• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Mafia Bravely Default Mafia

I got a level of uncertainty about this one. Could you express your reads on Blu because I find it hard to read beyond the bad irl issues and resulting lack of reading. This could be a strat but my first idea is to look at past games but apparently that's bad play.
It's really a single post read but it's quite strong for that.
Here's the post in question:
sry but i dont think anyone in the history of tbt mafia has made it this way because preventing the whole mafia from killing based off of one member being blocked--even if it's the person sending in the kills--because that is seriously unfair for the mafia
it's entirely believable for a mafioso to be blocked from using their power role, though

- - - Post Merge - - -

*adding on to the first paragraph

it's not like it's just the person sending in the kills who does the killing, either, it's a factional kill for a reason
Bad defense of pillow which has a frantic addendum added on. It'd be a meh post but just a meh post if it was just the first half. However, the second half being added on means that they really want their point understood, meaning that they either townread pillow or.. I can't even think of a second option. I guess they'd just be really self conscious, which is oft a maftell anyway?
Even if by what blu rose said you didn't scumread pillow, you would not townread pillow. Pillow hasn't done anything but tunnel someone and critique town for lynching capella.
I mean technically they could have a sweet reason for townread pillow, it's just unlikely. (And I'd want to hear it.) What I'm getting at is that this post reeks of clandestine motivation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Dad, in one of your recent posts you said you townread everyone other than pillow/Sonrio/Tom/Blu/problem/Audino. Did you townread Ashtot for another reason than my scry on him? Or because of my scry on him? If not I'd love to hear your reasoning, since even though I'm not contemplating the lynch and it's unlikely, I'm hellishly paranoid I glanced off godfather.

don't you guys think we're going to fast about this lynch

wld a roleblocker really be able to block a whole mafia kill

- - - Post Merge - - -

too *

- - - Post Merge - - -

whatever. im probably overthinking it

don't you guys think we're going to fast about this lynch

wld a roleblocker really be able to block a whole mafia kill

- - - Post Merge - - -

too *

- - - Post Merge - - -

whatever. im probably overthinking it
even without the role block thing they're obvious mafia, this just supports an already strong case.
Besides, I don't believe in coincidence.

I typed up a longer/better post but then I accidentally deleted it so I apologize if this doesn't make sense.

Dad is definitely mafia. His suspicions of me are dumb because:

- I said that I was suspicious of audino multiple times because I was suspicious of audino. I don't get why that's so hard to believe. I didn't say anything about anyone else because I wasn't sure who else was mafia.

- About the stuff Endless said: are you sure the activity was actually bugged or are we just in different time zones? and just because other people might have also been offline it doesn't mean audino wasn't offline, so that was still a valid point. and stuff already being pointed out doesn't make it less true either.

- Reminder that dad is claiming to be a vigilante because he mentioned two people and they died 20 minutes later so it could have only been him who killed them, and if that's true he most likely actually killed them as mafia. Also, all four (five including me) of the people he voted for/shot have turned out to be town.

- audino is also mafia, and although Dad has mentioned them in his posts, he always does so in a manner that he's not telling people to vote for them. They're always at the bottom of a suspicion list or only vaguely mentioned, because Dad doesn't want to seem suspicious himself but also doesn't want audino to get lynched either.

I'm going to die today and turn out to be town, so after that make sure you vote for Dad.

- About the stuff Endless said: are you sure the activity was actually bugged or are we just in different time zones? and just because other people might have also been offline it doesn't mean audino wasn't offline, so that was still a valid point. and stuff already being pointed out doesn't make it less true either.

but I wasn't offline. I literally posted night after lynch. Check pg38. also afaik people not incriminating people doesn't make them mafia, and vice versa. (RE: Dad's reads on me)

I don't have too many thoughts actually bc both people on the vote block are being incriminated because they've been pushing me, so i dont want to seem too subjective. I will say tho pillow bunny's pushes on me have been kind of tunnel minded. Plus their newest post is really weird. I was also very veery of Dad's vig claim when it happened, but since then it seems really unlikely that they would post like that just to claim vig, if they were mafia. Like it makes no sense they'd do that. But what really seals it for me is the roleblock, would explain a lot about the no kill. So yeah I'm voting pillow bunny

i just woke up, sorry for absence etc

endless i have lost my faith in you </3

i do not get your logic there, i wasn't defending pillow at all. i'm just saying that i do not think that any host in the history of tbt mafia has played it that way

audino it makes perfect sense for someone to claim two-shot vig as mafia...

