Mafia Papers Please Mafia: Game Over, Town Wins!

1 - Ehhh not sure. Some people are sus of ness cause hes doing stuff different but I dont like that way of thinking
2 - Well I dont want to vote for anyone cause im not sure. I would vote for myself as a placeholder but I might die sooooo
3 - No I dont undertsand what people mean by "dangerous to the town". HOW CAN YOU HURT THE TOWN AS A TOWNIE. If i am annoying you just dont respond or bother looking at what I say.
4 - I guess. Not really motivated to play rn, I cant do anything right and the reasons I was trolling was I didnt know how to play but now I dont want to troll either.
5 - no im normal town.
6 - They have like barely posted. I think its kinda unfair to judge them harshly, they havent even posted
7 - Minties cause they're also annoying and they agree with eachother

@Trojan this was all fine and dandy with me until the very end when you say you would probably pair Minties with Tom for a scum team cause they are "annoying" ? ? ? when before you said its to right to scum read someone just cause you find them "annoying".

Hoooly.

Okay I've got 20 or so pages to look through??

Gee whiz guys, just because I said I wasn't gonna be around for the first 24 hours doesn't mean you should do this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Even though it ended up being more like 30 hours. oops.

@Ender no D1 starts on page12 or something and the first couple of pages are BS so you only have like 10-15 pages to read. Good Luck and God Speed.

Pretty sure that is incorrect. His name is third on the playerlist.
Now that the game has started, I am going to make a sort-of claim right away: DO NOT VISIT ME AT NIGHT. Failing to follow this rule will have very unpleasant consequences for you. I need to put this out there right away as I could royally screw town over if a doctor or similar visits me to protect me. On the plus side, any scum that visits me will regret it just as badly, and naturally I will work very hard to prove my town-alignment.

I would like to link the Character list from the Papers Please as it could be beneficial for those unfamiliar with the game to have access too. Scum might have gotten safe-claims anyways so we'd benefit from knowing which characters that could potentially be included in the mixture.

URL is here: CLICK ME!

That said, Glory to Arstotzka! Oh, and Tom is obviously scum. Again.

The link is nice, the claim is worth revisiting at a later date. Definitely don't forget it either way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Ender no D1 starts on page12 or something and the first couple of pages are BS so you only have like 10-15 pages to read. Good Luck and God Speed.

It was page 11, and I just started.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That can't be right Sataric, Dolby has standard and Trojan couldn't possibly meet them. However aside from the lie at the end of your post, that is some grade-a posting.

Honestly I know some people don't like it but unless we have a major slip today I would really like to lynch Trojan, Runeraider or Kit. Trojan mostly because he never helps town and is a general thorn in our side even throughout endgame. Runeraider I honestly don't remember enough of their playstyle and their most recent game while it made sense for them to hide in the background, if we see that kind of activity again it could be an annoying final few days for town. Kit is annoying like Trojan, however out of the group I've suggested they tend to be the more useful of the group.

I'm against a policy lynch. You get no reads from it pretty much. Terrible idea.

Rune is actually a decent town member when you get them to contribute, and an easy read, there's no need to lynch them. Kit is okay when they're not investigating obvious town. Trojan is very eh but I still wouldn't policy lynch them because you can read them decently easy. I'm pretty sure I've shown this before when I pinned them within 12 hours of daystart.

Stop being lazy Tom.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ness is right about Ayaya and Tom being highly unlikely scumbuddies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is why Wisdom of the Crowd is important. What information would be possibly obtain by policy lynching someone?

This post is good.

And by good I mean "Someone finally pointed out the issue with Policy Lynches."

- - - Post Merge - - -

From how much variety we are getting from Tom right now I'm pretty sure he is reaction testing, although he obviously sucks at it.

I hadn't thought about reaction testing. But that actually explains Tom's post pretty well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Although I do appreciate Ness posting less and all, we should make sure he doesn't slip under the radar.

Good post is good.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Interesting that you say this, when i've been communicating on my own with things. Besides, I already made that big pet theory with Tom and Ayaya with the Day 1 evidence that we have.

I also don't know how much I want a policy lynch day 1, as it will just waste what we can make of this day time that we have to actually figure out something. All we get from Trojan's lynch is the people who suggested it and didn't suggest it.

I need to hear this pet theory. Too easy to coast on "But I've got this thing" while being inspecific.

Is the any harm in sharing your pet theory, Ness?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also ftr, I'm also adopting the bold-name thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sarasa is feeling town to me from early D1 so far. It's a weak read but especially the post about people Tom didn't include are ones I like.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Zoolka - Brand new player, never played Mafia before. Strikes me as Pro-Town because of the way they are wording their posts, saying they wish to have allies and people they can trust. If I was new in a game, and didn't understand completely what was going on, I'd want someone in my corner as well I reckon. If they'd be Mafia, I assume they would turn to their scum team for support instead.

