• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Why Lolly? I don't understand..

Hound00med

Come join the dark side..
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Yoshi Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
April Birthstone (Diamond)
ど
ぶ
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Ohey guys, so I'm very confused by the fact that Lolly is SO popular.. I mean she's kinda cute.. But, what is it about her that makes her so freakin' amazing? She's just boring to me, and has quotation marks for eyes >.>

I mean there's Sydney, Nana, Fauna, Merengue, Marina, Skye.. So many to choose from, yet it's this boring cat time and time again D:

I just can't get my head round it..

Lolly lovers! Let me know why you like her! D:

Last edited:
I like her because...she's cute! I like her simple style, since most of the characters are colorful. And I think her eyes fit her.
I don't know why I love her - we all have our own opinions about villagers! :)

I don't think she's anything special either, but everyone has different opinions :3

I have always understood most popular villagers and why they're just so dayum popular.. But Lolly is so popular, with no gimmick, no interesting design.. Nothing special about her D: .. I don't get it D:

I understand. My cat is also blue with quotation marks for eyes... But seriously, I think there are more unique villagers out there.
Personally I had her in my town, and hated her. I prefer Kiki or Mitzi any day.

I like her because she was in my City Folk town. I'd just gotten the game and was a few days into it when she first pinged me. (It was the first time a villager had pinged me at all.) Her happy little "^w^" dance charmed me, and then I started talking to her and she said "Maybe we should have a special greeting? I love secret things like that, just between friends..." And I basically melted from the cute. XD Ever since then I've had a special place in my heart for her.

Last edited:
I'll admit though she's a lot better than Mitzi. xD

I'm kinda neutral on Mitzi.. She's okay, but there are many many better Normals.. And Kiki's eyes kinda creep me out.. But Cats aren't really anywhere close my favourite villager.. Only really like Ankha, Kid Cat, Rosie and Tom

i have lolly in my town right now
she was one of my original villagers

i honestly wouldnt mind if she left
i dont hate her or anything

I don't know, probably the stripes make her look like a tiger to some people.
I don't mind for Lolly but I prefer Rosie or Mitzi.

There's something about extremely simplistic face designs that I really enjoy, and it's the main reason I like Lolly.

I think she's kinda cool but i like villagers with more unique designs >.< like Stitches, Snake, and Julian.

I prefer Felicity, Olivia, Tangy, and Punchy more than Lolly, but I still think Lolly's really cute. She has the "・ω・" face.

When I was little I had a cat named lollypop and we called her lolly. She reminds me of her

I actually have Lolly in my City Folk/Let's Go to the City town, so I suppose it would be somewhat unfair to comment upon this matter. Personally, I believe that Lolly is a generally likeable villager, and I can easily understand why people love her as they do. I don't think that she is any different to the other villagers, but she is just one of those villagers that people generally like. There isn't really anything special about that specific villager, but there is definitely something special about the connection between a player and a villager. I find it to be quite charming. Lolly is just one of many villagers that people like, and there isn't anything unnatural about that.

Last edited:
Is Lolly popular? I never knew that, but I guess I'm still pretty new to AC.
Anyway, if I had to guess, I would have to say people like her because she's familiar or it could have to do with the fact that tabby cats are the most popular breed of cat with silver being the rarest coat, and based on what I've seen so far, Lolly is the only really cute tabby cat in ACNL thus far. I mean, when you think about it why shouldn't the world's love of cute tabby cats transfer over into the world of AC?
Makes sense to me. Those are just my thoughts on the subject, though.

Last edited:
It's because she's cute. You mentioned Fauna, and there's nothing special about her. She's just cute. I'm pretty sure that's why most people like a villager lol

Last edited:
Back