HAS ANYONE DOUBTED DAD'S CLAIM OF VIG?
y'know what i'mma move to computer right now

Oh yeah also, I really don't think sonrio is mafia, their posts about their thoughts seemed pretty genuine and there's no way they'd point out a lylo if they were maf. (or?? would they? but that's a wifom so I'm just going to stop it there)

If anything i think pillow bunny is maf team with problem/blu rose. Just from their defensiveness about the role block, and general inactiveness regarding all three. I'm almost certain pillow bunny is maf though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

audino it makes perfect sense for someone to claim two-shot vig as mafia...

ugh ok if you could explain that'd be great because I'm not seeing it. it is 4 am right now. would it be to claim no kill when there wasn't one?

Well, I mean, I guess that, in a certain circumstance, it's crazy.

If you are Mafia and you want to get the Town to trust you, how do you go about doing it?
You convince the Town that you're on their side. Most games thus far, people who've claimed Vigilante have been trusted by the Town, and that Vigilante pretty much led the Town to victory with the help of another Town member...
Yeah. I would probably believe Dad's claim had it not accompanied a no-kill necessity in order to make it work.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In the Opening Post, it says power roles get the choice to default or brave. They get "ONE action point every time the DEFAULT." They will also "be told how many actions they can use at once."
Can someone conclude my thought process here?
btw still waiting for someone to answer this
i switched back to ipad fufufu

but seriously, i'm still not going to vote today so don't waste your vote on me today if you think i'm mafia
i'll die soon enough

Such an early vig claim though. On day 2. You'd think he would have reserved the vig claim for later in game. Honestly I feel like if it were a more inexperienced player it's possible, but Dad has been playing a while so I'm guessing that he would know how to keep himself down on the low. (hate to keep touching on the experienced/inexperienced card but.) The way it was played tbh, has done nothing but cast suspicion on Dad himself.

The reason i take issue against votes against Dad is bc they directly contrast votes against pillow bunny. So either pillow is maf, or Dad is, and given the roleblock I'm more inclined to think pillow is. ye

1. 20 minutes before night ends, Dad makes a post mentioning waffles and onyx. Obviously he is the only person who could have killed them, because 20 minutes is not enough time for someone in the mafia to see this, PM justice, and for justice to write up a post and post it.

2. The next day, Dad points this out and says he announced the kills in case the mafia killed him. Actually he did this to convince everyone that he's a vig, and it works.

- Considering this is an experimental brave/default game, it's really unlikely that Dad would start with two shots, and also be unable to brave or default. Most of the blue roles probably have access to the commands, because it would be kind of a waste for them not to.

- Dad also conveniently has no shots left and no way to get more. He's now a regular town so if anything else happens he can't be blamed.

3. For some strange reason, everyone trusts Dad. People make a bunch of weird conspiracy theories, such as the mafia forgetting to kill, not knowing they could kill, thinking they could brave for extra kills, etc. Capella is lynched because because some people decide that the mafia must have not cared enough to kill (side note: only three people voted for Capella and two, Dad and audino, are definitely mafia).

- More recently, we've had the roleblock theory -- but that's stupid and it's much more likely that Dad (and the rest of the mafia) were killing people all along rather than all this random stuff.

Why didn't you post any of this before?? If you've been thinking such things you should have pointed them out. At this point it just seems like you want the vote off yourself tbh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Clarifying - they ARE good points. I just don't see why they've been pointed out at the very last hour. I'm reluctant to change votes on a last minute defense.

I didn't want to post anything until I was fairly certain that I was right.

also I see you're trying to shift the blame onto me without outright denying anything lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh I didn't see that merged post part before but there's four hours left

Ok but it would have helped town a lot if you'd done this earlier?

And ??? I'm saying they're valid points. I suspected Dad for the same reasons on Day 2.

If there are any other vigilantes in the game at the moment claim now. There would definitely not be more than one in a game of this size.

audino youre saying this yet youre the one whos not even helping out town. instead of COMPLAINING, ACT

Back