• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Newbie Mafia: Steven Universe Mafia [END - Town + Shiida Win!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for your input. Initially I've had my suspicions on Esphas as well mainly on his rqs answer to #4 as that could be seen what mafia would do is to blend in. However, after reading and considering his replies, I am inclined to think that he was genuinely trying to learn how to play by imitating what others are doing. With that said, I will be more mindful of what you post going forward.

A question to everyone: since we have less than 12 hours before day ends, what are we going to do with today's lynch. I would really like to hear more from tui, qwerty and Rossetti too seeing as you guys only posted once and that was to answer your rqs.

Also @ mog, what do you say to Tardis being suspicious of you still despite your answer?

@Moonbrink why do you think of everyone so far? And please don't answer like you did before.

Note: I'm on mobile so no quotes sorry. On my way home from work. Also, tomorrow is holiday for me so I'll stay up for end of day 1 tonight. Hoping to hear more from you guys.

- - - Post Merge - - -

* could be seen as what mafia would do and that is to blend in.

@Seroja

My thoughts so far who has posted. I'm only sus of 2 people in this game right now Esphas and mogyay.

Esphas because calling out people who is scum with out giving a good reason like this post.

And also they were thinking about sheeping. To look it as a scum point of view it would be a good idea because scum could hide in the bandwagon and hope no one calls them out

After I asked them that question they didn't want to sheep because I called them out for it.

learning about sheeping isnt what swayed me, it was just boredom! after id shared my suspicion of miharu, that was when i decided to start doing something myself instead of just waiting since nothing was happening

- - - Post Merge - - -

learning + being called out for sheeping*

- - - Post Merge - - -

swayed me to stop following everyone else*

- - - Post Merge - - -

@seroja i can definitely see how my answer could be taken that way in retrospect, sorry!

Thank you everyone for your input. Initially I've had my suspicions on Esphas as well mainly on his rqs answer to #4 as that could be seen what mafia would do is to blend in. However, after reading and considering his replies, I am inclined to think that he was genuinely trying to learn how to play by imitating what others are doing. With that said, I will be more mindful of what you post going forward.

A question to everyone: since we have less than 12 hours before day ends, what are we going to do with today's lynch. I would really like to hear more from tui, qwerty and Rossetti too seeing as you guys only posted once and that was to answer your rqs.

Also @ mog, what do you say to Tardis being suspicious of you still despite your answer?

@Moonbrink why do you think of everyone so far? And please don't answer like you did before.

Note: I'm on mobile so no quotes sorry. On my way home from work. Also, tomorrow is holiday for me so I'll stay up for end of day 1 tonight. Hoping to hear more from you guys.

- - - Post Merge - - -

tfw it's lit when you're at work/asleep

I do have a few suspisons so far esp since some people are being mysterious HMMMM
a lot of people are trying to catch eachother out, so maybe they're trying to cover themselves up and 'point the finger' at someone else despite what their reasons are or maybe it's mind games WHO KNOWWSS

also I hate using mobile version rip

tfw it's lit when you're at work/asleep

I do have a few suspisons so far esp since some people are being mysterious HMMMM
a lot of people are trying to catch eachother out, so maybe they're trying to cover themselves up and 'point the finger' at someone else despite what their reasons are or maybe it's mind games WHO KNOWWSS

also I hate using mobile version rip

Who do you think are being suspicious/mysterious right now?

Looks like not much has happened in the 8 hours I was gone. I'm really surprised that no one, aside from Shiida, has voted yet. I still have highest suspicions of Esphas and Moonbrink because they seem to be trying to sheep. At the moment, I am unsure of which is higher on my radar. I hope this thread picks up soon.

I'm heading to school so I will be back in 7 or so hours, I will try and play from my phone when I can

Looks like not much has happened in the 8 hours I was gone. I'm really surprised that no one, aside from Shiida, has voted yet. I still have highest suspicions of Esphas and Moonbrink because they seem to be trying to sheep.

i already said i was trying to sheep. its since i didnt really want to take an active part and purely wanted to see what the game was like at first, just kind of be a bystander and follow what the others here do. but my declaration of suspecting miharu was me giving up my decision to sheep

@Lucanosa
A question for you! :D How many times have you played as Mafia? O: 10 games is a lot holy XD

once as scum I think?

and yeah I'm not a really good player but I'm not a newbie XD
I joined this game since I promised I'd join one more game on here and I wanted to try one newbie game since I've never played any newbie ones yet

AND YA if by contradiction you mean not bringing up your post, that was just me being clumsy. im pretty good at missing whats right in front of me. i have no reason not to mention you anyhow. you and miharu are experienced and even though xerolin is, i could understand i dont know as an answer to the way i thought the question could be answered ?\_(ツ)_/?

