• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Puyo Puyo/Puyo Pop

ANYONE with Puyo Puyo Tetris Switch, hmu! I need more people to play and practice with! Right now I am able to pull off 7-8 chains pretty consistently.

Bought 3D Puyo Puyo Tsu on the 3DS eShop just now :D Needed some more gold coins for that salty splatoon theme and I kinda wanted to try a Puyo game at one point =D

Bought 3D Puyo Puyo Tsu on the 3DS eShop just now :D Needed some more gold coins for that salty splatoon theme and I kinda wanted to try a Puyo game at one point =D

Is that Japanese only? I'd buy that!

Is that Japanese only? I'd buy that!
Don't think it hit the EU/NA eShop but yeah I have a Japanese new Nintendo 3ds so it's there for me. You can get it the Sega 3D Classics Collection though (think it's some collection/compilation cartridge with old SEGA games).

Last edited:
Don't think it hit the EU/NA eShop but yeah I have a Japanese new Nintendo 3ds so it's there for me. You can get it the Sega 3D Classics Collection though (think it's some collection/compilation cartridge with old SEGA games).

Oh yeah I think I'll get that. But ideally I'd want to download Puyo Puyo Chronicles. DUMB REGION LOCKS!

Oh yeah I think I'll get that. But ideally I'd want to download Puyo Puyo Chronicles. DUMB REGION LOCKS!

Yeah, seems those old VC standalones/other newer Puyo's might be Japan only, and I agree that region locks suck A LOT. Hope you can get the cartridge soon, or maybe find a cheap Japanese 3ds model to get them!

Yeah, seems those old VC standalones/other newer Puyo's might be Japan only, and I agree that region locks suck A LOT. Hope you can get the cartridge soon, or maybe find a cheap Japanese 3ds model to get them!

Tbh seeing how popular the game is in Japan, there will probably be another original game for the Switch which I can just download because there aren't any region locks on that.

Tbh seeing how popular the game is in Japan, there will probably be another original game for the Switch which I can just download because there aren't any region locks on that.

Yeah, not gonna buy a Switch for that (not interested in any other stuff now either so) so glad they had some old VC titles there.

Tsu is very much playable in Japanese too, as long as you know how to save and resume etc.

Yeah, not gonna buy a Switch for that (not interested in any other stuff now either so) so glad they had some old VC titles there.

Tsu is very much playable in Japanese too, as long as you know how to save and resume etc.

I'd like to play Sun sometime as it introduced the chain animations I think. Emulators I guess...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd like to play Sun sometime as it introduced the chain animations I think. Emulators I guess...

Hah being a HaCkEr has its perks! I have no reigon lock and got Puyo Puyo Tetris! I love the fact I can't tell what's going on and all I'm doing is look at the pictures and hope that's the right one... I figured out how to do Puyo Tetris swap mode! And how to do quick plays modes!

Lol omg Tsu stop being a complete ass on me now.. the second to last dude on the level 1 "tower" is a potato garbage freak x.x

It's a beautiful thing when you're playing Pp-t swap on Switch with your lil sibling in the car then you arent doing tooo well but aren't doing tooo bad either but then... You get a purple and green match and then EVERYTHING chains so you get a 7 - 8 chain and watch as your lil sibling watches in horror as 6 garbage Lines fall.... THEN swap! Do do do.. going along doing Tetris then.. out of nowhere garbage blocks fill the WHOLE BOARD on their side and as you watch in awe of what you did they're looking on in horror..,.

Yes... Just got puyo Puyo Tetris physical collecter edition for my birth day! Now to figure out how to manually set hard drop on permanently...,

It's happening... Puyo's b-day is coming up! October 25th is the day Puyo was released!

( I won't forget This one! ) .... Unlike smash 4 or hhd....

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's happening... Puyo's b-day is coming up! October 25th is the day Puyo was released!

( I won't forget This one! ) .... Unlike smash 4 or hhd....

Yes... Just got puyo Puyo Tetris physical collecter edition for my birth day! Now to figure out how to manually set hard drop on permanently...,

Omg give me your friendcode I wanna play. Also hard drop isn't allowed in ranked play for Puyo Puyo so if you ever want to play on high levels you might want to try playing without it :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg give me your friendcode I wanna play. Also hard drop isn't allowed in ranked play for Puyo Puyo so if you ever want to play on high levels you might want to try playing without it :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah I figured "quick drop" wasn't when I saw the "pros" ( highest ranking ) replays of puyo not using it.

Now in any Puyo mode I'm like " oh "dark prince" is using qucik drop at the speed of tetris? HERE COMES MY FOOT"

And id love to friend another fan! I'm only good at Tetris rn tho....

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah I figured "quick drop" wasn't when I saw the "pros" ( highest ranking ) replays of puyo not using it.

Now in any Puyo mode I'm like " oh "dark prince" is using qucik drop at the speed of tetris? HERE COMES MY FOOT"

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm only okay at Tetris, I think it's fun but Puyo is way more statisfying when you manage to pull off a nice chain. We could practice together!

Bit late to this but ayy new Puyo game

Puyo Puyo eSports and also a leaked game Puyo Puyo Champions but no news on that as of now.

If anyone wants to play Puyo Puyo Tetris or Puyo Puyo eSports for Switch hmu

Bought Puyo Puyo Tetris on Steam on the sale now... duuude I'm loving that dank ****. Love the old throwing garbage on each other stuff aha.

Bought Puyo Puyo Tetris on Steam on the sale now... duuude I'm loving that dank ****. Love the old throwing garbage on each other stuff aha.

Are you a Puyo player or Tetris player?

Back