• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager Popularity List - Updated

I see the list has changed quite a bit ESP tiers 2-4 which is great I still think there are way too many loved and wanted villagers sitting in t5 and people think oh not worth my time due to the list and void them making them hard to find and people are looking. I like some threads I am seeing where it is one price IGB or tbt for all villagers equally. If my list were here of my top 15 I currently don't have and want it wouldn't look like this and many others agree so I do think we need a better system and more interactive or community based one or just people to know that people are looking for those t5s to pop up so don't not advertise them so hard to find and it includes so so many characters.

Right! In essence, the tier list perpetuates itself and causes supply for high tier villagers to explode, causing a mismatch between the perceived needed supply and the buyer's actual demand. I've gotta say, after opening a flat rate Amiibo shop and selling mostly low tiers, I think this list is pretty much just dataless conjecture based off of one person's anecdotal experience with demand.. which is already not a good measure to determine popularity. I could just make my own tier list tomorrow and, if I got enough people to look at it, it would muddle the truth of who is actually more popular.

I think this list is the emperor's new clothes 100%, but hey, that's just me!

Right! In essence, the tier list perpetuates itself and causes supply for high tier villagers to explode, causing a mismatch between the perceived needed supply and the buyer's actual demand. I've gotta say, after opening a flat rate Amiibo shop and selling mostly low tiers, I think this list is pretty much just dataless conjecture based off of one person's anecdotal experience with demand.. which is already not a good measure to determine popularity. I could just make my own tier list tomorrow and, if I got enough people to look at it, it would muddle the truth of who is actually more popular.

I think this list is the emperor's new clothes 100%, but hey, that's just me!

obviously, the right answer is for tons of people to make a popularity list from their experiences and selling data and then for all of them to be SMASHED together into one truly representative list. also this was a lovely metaphor, ha.

obviously, the right answer is for tons of people to make a popularity list from their experiences and selling data and then for all of them to be SMASHED together into one truly representative list. also this was a lovely metaphor, ha.
Bumping this really outdated thread again.

I definitely think that if this list was to be alive again, that it would be a community effort where people would post their sales, just like the collectible guide. Having one person "decide the rules" kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bumping this really outdated thread again.

I definitely think that if this list was to be alive again, that it would be a community effort where people would post their sales, just like the collectible guide. Having one person "decide the rules" kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I decided my dream villagers by looking at all of them by personality and then picking a few from each because I really want a diverse town (they're in my signature)! But yeah, hopefully people think for themselves and look into all the options before deciding what they want. I really wish the bottom tier at least had pixels, but that would take up so much space so I understand. I just really love some of them, haha.

Are we still using this?

Are we still using this?

Some people choose to, some people don't.
I think most people just charge a flat rate when selling villagers, now, but there are still a lot who do use this list!
It's just easier to use this list regardless if it's accurate or not when pricing villagers based on popularity.

Someone needs to make a new one.

Should a new one be made? It's kinda weird having the Amiibo cards now, but demand for certain villagers has definitely stayed the same.
I'm not saying I'm for or against a new list, but I'm wondering if other people want it ?\_(ツ)_/?

It was used consistently when it was still relevant, after all.

b.u.m.p
Chrystina is probably busy, she has a life you know. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Someone needs to make a new one.
Hmm... wish I could do something.
Infact... is it possible? Maybe we should ask Chrystina first.
I kinda want to manage the list... but I don't know.

Last edited:
b.u.m.p
Chrystina is probably busy, she has a life you know. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm... wish I could do something.
Infact... is it possible? Maybe we should ask Chrystina first.
I kinda want to manage the list... but I don't know.

It looks like Chrystina doesn't have any recent activity, so someone who has the time and is capable of objectively gauging people's level of interest in villagers should just go ahead and ask the staff to let them make a new one.

Hmm...
I don't know...
Also, I'm only 15, unless Age isn't relevant.

Back