• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Where do you want to live?

I was visiting central Europe for two weeks over the sunmer and it was the best time of my life. Everything was so beautiful and I never wanted to come home to the US.
I know I don't have enough money to move across the world so I think if I could move somewhere else in this country, I would just stay where I am. Visiting other states is fun, but I always find myself wanting to go home.
Once a Texas girl, always a Texas girl :)

Hmm. Central Europe. That sounds quite enjoyable and comforting, the way you mention it so positively.

I'd love to live in Colorado. Colorado or maybe North Carolina.

I'd at least like to live where all the action is. So maybe LA or NYC since I live in NY already..

Probably the UK, the East Coast of Australia or Canada. The UK because I like the scenery there, Australia because It'd probably be easy to get used to and Canada because of being one of the best countries in the world. x3

1. I like to live somewhere in England because I'm a huge soccer (football) fan and I would love to go to a Everton, Chelsea, Manchester United, or Arsenal game.
or 2. Japan for the Pokemon Centers
or 3. New York because it's New York

Japan. Oh wait. I live here. :p Seriously though, I will probably only be here for another 2 years. It's really going to break my heart to leave. I've never found anywhere else that felt so much like home for me. But a combination of the expense of living in the Tokyo area, my personal life goals, and the rough immigration laws for Japan means I'll never be here permanently.

After this... I don't know. I'll probably move back to the US. I'm leaning towards a state that has no income tax, like Washington state or Texas.

Japan. Oh wait. I live here. :p Seriously though, I will probably only be here for another 2 years. It's really going to break my heart to leave. I've never found anywhere else that felt so much like home for me. But a combination of the expense of living in the Tokyo area, my personal life goals, and the rough immigration laws for Japan means I'll never be here permanently.

After this... I don't know. I'll probably move back to the US. I'm leaning towards a state that has no income tax, like Washington state or Texas.

I suggest Texas (where I am). It has a very diverse climate. Mountains in the west, plains in the central, swamps in the east, and beaches in the south. It's also the only state that used to be its own country (1836-1846), so it's the only state to this day that has the right to secede should enough bad happen in the US. You're right that it has no income tax. The only thing you have to be worried about are Tornadoes since it's in Tornado Valley (Texas to straight above states), but I've never actually been in one. Just don't go to the Panhandle if you don't want to be in a Tornado. Also, don't go to close to the gulf coast since I've heard there's hurricanes there sometimes. It has great food options, including really good Mexican, Texan, Japanese (Sushi), and Italian food places, slightly different laws from other states, and it's flag is the same as the US', but with only one star. I'm passionate about it's sport teams too.
On the other hand, Washington state is pretty good. I've never been there, but I find it very interesting. I know it has a lot of wildlife, no income tax, and a good location to where (I think) it doesn't get hit by any natural disasters. It's very rainy there from what I've heard though, particularly in Seattle.
If you do happen to move back to the US, pick the state you like more. This is just me rambling on about my opinion on each one (and partially fact).

- - - Post Merge - - -

(Ugh, double post glitch. I can't see my post)

Last edited:
Actually I think I'm gonna move to Longmont, Colorado instead. I guess it's kinda expensive in Boulder.

In my opinion every location has its pros and cons, nowhere is perfect. Too many people have a "grass is always greener" viewpoint of the world.

Though, I would like to escape the UK. For all its good points, there are many that don't appeal to me and in general I dislike the people that live here. I'd probably like to move to San Francisco, Chicago or somewhere in Canada.

In my opinion every location has its pros and cons, nowhere is perfect. Too many people have a "grass is always greener" viewpoint of the world.

Though, I would like to escape the UK. For all its good points, there are many that don't appeal to me and in general I dislike the people that live here. I'd probably like to move to San Francisco, Chicago or somewhere in Canada.

This is true. There's a place in the world that suits each person, and one that doesn't.

Last edited:
I agree not every place is perfect, but I would love to move to Florida for a summer. Mainly- I want to get a job at Disney. I'd also like to live in Texas , the only con I can think of that's different from where I am is that grass doesn't grow there :rolleyes:

Personally I want to stay in England, most likely I will stay near to my 'hometown'... I'd like to one day move up north to the Peak District when I retire as life seems so peaceful there.

Though my boyfriend wants to move to LA if his YouTube channel becomes more successful, but I don't think I would enjoy it there since I am a country mouse and have never even lived in a 'built up' area, so my only reason to live there would be my boyfriend :/

Somewhere similar to my hometown with people who solve problems with their brains, rather than brawn.
Maybe the next galaxy over or something.

I'd also like to live in Texas , the only con I can think of that's different from where I am is that grass doesn't grow there :rolleyes:

Grass doesn't grow here??? ........
I look around and ALL I SEE IS GRASS. I'm so confused >.<

Back