• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Mafia: Endgame MAFIA WINS

A Role Cop is an investigative role that receives the role name of its target. In Normal games, this is "Cop", "Doctor", "Roleblocker, and so forth. There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla", although a Godfather will return "Godfather".

In themed games, the Role Cop has been known to return the target's flavor name (e.g. Pikachu), the target's role name (e.g. One-Shot Thundershocker), or both.

Role Cops have been seen aligned with Town and scum, and is actually a somewhat popular Mafia role in games with many power roles."

There is no indication of the target's alignment; if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla"

role cops don't indicate alignment. you're only supposed to get their role.

i also honestly refuse to believe chicks town so i was considering possibility that there's a driver if you're actually real. so that's why i asked. if mafia doesn't have roleblocker with 3 investigative & 3 protective prs, a driver would make sense

but if your result was chick and you inspected chick that means you weren't driven. so if you weren't driven, roleblocked or killed, and there's no godfather or strongarm available (because they would've used it on you), then what the **** roles are left? i guess they could've used a strongarm on n1, if you want to argue that toadsworthy changed the way he uses that mechanic?

or maybe if KP is associated with specific roles and not dependent on the number of mafias present, there could be a strongarm? still, strongarming n1 would be pretty weird in a situation when you get bulletproof lynched d1. you'd only use it on people you really think would be protected bc you don't want to waste it. since dolby didn't hit me (if he did i'd be third, right?) then they either strongarmed dad or fleshy if there's a strongarm present.

the only other maf pr roles that are really possible are:

Roleblocker
Godfather
Traitor - very unlikely as that'd be townsided
Role Cop - hi xcleb
Strongman - possibility
Ninja - ?????

pretty sure there's never been a ninja on tbt before, and it would be pretty OP in this setup combo'd with a strongarm considering it makes watcher useless, bulletproof useless, doc somewhat useless, and JOAT 2/3 useless. i would say it's WAY less likely that there's a ninja than there is a roleblocker, and way more likely clebs scum with chick trying to endgame
Then it's simple. Chick is either actually vanilla Town, or is Goon. Obviously if something comes back as Vanilla Town, then that's indicative of alignment, to an extent.

Same situation with Dolby. He comes back as Inquisitor, and Inquisitor is a role that can only possibly be Third-Party, due to the circumstances of its mechanics.

So yes, raw alignment isn't given, but alignment based on role is heavily implied, making your argument completely meaningless in this situation.

I got back Vanilla Town for Chick, and said Town. It was an honest mistake; I didn't know everybody would just YOLO it and claim, and I didn't know Chick had already claimed beforehand. Don't ****ing chastise me for an argument of yours that doesn't make sense.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good morning everybody. I'll just roleclaim lol.
I'm Teba the Vanilla Townie.
...so wait, you didn't claim beforehand?

Glow, explain. Right. ****ing. Now.

Because if you're trying to peg **** on me by saying that someone claimed when they really didn't, then this is the second ****tiest Town performance I've seen in all my times playing this game.

cleb knew dolby was third because he claimed it, and also because google. but cleb's result for a VT should've been "vanilla" and not "vanilla town" because role cops AREN'T ALIGNMENT COPS. that's what makes them difference from normal basic cops. they DON'T receive alignments, they receive ROLES.
I knew Dolby was Third because he came back as Inquisitor. That role doesn't exist outside of Third-Party. That's why I said at the time that he was only half-truthful about his claim.

do u think that could've just been a lazy typo tho or nah? "vanilla" vs "vanilla town"

he first said "town" and said it was bc he didnt want to reveal chicks role (chick already claimed a long time ago)

then i asked SPECIFICALLY what his role pm said and he said it was "chick is vanilla town"

he first said "town" and said it was bc he didnt want to reveal chicks role (chick already claimed a long time ago)

then i asked SPECIFICALLY what his role pm said and he said it was "chick is vanilla town"

Do you not understand that I don't get their role PM?

I thought I made that perfectly clear when I outed Dolby.

I knew Dolby was Third because he came back as Inquisitor. That role doesn't exist outside of Third-Party. That's why I said at the time that he was only half-truthful about his claim.

yes that's what i said. but your inspection PM does not say "third party inquisitor". just as a VT inspection wouldn't say "vanilla town"

@ Cleb,
I didn't reveal my role name or anything, I just said I was Townie (idek if I said Vanilla Townie)

Although, glow, this does give credence to your theory.

Chick, you have absolutely no reason to not share your flavor name. What is it?

ok so as i said earlier i was expecting revali to be in the game so ye...... but with 3 blues dead 100% confirmed, and another 3 claimed blues, 6 is way too many unless every single maf has an ability. mechanics wise clebs claim doesn't add up but flavor wise it does cuz dad was daruk (a champion), Jacob and karen r claiming revali and mipha (also champions) un-cc'd so urbosa has to be in the game too

smh idk

also oath r u zelda

Okay now I think I see where glow's coming from, because you came at us directly with "town".

Glow, explain. Right. ****ing. Now.

Because if you're trying to peg **** on me by saying that someone claimed when they really didn't, then this is the second ****tiest Town performance I've seen in all my times playing this game.

chick claimed awhile ago but not with their rolename.

Fine, then we'll put this to rest the right way.

If a Detective were to investigate a vanilla Town, would they show up as Vanilla Town?

When I'm right you can **** off and look for someone else to spit false accusations at.

I'm taking a break from this game, you're being completely unreasonable and you don't even realize it.

Additionally, if a Detective were to investigate a blue, would they show up as blue in the investigation result?

I already know the answer to this because I have two PMs, but clearly you need to see from the host that you're wrong.

He comes back as Inquisitor

you just proved my point that you don't receive alignments. yes, inquisitor is a third role. but i'm saying you didn't receive "third party inquisitor"

so you wouldn't receive "vanilla town" bc you wouldn't receive the alignment. it'd just be "vanilla"

Actually it did come back as Third Party Inquisitor.

I didn't add in the Third-Party because Inquisitor LITERALLY CANNOT BE ANY OTHER ALIGNMENT.

Are you illiterate?

Back