Jacob - I do not recall playing with this person before, but the fact that they went and openly said that nobody had PMed them yet could mean that they are either fishing for people to make alliances/QTs together with so that they can report the information gathered back to their scum team, but it seems far more likely to me that they are just lost and alone.

So up to this point I'm agreeing and I like this post, but lemme ask a few questions Sataric.

1. What about the possibility of a scum team that prompts Zoolka to say things in thread instead of QT? I know I did the very same thing with StarryWolf in their first game and Trojan was the only one that didn't townread them.

2. Your phrasing for Jacob's entry is really weird. You have an "Either", but you place the least likely option first, as if to draw attention to it.

For the record, this is me stating I have a slight Sataric/Jacob scumlean.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbh Trundle/Tom/Sarasa are all leaning town right about now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

For the record I'd not be against a Trojan lynch. I am against the idea of Policy Lynches though. My reasons for possibly lynching him right now isn't policy.

Specifically:
Trojan immediately ****posted after Tom mentioned he was hardly **** posting.

My fear is that there won't be posts to dissect if we leave it to policy because then everyone will basically look like a sheep. I see your point about dissecting the kill, but unless we get some posts D1 it seems like itd be a buncha meta speculation.

Would be nice for more people to come out and talk tho

- - - Post Merge - - -

As a related note, where the heck is EnderWiggin, Kit, and m3ow_? They haven't posted once.

Why do people not pay attention to my pregame posts????

I literally said "I'm not gonna be around for the first 24 hours".

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol rip us Tom

As much as I advocate against policy lynching, I see NL as worse because you get no info then and getting info to springboard you is critical in early game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As for how busy.... Hm. Im in EST, but it all depends on my homework load I guess. Tonights pretty heavy on HW but Im procrastinating hardcore so hopefully I don't keep putting it off in the future.

This post is good.

As for levels of busy, unstated at this point. Tomorrow I'm going to find out whether or not I got a job which will have me working for the rest of the week.

- - - Post Merge - - -

School is a little heavy this week, but I should still be on my laptop at least an hour or two a day.

I want to hear more from Jacob.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also found it really interesting how SarasaKat backpacked on Sataric's posts, then Jacob and Ness. The main thing I noticed is that they all went after Tom, even though I suggested the exact same thing. I also want to point out that Ness said that the Trojan lynch was a **** lynch, but then voted for Trojan less than an hour after that post. The scummiest player to me right now appears to be Ness.

Okay I don't think I agree with some of this rant (Sarasa is very town to me right now due to content, and she often plays a backwards style of play. Though backpeddling might be a sign of more sinister motives.)

The second half is something I agree with.

Ness is very iffy to me. I believe I've already quoted one of his quotes with a question because I found it iffy.

@Ender what do you think about PM-ing and IRC circles this early in the game and what advice would you have for the newer players about communicating outside the thread ?

-also good luck with getting the job.

To also add, I'm do also get scummy vibes from Jacob who stated they "had no reads other than Tom". I'm assuming his reads on Tom are due to the suggestion of a policy lynch, then how is it possible that he has no other thoughts on any players, including me who also suggested a policy lynch?

Your reads are disturbingly close to mine, Minties.

You don't happen to have a Sataric scumlean in that general dislike of their attitude do you?;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Ender what do you think about PM-ing and IRC circles this early in the game and what advice would you have for the newer players about communicating outside the thread ?

-also good luck with getting the job.

PMing is good and bad. Tbh it's a double edged sword either way and you have to be careful with it. I know I've won games off the back of it as both sides, but it also can lose you games. Because, see, here's how it goes.

You're getting private reads FROM the person. But you're also GIVING private reads to the person.

Tbh I'd advise newer players against doing anything but responding on Day 1. And when you respond, try to work out WHY you're being approached or asked whatever the content is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and thank you! ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi yes i'm here i'm on invisible writing a reply.

There was a game where Ness did this response a lot but I can't remember his alignment in that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I don't like that response in general. I don't want to hear about you writing it. I want you to WRITE it.

@ EnderWiggin - To answer your first question regarding Zoolka; That could be true. I simply did not consider that. Though I talked to her a bit outside of the thread as well so I have more to go on than most, and she didn't strike me as someone who had a team to back her up considering the questions she forwarded to me. That said, she's clever - It could be intentional to throw me off.

Regarding the Jacob situation, my phrasing is indeed really weird now that you mention it. But I can explain that: it's because I wrote the first part of that paragraph first, and then when I read through my post before submitting it I realized I might have read into it too much. So essentially I wrote: "Jacob - I do not recall playing with this person before, but the fact that they went and openly said that nobody had PMed them yet could mean that they are either fishing for people to make alliances/QTs together with so that they can report the information gathered back to their scum team." And ended it right there. Then, on second glance, I simply added ".. but it seems far more likely to me that they are just lost and alone." Hope that clears up the odd phrasing.