OH no I was referring to what Miharu pointed out in her large post w/ the apparent contradiction in your thoughts xD sorry for any confusion

so does anyone have any thoughts on a lynch target?
Who would you lynch if you could? Or would you be okay with a #NOLYNCH ?

Morning guys!! XD Oh boy I ended up waking up really early again today LOL Anyways, in regards to voting, I'll be voting for Esphas today since he's the most suspicious in my eyes. xD

the question is what youre going to be known for, not what ur personal goal is so i got confused. besides it was my first time seeing that thing. id never seen it before

i just meant sheeping basically and following the actions of others but i didnt go through with it bc i got bored and didnt know what the pacing of the game was meant to be like

AND YA if by contradiction you mean not bringing up your post, that was just me being clumsy. im pretty good at missing whats right in front of me. i have no reason not to mention you anyhow. you and miharu are experienced and even though xerolin is, i could understand i dont know as an answer to the way i thought the question could be answered ?\_(ツ)_/?
Hmm as Cad as said, it's my first time seeing someone misinterpret that question. Though being known for, I can see most of our answers fitting in to what you're thinking o:

Since I could say, "I'll like to be known for improving my plays during this game."
or "I'll like to be known for living throughout the game"
or "I'll like to be known for doing better than I did last game" xD If I put it into sentence like that, it makes sense to me.

Honestly I'm not too experienced at all ahaha I still have so much to learn XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly, it wasn't his answers to that question that made me suspicious of him. That didn't raise my suspicions at all O: It was more of his responses back to my questions that made me suspicious of him. Also could you please clarify the bolded part? o: He wasn't following what others were doing, he said that he wanted to take the step to do something since nothing was going on. Also, what are your thoughts on his contradiction?

As for today's lynch, I'll be voting for Esphas since he's the one I'm most suspicious of. That may change depending on what happens within the few hours for now, but for now my vote will be placed on Esphas :)

Also another question for you! Your answer for question #3~
"3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Since I have no experience- town"
What made you choose town over mafia even though you have no experience? o:

And my last question:
Who else are you currently suspicious of? :3

learning about sheeping isnt what swayed me, it was just boredom! after id shared my suspicion of miharu, that was when i decided to start doing something myself instead of just waiting since nothing was happening

- - - Post Merge - - -

learning + being called out for sheeping*

- - - Post Merge - - -

swayed me to stop following everyone else*
What are your thoughts on me now? :3 Also is there anyone else you are suspicious of? o:

- - - Post Merge - - -

once as scum I think?

and yeah I'm not a really good player but I'm not a newbie XD
I joined this game since I promised I'd join one more game on here and I wanted to try one newbie game since I've never played any newbie ones yet

so does anyone have any thoughts on a lynch target?
Who would you lynch if you could? Or would you be okay with a #NOLYNCH ?
Ohhh how was your experience as being scum? :3 What game were you in that you were scum? O:
And woo!~ Glad to be playing with you!! cx

I'll be voting for Esphas for today unless someone else raises my suspicions more than him. Right now Esphas is the most suspicious in my opinion XD

Hmm as Cad as said, it's my first time seeing someone misinterpret that question. Though being known for, I can see most of our answers fitting in to what you're thinking o:

Since I could say, "I'll like to be known for improving my plays during this game."
or "I'll like to be known for living throughout the game"
or "I'll like to be known for doing better than I did last game" xD If I put it into sentence like that, it makes sense to me.
when you put it like that, the question answers you and various others gave make more sense to me!

He wasn't following what others were doing, he said that he wanted to take the step to do something since nothing was going on.

yep it took too long for things to start happening and i wanted some activity. i was getting bored with the inactivity. i couldnt sheep because nothing was happening which left me with nothing to do except try and do something myself. it was something so i was like meh sheeping is boring so i might as well just do stuff for myself ):

As for today's lynch, I'll be voting for Esphas since he's the one I'm most suspicious of. That may change depending on what happens within the few hours for now, but for now my vote will be placed on Esphas :)

understandable! theres not many leads for other people to be scum so choosing me to be lynched makes sense. ive not much time to change your mind either since theres nothing besides what ive already said to explain myself unfortunately

What are your thoughts on me now? :3 Also is there anyone else you are suspicious of? o:

as for who im suspicious off, theres really no one! as for what i think if you, im not sure. you seem to be working hard but i suppose it could be a facade to divert attention from yourself. although i highly doubt that! besides, everyone else here thinks im scum, so i guess im just naturally suspicious-seeming. i personally dont find myself very suspicious but meh ?\_(ツ)_/?

when you put it like that, the question answers you and various others gave make more sense to me!

