• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Why Lolly? I don't understand..

Julian is kinda weird looking, I don't get why so many ppl like him for any other reason but him being a unicorn.
I like Lolly cause she is so... Simple...

I never really liked Lolly as much as Mitzi or Kiki, so I don't get the hype either >.> I've had her in my campsite multiple times so she really must like my town!

Lolly is my favorite normal cat. Plus I've had her move in -and out- of my NL towns a lot xD

Its not like I hate Lolly, she's very simple and cute. She isn't outrageous or crazy, but can be all the same. Laid-back personality and laid-back appearance makes a great combo :D

Why do ppl like Whitney she's just a wolf, why do people like flurry she's just a hamster, marshals just a white squirrel and hamlets just a brown hamster. They're all cute animals from popular species. And not everyone is into the gimmicks.
Besides everyone has different opinions anyways it's pointless to ask why anyone likes a thing,

amen.

I like her because...she's cute! I like her simple style, since most of the characters are colorful. And I think her eyes fit her.
I don't know why I love her - we all have our own opinions about villagers! :)

Was that really necessary writing tiny font? Some people have a hard time reading a computer screen, especially when the font is fit for a mouse.

Last edited:
Some people prefer simplicity over flashy bells and whistles (no offense). Personally i prefer black and white villagers

Some people prefer simplicity over flashy bells and whistles (no offense). Personally i prefer black and white villagers

Was I supposed to take offence? :p .. None of my villagers are particularly flashy.. Except possibly Astrid

coincidentally, she just gave me her pic >.>

because she's simple but adorable uwu

I've never had her, but from what I've seen through a quick google search, she's really really really really really cute! I'm assuming that might be why so many people like her haha

Shes simple and cute makes her likable but does not overwhelm you with her look

Got interested thanks to vinny. Found her in camp. Got used to her. Final dreamie.
Livin the dream

i like her because her japanese name is ramune (which was one of my favorite childhood japanese snacks... i loved the little marble that came with ramune and would always hoard the bottles)! also, i like her coloring, and yes, while she looks very very normal, i think she's super cute!

She's really cute! She also looks like a 'normal' cat without a colourful design so she's kinda different to the other cats

1. She is a cat so automatically gonna be loved
2. Her design is simple and cute, nothing too crazy and her colors are natural.
3. She is normal and sweet acting.

She is boring imo but it's obvious why people like her.

>People talking smack about my girl
977.gif

What did you just say about mi petit bonbon?

I can justify my affection for the titular villager of this thread, a hundred-fold.

It can be said that it started with Vinesauce, where Vinny would lightly show some attention to Lolly, to the point where a Mii replica of her was made for the Tomodachi streams he would do. Everyone would be all about two-faced or Cling-on, but I found the Lolly mii to be outright adorable. Deeper into the rabbit hole I go, I cave in, and get New Leaf, my first animal crossing game. Said Normal villager isn't in my town, at the time, but okay. Fast forward to when I get City Folk, to see what all the rage is about that game. Lolly was a starter villager. She was so ungodly cute, and her catchphrase added on to the adorability. Yes, I made up that word. I would do a lot of things with her, treat her while she was sick, and we got along quite well. Fast forward to January 14, 2016. A friend of mine told me he had Lolly in boxes, and wanted to know if I wanted her. Already a big fan of her, I JUMPED on the opportunity. I managed to nab her, and was beginning to eagerly wonder where in my town she would move in. I wake up the next day, check my town, and find this.
WVW69iyO-Uc2-vsUFh

See that little bit of wall to the right? That's my house. SHE MOVED IN NEXT DOOR TO ME. My heart skipped a beat when I noticed this. Further proof that she moved in next door to me.
WVW69iybmIgBHurUSa

Quickly, my favoring of her grew exponentially. Every time she would want to come over, she would end up staying 24 hours, instead of ~15 minutes. I didn't mind that. She would give me vital pieces of furniture that I needed when I was doing the HHA challenge. We'd look out for each other, and cheer one another up when we were down. The other villagers, well, they seemed to be approving of our growing friendship.
WVW69jEOVfgoZlSHQP

Fast forward to my birthday of 2016. Unaware of what I was in store for, Lolly rushes me over to her house.
WVW69jTKl-0trZdjlT

And the next day, she gave me what would possibly be the best present I'd get in Animal Crossing.
WVW69jTayZMSwZtP2s

I knew it was meant to be. Our friendship would never falter, it would only grow, and my little relationship with the adorable Normal-type would be known to my friends, finding it all to be adorable and approving. I can't let her go. Not at all. My love for her will never break apart, and will forever be my all-time favorite villager, and sweetheart to my mayor character.

And for the record, you pushed the Lolly button. You shouldn't have done that.

Back