I like your contributions so far so please keep at it. If you have further questions for me, please bring them forward. I have nothing to hide.

Your reads are disturbingly close to mine, Minties.

You don't happen to have a Sataric scumlean in that general dislike of their attitude do you?;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

PMing is good and bad. Tbh it's a double edged sword either way and you have to be careful with it. I know I've won games off the back of it as both sides, but it also can lose you games. Because, see, here's how it goes.

You're getting private reads FROM the person. But you're also GIVING private reads to the person.

Tbh I'd advise newer players against doing anything but responding on Day 1. And when you respond, try to work out WHY you're being approached or asked whatever the content is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and thank you! ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

There was a game where Ness did this response a lot but I can't remember his alignment in that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I don't like that response in general. I don't want to hear about you writing it. I want you to WRITE it.

@Ender and what about yourself? will you be sending out any PMs ? or reaching out to anyone in the game outside th thread ?

also i think you might be referring to Ness in Game of Thrones where he was constantly saying he had a 'thoughts' or 'reads' post coming and half the time it never came and he would still be posting in the thread. it is annoying and pointless. if you're gonna do something do it don't talk about it, and if im not mistaken he had Blue Role that game.

Okay soooo I don't want Trojan anymore. That last response post is very... I don't like their reads but I also don't feel they're scum.

Okay there was a Ness thing I wanted to react to lemme find it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Ender and what about yourself? will you be sending out any PMs ? or reaching out to anyone in the game outside th thread ?

also i think you might be referring to Ness in Game of Thrones where he was constantly saying he had a 'thoughts' or 'reads' post coming and half the time it never came and he would still be posting in the thread. it is annoying and pointless. if you're gonna do something do it don't talk about it, and if im not mistaken he had Blue Role that game.

I probably won't be doing much PM until Day 2 at the earliest.

And thank you, I'm pretty sure that is the one I was thinking of. Also I was scum that game so that's actually very amusing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@ EnderWiggin - To answer your first question regarding Zoolka; That could be true. I simply did not consider that. Though I talked to her a bit outside of the thread as well so I have more to go on than most, and she didn't strike me as someone who had a team to back her up considering the questions she forwarded to me. That said, she's clever - It could be intentional to throw me off.

Regarding the Jacob situation, my phrasing is indeed really weird now that you mention it. But I can explain that: it's because I wrote the first part of that paragraph first, and then when I read through my post before submitting it I realized I might have read into it too much. So essentially I wrote: "Jacob - I do not recall playing with this person before, but the fact that they went and openly said that nobody had PMed them yet could mean that they are either fishing for people to make alliances/QTs together with so that they can report the information gathered back to their scum team." And ended it right there. Then, on second glance, I simply added ".. but it seems far more likely to me that they are just lost and alone." Hope that clears up the odd phrasing.

I like your contributions so far so please keep at it. If you have further questions for me, please bring them forward. I have nothing to hide.

I was all getting set up to pin you as scum and then you make a good response.

God damnit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, alright.

@Ness
So why didn't you mention the reasons for voting Trojan? Forgive me but your "reaction" to Minties feels more like "I've been questioned and I have to find a reason for it". If you legitimately had those reactions, why didn't you mention it in thread? Especially since reasoning on lynching someone is always appreciated???

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ooooh. Another good one

@Panda
Why are you so interested in my stance on PMs and/or my potential usage of them?

@Ender the only other PM game i have played was my very first ever mafia game when it came down to the last day between you, Lebella and myself so i was curious as to how you were gonna handle the PMing in this game.

@Ender the only other PM game i have played was my very first ever mafia game when it came down to the last day between you, Lebella and myself so i was curious as to how you were gonna handle the PMing in this game.

Oh lordy I remember that game. Good gut feeling tho.

That's a fair question then.

^ That game was fun. That game taught me to not give newbies reasons, or the smart ones just ride off of them >.>

@Sataric You think? I've agreed with like, 4 (Tom, Ness, Minties, and you) people iirc? And 3 (everyone excluding you, unless you count this post I guess) of those people have been people who I've also criticized/questioned. That being said you flatter me :p

@Ender Do you agree that I backpedaled at the point Minties was talking about? Also what're your thoughts about Minties in general? And what do you mean by a backwards playing style? Thats a new one :p

Goood damn it guys your making me rethink my town read on Ness. Ill think about it more when Im more awake/dont have assignments thatare due in like 2 hours, but from what I reread... Idk I dont think he backpedaled considering in that hour Trojan acted really different and vague and I think he kinda meant this by saying twitchy? Eugh Im always paranoid about people using my own reasoning as their defense when I state my thoughts before they post it >.>

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and Trojan, any reason you're changing things up this time around with your playstyle?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey zoolka! Any thoughts about the proceedings of the thread so far?

