do that just in case I would stupidly be lying.
And it's more believable for you guys.
Not sure if Cleb is online at the moment.

Although, glow, this does give credence to your theory.

Chick, you have absolutely no reason to not share your flavor name. What is it?

I'm revali the roleblocker

wasn't sure if i should claim or not because I think my role is supposed to be more useful as the game progresses but if all my friends jump off a bridge I'm jumping too

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i role blocked no one night one cuz i wasn't reading and because i had not a single clue who mafia was

blocked zendel night 2 because yolo

wasn't sure if i should claim or not because I think my role is supposed to be more useful as the game progresses but if all my friends jump off a bridge I'm jumping too

Alrighty, and who'd ya block each night?

- - - Post Merge - - -

And we can ignore my comment yay

...I think Zendel claimed fake claim.

He said his role name is Patricia, the townie. Patricia is the most obscure character in the entire game that I didn't even know about because it's literally the pet of a main character. This is what Patricia looks like in game:

Patricia_2.jpeg

Everyone else has claimed a character that has somewhat of a role within the story, his by far is the most unusual out of all the townie claims.

I literally don't know anything about Zelda, so okay?

---

I'm going to sleep because that's apparently inexcusable to people in different time zones. Push a lynch on me while I'm asleep or when my internet is down why don't you? lol :)

Bye...I can't defend myself in my sleep and it seems as though people will lynch me anyway. haha

I think our chances of winning are very slime at this point and it doesn't really matter if I do get lynched.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i role blocked no one night one cuz i wasn't reading and because i had not a single clue who mafia was

blocked zendel night 2 because yolo

How wasteful of you, if you are actually telling the truth.

Zendel;7592995I'm going to sleep because that's apparently inexcusable to people in different time zones. Push a lynch on me while I'm asleep or when my internet is down why don't you? lol :) Bye...I can't defend myself in my sleep and it seems as though people will lynch me anyway. haha[/QUOTE said:
Nobody is saying that it's inexcusable.

Nobody is saying that it's inexcusable.

Someone said earlier that me being (along with other players) absent at the EoD 1 (2?) period was not excusable. I was sleeping, it was one person but it struck a nerve because of the ignorance towards me and possibly others.

Inconsiderate of timezones but that's okay...

@Tina

Because I had Dolby pegged as scum, so Cleb would be Town by game balance, and I figured Dolby would try to take out Cleb. I was wrong obviously

Does anyone know if Cleb/Zendel have made any reads lists so far because I'm trying to see if there is a connection between them

I have not. But I have no idea how else they could do it. If mafia KP isn't calculated by the number of mafia then what else is it?

Look, I'm really not into voting for a semi-confirmed role cop when we're on LYLO.

Just because the site you're quoting says that role cops don't indicate alignment, doesn't mean that Toad followed that to the letter.

I do recall Chick being a person under suspicion early game; so the fact that they were investigated is somewhat understandable. That said, given how things have changed during the game, I am surprised Ness or myself wasn't investigated.

yes but where do you think the roles came from. are u really trying to argue that toads didn't use anything for reference???? there's literally only like 3 mafia role database websites. i'm ruling out epicmafia because inquisitor doesn't exist there and also the formats completely different. it makes sense if he used mafiascum/mafiauniverse for reference considering both use the word bulletproof and not veteran. (veteran isn't even mentioned as an alternate name on these sites, veteran is only a tbt word)

inquisitor from mafiascum:

The Inquisitor is a self-aligned role with aspects of both the Serial Killer and the Cult Leader. Its Night Action is simply its factional kill (like a Serial Killer); however, if for some reason the Inquisitor's victim survives the kill, the victim will instead have its alignment changed to match that of the Inquisitor. In this sense, it is a Serial Killer that has a chance to pick up allies.

inquisitor PM:

dX14jXt.jpg

treestump from mafiascum:

A Tree Stump is a player who has lost all of their abilities as a player except that of being able to post. In essence, they are a dead player who can still post in the game thread. Any Night Actions that player may have had before becoming "stumped" are removed. As Tree Stumps cannot vote, they are not counted as living players for any purpose.

Exactly how one becomes a Tree Stump varies from game to game and role to role. Some examples:

A player may, as part of their role, declare themselves to be a Tree Stump inthread.
Instead of a normal kill, a killing role may instead turn players to Tree Stumps instead.

treestump PM:

xlS9O28.jpg

mafia universe role cop:

The Role Cop may each night investigate a player and learn that player's role (but will not learn their alignment).

mafia universe inquisitor:

The Inquisitor is a third party-aligned role that may kill one player every night. If the targeted player is protected and therefore does not die, they will instead become part of the Inquisitor's faction and share the same win condition (elimination of everyone else). The converted player will retain any abilities that they had before being converted. If the Inquisitor dies, the factional kill is eliminated from the game.

MU tree:

The Tree Stump will, upon death, no longer be allowed to cast any votes or use any abilities they might have had, but may still continue to post. They count as a dead player for parity purposes.

all follow their descriptions pretty much word for word. why would toads change the complete definition of clebs role.

cleb knew dolby was third because he claimed it, and also because google. but cleb's result for a VT should've been "vanilla" and not "vanilla town" because role cops AREN'T ALIGNMENT COPS. that's what makes them difference from normal basic cops. they DON'T receive alignments, they receive ROLES.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also oath why haven't you claimed

Back