• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Where do you want to live?

Stevey Queen

The Queen of Mimosas
Bells
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Red Pansy
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Tasty Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
I'm pretty sure we all have dreams and desires to move away from our homeland. Lately I been thinking of just moving away from my home Florida. It's not bad here but my particular area is so boring and ugly. My friends aren't that great either, as rude as that is to say, it's kinda true. I lost my best friend, I can't find a man interested in me that doesn't threaten to peer through my window, and idk I just been irrationally thinking of just getting away.

If I could afford to move, it would probably be to Boulder, Colorado. I have a friend up there in Longmont, which is the next town over, and she says it's a really nice place with apparently unique people. From what I can see from their website it really is beautiful and artsy and it's naturey too, which is what I really want. I can't afford it though and I have no idea how to get a job out of state.

But enough about me. Where would you like to move to one day?

I currently live in Texas. There's no space stations in Texas, only in Florida and California. I want to move to Cape Canaveral in Florida, or a town that's close to it. I know for sure I want to get a degree in Rocket Engineering, and join Nasa, even though they don't really do missions anymore. I want to invent a new type of rocket that far exceeds anything currently known though. I have a very creative mind (my ancestor is Benjamin Franklin), and I'm good at math and science (I like them too). Also, my mom's brother, sister, and their families only live a couple hours drive away in St. Petersburg (Tampa Bay). I'm not sure this is where I'll be moving for sure though, it all depends on the job I get.

Last edited:
Hmm, I really want to move to Japan.

After playing games like Yakuza 3, you start to get the drift of how cool the currency system works over there and how easy it is to get a good job. Sure, it does require a bit of work, due to the fact you have to learn Japanese if your main language is English.

The houses are HUGE. You take off your shoes and leave your socks, the way the Japanese live is a little fascinating in some ways. (No racial slur intended). I mean, Yen sounds like an awesome currency to have running.

Also, Japan is very vast. Believe it or not I heard it was bigger than it looks, much bigger. Much more fun, and you meet nice people (Yeah, I saw those movies), and you might even have a positive outcome of life as well. New job, good house, etc.

I feel Japan would give my life that shot of power everyone needs to be successful.

Well I live in NY so moving to Manhattan isn't too big of a stretch but of course Japan cause **** yea Japan!

I want to stay in a city, a place where I can be unknown and never be expected to talk to people.
In the future I will go wherever my girlfriend wants to go... as I personally have no reason to be rooted to any specific location...

I want to stay in a city, a place where I can be unknown and never be expected to talk to people.
In the future I will go wherever my girlfriend wants to go... as I personally have no reason to be rooted to any specific location...

Can't you do that now?

alaska
maybe

but seattle is pretty cool. though if a tsunami ever hit the west coast i would be dead. or if a major earthquake happened
idk i kinda wanna move somewhere safe but nowhere is safe tbh

alaska
maybe

but seattle is pretty cool. though if a tsunami ever hit the west coast i would be dead. or if a major earthquake happened
idk i kinda wanna move somewhere safe but nowhere is safe tbh

I live in Seattle, and let me tell you, it's reallllyyyy depressingly rainy most of the time. Though the summer's are awesome lol. Just know that the weather is really weird and constantly changes, oh, and traffic's tough as well.

Regarding a Tsunami, that's entirely impossible as the entire Puget Sound on which Seattle lies is protected with all the inlets, bays, and islands. If you lived in Ocean Shores, though, near the coast on the western peninsula, a Tsunami could strike. We are due for an earthquake though xD

Anywhere except (a) where I do live and (b) anywhere I have lived with the single exception of Glasgow.

I currently live in a once flourishing tourism town on Scotland's west coast, but the local economy crumbled during the recession and took anything remotely modern with it. Going into the towns shops, you wouldn't even know something like a video game existed because they stopped selling them here years ago. It's now just a retirement town or as us locals refer to it: a place where people come to die. I want to move away and never come back. But I know there's a chance I'll come back at least once (summer between 3rd and 4th year of uni if I can't find a job) before leaving permanently. Even my family intend to move out within the decade.

I don't like staying in one place too long, and I've chosen a path (film/video production) that will hopefully give me the chance to see a lot of the world... it's already taken me all over Scotland and even to Germany. However, I don't know where I'd want to live. All I'm certain of right now is that if I'm still living in the UK five years from now I definitely won't be staying in Scotland. I'd have left already if I wasn't entitled to free tuition here.

Last edited:
I would love to live in Norway or somewhere in a quiet place maybe with a few of my friends. I really don't like living in a city, too noisy. I want to live somewhere where I can grow old surrounded by a small group of friends where there's lot's of wildlife and space to play :)

Hmm, I really want to move to Japan.

After playing games like Yakuza 3, you start to get the drift of how cool the currency system works over there and how easy it is to get a good job. Sure, it does require a bit of work, due to the fact you have to learn Japanese if your main language is English.

The houses are HUGE. You take off your shoes and leave your socks, the way the Japanese live is a little fascinating in some ways. (No racial slur intended). I mean, Yen sounds like an awesome currency to have running.

Also, Japan is very vast. Believe it or not I heard it was bigger than it looks, much bigger. Much more fun, and you meet nice people (Yeah, I saw those movies), and you might even have a positive outcome of life as well. New job, good house, etc.

I feel Japan would give my life that shot of power everyone needs to be successful.

I know people say this a lot, but if you ever do move to Japan one day, good luck! ;; I always wanted to move there one day when I was younger but I realised it would be so difficult for me. It's a very, very different country culturally and some people say it's always a lot different to how many expect it. I'm not trying to put you off, because yes, you're right about everything else, but I just am saying in case. I would love to go out there for a while and experience all the different festivals and lifestyles, but I doubt I could ever get used to it. nwn

As for me, I'm not sure where I'd like to live. ;w; Preferably still in England so I'm still near my family, but probably not here in London. ;; I don't really like where I specifically live. It's just... A not very nice place in general really. ;_; Sobs.

I wouldn't mind moving to the mountainous areas near Colorado or Montana....maybe Washington idk. I always liked nature(at least more so since my trips) and I like the isolation of being surrounded by beautiful mountainous rivers and forests and such. The place I live in now isn't too bad, though, it's not the greatest either. I suppose I wouldn't mind living in certain parts of Cali either but I'm not sure...

Somewhere in Chicago. I don't live very far away so family is close, and I just love visiting the city!

I moved to South America when I was very little so it's basically become my homeland by now, but I always dream of returning to France. Italy is another beautiful option. Switzerland is probably one of my favorite places even though I have never been there myself. And Japan, because it really is beautiful (yes, I like Anime, but it has little to nothing to do with me choosing it as a potential place to live).

It would just be easier if I could split and live in them all at the same time v.v

Back