yep it took too long for things to start happening and i wanted some activity. i was getting bored with the inactivity. i couldnt sheep because nothing was happening which left me with nothing to do except try and do something myself. it was something so i was like meh sheeping is boring so i might as well just do stuff for myself ):

understandable! theres not many leads for other people to be scum so choosing me to be lynched makes sense. ive not much time to change your mind either since theres nothing besides what ive already said to explain myself unfortunately

as for who im suspicious off, theres really no one! as for what i think if you, im not sure. you seem to be working hard but i suppose it could be a facade to divert attention from yourself. although i highly doubt that! besides, everyone else here thinks im scum, so i guess im just naturally suspicious-seeming. i personally dont find myself very suspicious but meh ?\_(ツ)_/?
We still have a good 2 hours and 37 minutes left <: Hopefully this thread moves somewhat faster cx

That's a good mindset to be keeping when playing mafia! Even if someone looks like they are working hard, it doesn't mean they are town. (I learned that last game LOL There was one player that went under my radar since they seemed to be helping town to me, but after the game progressed, it wasn't what it seemed xD ) Mafia members will always try to seem as town as possible to blend in. xD

And it's not everyone! O: We still actually have a lot of users we haven't heard from yet aside from their answers to the RQS questions ; c ;

We still have a good 2 hours and 37 minutes left <: Hopefully this thread moves somewhat faster cx

That's a good mindset to be keeping when playing mafia! Even if someone looks like they are working hard, it doesn't mean they are town. (I learned that last game LOL There was one player that went under my radar since they seemed to be helping town to me, but after the game progressed, it wasn't what it seemed xD ) Mafia members will always try to seem as town as possible to blend in. xD

And it's not everyone! O: We still actually have a lot of users we haven't heard from yet aside from their answers to the RQS questions ; c ;

thanks for the tip, ill be sure to take that in to consideration next game, or even this one if something happens!

most people are at the very least suspicious of me if they havent yet voted me, but like you said i still have a bit of time left!

thanks for the tip, ill be sure to take that in to consideration next game, or even this one if something happens!

most people are at the very least suspicious of me if they havent yet voted me, but like you said i still have a bit of time left!

Yup yup!! It gets easy to tell who's really town and who's really not if you look back on what they've said or if they have like a good reasoning as to why they took certain actions/etc etc. Once people get lynched or killed during the night, it gets easier to determine who's suspicious and who's not. Though mafia is definitely a mind confusing game LOL I remember during my last game, Cad was mafia and I had my suspicions pinned on her, but after her responses, it definitely seemed genuine so I was the only one that ended up unvoting her LOL It turns out in the end that she WAS mafia and omg I was like "WHAATTTTT" LOL and I just find it hard to believe anything anymore ahahaha!

And yess there's still time left! It's kind of frustrating that almost half of the users aren't really active here ;__; I know they could be busy with life, but I looked through some of their profiles and they've been posting in other threads but this one LOL so I just don't know ; c ;

Yup yup!! It gets easy to tell who's really town and who's really not if you look back on what they've said or if they have like a good reasoning as to why they took certain actions/etc etc. Once people get lynched or killed during the night, it gets easier to determine who's suspicious and who's not. Though mafia is definitely a mind confusing game LOL I remember during my last game, Cad was mafia and I had my suspicions pinned on her, but after her responses, it definitely seemed genuine so I was the only one that ended up unvoting her LOL It turns out in the end that she WAS mafia and omg I was like "WHAATTTTT" LOL and I just find it hard to believe anything anymore ahahaha!

And yess there's still time left! It's kind of frustrating that almost half of the users aren't really active here ;__; I know they could be busy with life, but I looked through some of their profiles and they've been posting in other threads but this one LOL so I just don't know ; c ;

yeah it is very confusing. the only reason im so trusting of the people here is because its a noob game! i can see why youre sceptical of my responses for sure after that lmao

yep i was hoping for more people to actively participate ): i believe enchilada straight up hasnt turned up? idk its potentially game breaking if they end up not participating entirely, but maybe after this day itll pick up!

Honestly, it wasn't his answers to that question that made me suspicious of him. That didn't raise my suspicions at all O: It was more of his responses back to my questions that made me suspicious of him. Also could you please clarify the bolded part? o: He wasn't following what others were doing, he said that he wanted to take the step to do something since nothing was going on. Also, what are your thoughts on his contradiction?

Also another question for you! Your answer for question #3~
"3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Since I have no experience- town"
What made you choose town over mafia even though you have no experience? o:

And my last question:
Who else are you currently suspicious of? :3

Good morning Miharuuu! It's 12am for me right now but I'm not going to sleep until day ends because the final hours tend to be intense luls.

Also yes, I only became suspicious of his answer after he admitted to Tardis/Kirby about wanting to sheep. Combining that with his rqs answer definitely raised my suspicions on him. Because this is a nub game, I am not sure how clueless the players in this game truly are. I am also aware that the mafia may be playing dumb in order to get away with their slips.