@Sataric You think? I've agreed with like, 4 (Tom, Ness, Minties, and you) people iirc? And 3 (everyone excluding you, unless you count this post I guess) of those people have been people who I've also criticized/questioned. That being said you flatter me :p

Perhaps that is where the problem lies: Tom and Minties strikes me as at least somewhat scummy (they always do, though..) and I am not sure where to place Ness yet. I have a feeling he's town but I am far from sure. You're agreeing with people that have been put under speculation a fair bit. I could totally see you doing that intentionally, ya know? If my suspicions in them are misplaced, and eventually one dies and flips town, you seem more town-oriented yourself by being on their side somewhat since the beginning. Or if you flip red, then they look bad to an extent. I have little to go on as it's Day 1 but I hope you can convince me through helpful contributions and well-placed votes that you are indeed Town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@ Call me Daniel - Since you are often scum, and you have therefore learned to think just like scum, may I ask for your top suspicions and whom you intend to vote for today?

Hm, to make my stance clearer then:

I townread Tom
I scumread Minties
I town-null read Ness (gonna think about him later as aforementioned
I townread you
I townread Ender (kinda a bonus but I agree with a lot of his sentiments)

I see your point though. If I were scum, that'd be a pretty damn smart move to frame townies as my partners and such. Hopefully I can convince you of my allignment. While Im at it though, were their any posts that I agree with that you don't so much?

Hm, to make my stance clearer then:

I townread Tom
I scumread Minties
I town-null read Ness (gonna think about him later as aforementioned
I townread you
I townread Ender (kinda a bonus but I agree with a lot of his sentiments)

I see your point though. If I were scum, that'd be a pretty damn smart move to frame townies as my partners and such. Hopefully I can convince you of my allignment. While Im at it though, were their any posts that I agree with that you don't so much?

So you essentially townread everyone in the game except me because you "don't like me" as you've said in the QT.

10/10 solid logic.

Actually, I was more ehhhh on you at that point. I feel like many of your points related to the game in your bigger post was out of context, and was trying to frame things differently than what they were. I also gave a reason in the QT besides "omg i dont like Minties". Though now that I think about it, that was you framing something as something else there too.

We either have a completely different view of the game or you're distorting facts in your favor.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and I scum read on other person, but I wanna hold off on their name for now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

One*

@ SarasaKat - Thank you for clarifying your stances. I am a little bit puzzled by the Tom townread (What did he do that was particularly Pro-Town so far?) but to each their own. In general, whenever I am town, I will always be against easy Policy Lynches and bandwagon deals that limits information. I will also always be against No Lynching since it rarely ever works out to towns benefit. Therefore we have agreed on some of the same things, without a doubt. On that note: What do you think of Panda?

So you essentially townread everyone in the game except me because you "don't like me" as you've said in the QT.

10/10 solid logic.

Well, I don't want to get all meta-analytical on you but you are doing your usual scum playstyle routine this game. The only issue is that your town playstyle routine is identical. :(

Actually, I was more ehhhh on you at that point. I feel like many of your points related to the game in your bigger post was out of context, and was trying to frame things differently than what they were. I also gave a reason in the QT besides "omg i dont like Minties". Though now that I think about it, that was you framing something as something else there too.

We either have a completely different view of the game or you're distorting facts in your favor.

Except for once again you're using the old Lucanosa logic. I even elaborated in 4-5 posts what I was saying and you seemed to have no qualms then because I explained it to you. Even Enderwiggin agreed with me on the Jacob read in my supposedly out of context post. I'll explain it again: Ness came off as scummy when he was calling the Trojan lynch a **** lynch, but then voted for him without waiting for Trojan to reply when we had 24+ hours till deadline with a **** reason for him being . Ness is the only one that I stated a true suspicion on besides Jacob who I ALSO CITED WITH A QUOTE why I found him scummy. I had you named in a list of people that jumped on the same train as Sataric defending Trojan because I'm not going to rule that out. Again, how the **** is that out of context? That's exactly what happened in the ****ing thread or would you like me to quote it for you?

It's not out of context just because you don't understand something. I'm not going to write in "sarasakat context" because I don't feel like bashing my brains against the keyboard.

Ahh and I was gonna keep quiet about my other scum read, but you gotta go and ask me about Panda :p

I don't feel like Panda is trying to really even do much. Ness makes a point in that she's piggybacking pretty hard off of Minties, my other scum read. She also hasn't really contributed much of her own or really made any comments about the game besides her one post where she piggybacked off of Minties soo. Yeah she's a scum read rn

- - - Post Merge - - -

Im using Lucanosa logic now.. ._. Real creative insult there lol.

Back