Red Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Red Balloon
Green Balloon
Blue Balloon
Hi all.

It has recently been brought to our attention that the First Place winner in the Retro Room Renovation TBTF 2017 contest solicited TBT Bell bribes in private messages to multiple users in return for a vote on their entry in the poll. Due to the tightness of the results with only 4 votes separating the entire top three, we have decided to disqualify the first place entry and shift the results up by one place.

We understand that it's relatively common to ask friends to vote for your entry, but offering up a bell gift alongside that request is unquestionably going too far and blatantly unfair to the other finalists in the poll. This behavior is not acceptable on The Bell Tree -- by both the contest finalist and those who participated. We will unfortunately have to be looking for this in the future now.

Spear will be prohibited from participating in our site contests and events until the end of 2018. Their tickets and collectibles from The Bell Tree Fair 2017 have been removed as well.

The updated results for the Retro Room Renovation contest are as follows...

fair2017-contest-interior-banner.png

First Place by Rosetti with 30 votes
1.JPG

Second Place by Chicha with 28 votes
5.jpg

Third Place by KaydeeKrunk with 21 votes
10.jpg

Congratulations to our
updated winners!

That's such a shame that people still try to cheat their way up in competitions :( But congrats to the new winners!

It's sad that you would have to bribe people to get votes in a contest, and I'm glad that the staff is stepping in and doing something about it. It's not fair at all to the other participants who are actually legitimately getting votes from fans.

The new winners' entries look very nice! Congratulations! :)

Last edited:
You should raffle their tickets/collectibles :krackoeyes:

Congrats to Kaydee for making it to the top three.

I did not know that someone would cheat by paying someone to vote for them. I would never even think about doing that.

For three years in a row, I witnessed some cheating incidents on this site. First the golden egg. Then the Woods puzzle. Now this? Can people learn to play fair?

That's a shame, but I'm happy Kaydee's entry made it in third as it was definitely my favorite one!

Can you take the cheater's TBT Bells too? I can have his/her TBT Bells.

Last edited:
For three years in a row, I witnessed some cheating incidents on this site. First the golden egg. Then the Woods puzzle. Now this? Can people learn to play fair?
I've been voluntold to make future fair goers line up, high five each other saying good game and maybe watch as they all shake hands. If I detect malice, I am granted the authority to take out their kneecap with a metal baseball bat.

But congrats Rosie, Chicha and Kaydee!

dang I wish spear would've hmu I still wouldn't vote for a cheater though just keep the tbt

I've been voluntold to make future fair goers line up, high five each other saying good game and maybe watch as they all shake hands. If I detect malice, I am granted the authority to take out their kneecap with a metal baseball bat.

But congrats Rosie, Chicha and Kaydee!

That's gotta hurt. Ya know the rules. No cheatin'. And of course, no discussing incidents like these when it's been one month or later since the incident.

Just another announcement that we've removed the bells that were accepted as a bribe from the accounts of people who agreed to vote in exchange for payment. If any of those affected feel we may have made an error, you can dispute this by posting a thread in our Contact the Staff board.

Thanks.

Wanna know something? I voted for Rosetti the minute the polls opened up. And now she is in first place. So once again, I have the winning touch.

Last edited:

Sounds like a good plan.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just another announcement that we've removed all the bells from the accounts of people who accepted a bribe in exchange for a vote. If any of those affected feel we may have made an error, you can dispute this by posting a thread in our Contact the Staff board.
Holy crap that's hittin real hard.

But maybe it'll teach people that they shouldn't accept bribes. It's just wrong.

But maybe it'll teach people that they shouldn't accept bribes. It's just wrong.

Ah, just the bells that were sent over as a bribe, not all their bells! I phrased that rather poorly.

Sounds like a good plan.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In real life, bribes are highly illegal. People can go to jail for this. Government officials involved in bribes can face impeachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back