As for the bolded part, I meant these:

just what youd be doing as a non-scum! also no idea, not very observant i guess ): i was just looking through the answers to see if i could take any action. nothing was happening so i didnt really know what i should pick up on LMAO. also i just kind of meant ill be generally following the other players directions, but i couldnt really stick to that seeing as nothing was happening lol

Are you going to sheep?

ya i didnt look at peoples answers until i was bored, i just saw yours first and thought HMMM maybe i should do something from this. i started from the newest page and looked back, after all

i didnt know where to follow up since all the conflict from the questions had been resolved rather straightforwardly ): if theres something i didnt pick on blame that for my noobness and terrible observational skills ?\_(ツ)_/?

like xerolin i have no idea! thats why i didnt think much of it lol

i was going 2 if u mean not actually doing anything myself. but i dont really feel like i can now lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

if its some mafia lingo then ive no idea

yeah basically this, but i dont think ill go through with that now

My statement that you bolded was actually my reply to Tardis in post #193 I did agree with the points raised by Tardis because I thought/noticed the same thing (only I wasn't confidence enough to post them ;A;) but after reading and re-reading Esphas' explanations, I just felt like I was over-reading things... hnggg I'm so lost ahaha.

As for his contradictions, I'm not really satisfied with his reasons. It could mean he only skimmed through the earlier posts and when he got to yours, decided to look for something to point out? I don't know. I personally re-read the whole thread a couple of times before even questioning someone something but, again, this is a noob game so some players might not think much about it. But that's not a good enough reason to overlook it.

Do you feel me Miharu?? luls

***​

As for my answer to question #3, I am well aware that being a mafia requires you to act as town and blend in. For someone who have never played a mafia game before, I find it to be a very intimidating task ;A; because even as town, I'm still struggling with writing reads.

And as for who else I's suspicious of, I'm seriously at a loss because of the lack of activity around here. But, I'd like to look more into Xerolin's and Cadberry's past games. Xerolin's answer about preferring to play as mafia is also a bit suspicious? I think Tardis did more or less the same thing in AoT. I might need to look for it though.

I am against no lynch, so I'll vote for Esphas if no better candidate comes up before day ends.

Also @Esphas as the clock gets closer to lynch time and you are still up for lynch, you may want to claim your role to avoid mislynch if you are town

I don't trust anyone here at this point. But you had the most suspicious posts so I chose to vote for you. It could be that the less active players are mafia but I don't know that and you haven't made a case as to why we shouldn't lynch you.

Also @Esphas as the clock gets closer to lynch time and you are still up for lynch, you may want to claim your role to avoid mislynch if you are town

tyvm.

role: townie - connie

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't trust anyone here at this point. But you had the most suspicious posts so I chose to vote for you. It could be that the less active players are mafia but I don't know that and you haven't made a case as to why we shouldn't lynch you.

i didnt know i was meant to make a case on why i shouldnt be lynched ): but i dont even know where to begin so ill just keep it in the mind for the future! thanks

yeah it is very confusing. the only reason im so trusting of the people here is because its a noob game! i can see why youre sceptical of my responses for sure after that lmao

yep i was hoping for more people to actively participate ): i believe enchilada straight up hasnt turned up? idk its potentially game breaking if they end up not participating entirely, but maybe after this day itll pick up!

To me, it's because it's their first game that if they are mafia they could easily make a mistake/slip and try to cover it up. XD Though it could go either way as well. And oh boy LOL There's just more stories of last game that literally made me want to pluck my hair out AHAHAHA IT WAS FUN BUT SO FRUSTRATING LOL I swear to god if you flip town IM SORRY LOL Last game I seriously didn't expect Aya and Alexi to be scum ahaha they just didn't raise any red flags for me, then I thought Cad was scum, but as you know, after her responses that I thought were seriously genuine, she ended up flipping scum LOL So after all that I just started tunneling kirby regardless of his claim because his responses were contradicting and luckily I was finally right and ended up helping lynch the last scum :'D Though my opinion of him was almost swayed cause a really good player thought that kirby was just being normal LOL

Yeah he hasn't DX I think he might get modkilled after voting ends? Not sure ;__; Though if he really doesn't post anything soon, I'm pretty sure he'll get modkilled sometime soon :'D And yes!! Normally it starts to pick up fast during Day 2!~

tyvm.

role: townie - connie

- - - Post Merge - - -

i didnt know i was meant to make a case on why i shouldnt be lynched ): but i dont even know where to begin so ill just keep it in the mind for the future! thanks
I just meant that you answered very suspiciously and haven't given a reason for me to trust you.

Anyone else feel like Moonbrink is suspicious? I'm on mobile so I can't quote but they haven't answered any of our questions and have mostly posted that they want the game to get tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back