• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XVII - Kissing to be Clever [Game Over/Town Win]

Alright, I'll add you back in! :)

Waiting for a response from chees4mees (if you haven't already, please check your inbox and tell me what you want to do!) and then I'm closing sign-ups.

Yup I'll play instead of being a replacement. c:

Sign-ups are officially closed now with 18 players. This game will start at:

• NA: Saturday 4th July - 4PM PDT / 6PM CDT / 7PM EDT.
  • UK: Sunday 5th July - 12AM BST
  • AUS: Sunday 5th July - 9AM AEST
Again, let me know your time zones / where you're from if you want a more thorough list in future posts. :)

It's happening soon get ready.

4f388ca905cdf877f9bf0f61231b73b1.png

Roles are going out now. I'd advise against commenting on what you received so that you don't leave any hints!

It's easily going to take me an hour or two to do this, so don't panic if you don't get yours straightaway!

All role PMs have now been sent out. If you didn't get yours, PM me ASAP!

The game will start in an hour.

OsqziPx.png

The club is thumping, the sweet electronic bass synching up with the beating of your heart. Neon lights highlight angels in the crowd and you’re like a kid in a candy store. Which one should you introduce yourself to first?

The lady on your arm clears her throat. “Shall we get a drink?”

“Sure,” you say.

You take a seat at the bar and your new friend orders for you. You don’t know what she bought you, you’re barely paying attention. The room is packed and you’re scoping the crowd, looking for familiar faces and finding so many that you swear you could recognise, if only you could place any names.

You feel something cool against your knuckles. A glass. “Yeah, thanks…”

“Carmen.”

“Right, Carmen.”

Her voice grates on your ears and you begin to tune out. You take a sip of your drink, the familiar sweet hint of rum is almost hidden under a criminal amount of watered down coke. You probably could’ve ordered something stronger at McDonald’s.

Carmen nudges your arm. “Look over there. Isn’t that Drew from, oh, what’s it called? You know that late night show where they interview washed-up celebrities? Surely you know the one.”

You follow her gaze to see a man seated at the other end of the bar, red in the face as he struggles to be heard by the bartender. After several attempts to make his order he turns and catches you both staring. Carmen averts her eyes, but you don’t. Drew aims two fingers at you, holds the pose, and mouths ‘bang’.

You take another sip of your drink. Look down. Look up. He’s gone. So is the bartender.

“Did you see where they went? you ask.

“Probably went for a quickie in the cloakroom.” Carmen shrugs and gets to her feet. “Don’t worry about them. Let’s go dance.”

You groan at the prospect, but she won’t take no for an answer. Downing what’s left of your drink in a single shot, you let the woman drag you into a sea of vaguely familiar faces. Try to remember them; after tonight no one else will.

Current Score
Town
Mafia
0​
0​

You have 47 hours to decide on a lynch candidate and submit any day actions (if you have one it is stated in your PM). Place your votes in this thread.

Voting for Day 1 ends:

• NA: Monday 6th July - 3PM PDT / 5PM CDT / 6PM EDT.
  • UK: Monday 6th July - 11PM BST
  • AUS: Tuesday 7th July - 8AM AEST
If you know you cannot be available at this time then make sure to vote the night before! Not voting is not an option. Yes, you may vote no lynch. The result will come one hour after voting closes.

Important New Information About this Game:
  • Kills are not factional. This means all kills can potentially be prevented.
  • You will only receive role block notifications if you act: no action = no notification.
  • If you have more than one action and you are role blocked then all of your actions are blocked.
  • If two people block one another both of their actions will be nullified.
  • No action can be used on the same player twice in a row unless the action failed.
  • You cannot communicate with other players outwith this thread unless I have given you a QuickTopic.
  • Not new, but a reminder not to edit your posts in this thread or you will face a modkilli.

About Mini Games:
  • The mini game final score determines the fate of our protagonist. There will be a running tally throughout the game of how many points each team has. Individual mini game winners will also be announced at the end.
  • Like with ordinary actions, submit your mini game related actions to me via PM.
  • Do not announce which mini game you’re participating in otherwise you will be modkilled.

Changes:
  • I have increased day to 48 hours to compensate for the amount going on. I didn’t expect this many players and it looks like quite a few haven't played much / at all before, so I want to give people a chance to get their heads around it (and to see that the game has started). By Day 3 or 4 it can be reduced back to 24 hours - I’ll put up a poll at a relevant time.
  • Technically, you only have 47 hours. The last hour is reserved for me to tally scores and prepare the night post.

Last edited:
Woo! Double day voting lengths! From the looks of it, Tina put a loooot of stuff into this game. I would assume that there are some unique roles and a lot of things to throw town off simply because of the fact we aren't used to it.

Anyway, checking in. Don't role claim.

Hmm, no third party in the mini-game.

That's a major plus, though maybe third-parties aren't involved in the minigames as that would become really complicated with so many people involved in minigames?

Just want to let everyone know I am busy with schoolwork and actual work rn so my posting will be kept at a minimum throughout most of the game, but I will always be sure to drop in every now and then to read up and post something.

It leads me to believe there might be no SK or anti-town third party if they don't get points for the mini-game, but only time (or kills) will tell.

By the way Tina, will Justice be able to replace if somebody is truly inactive after the two day day?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh nevermind they switched to obs. Inb4 inactive lynch.

Back