• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Debunking Katrina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer

~*Seashore Princess*~
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Pink Sea
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Golden Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Cherry (Fruit)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Pokéball
Cake
Red Candy
う
Weird Doll
Feedback
100% (74) +
I've seen a lot of members offering things for people to come to their town to unlock Katrina's Fortune house faster... the thing is, only characters who live in your town count. Having people come over does nothing.

How do you know this?
Because I have her!

My very first day I got Katrina, I actually had 17 friends come over and get fortunes told after I finished on all 4 of my characters for a total of 21 people (just incase the Mayor didn't count). Since I didn't go last, if this was true, I would've been told on my 2nd visit from Katrina.

On that said 2nd visit, nothing was said. So, I figured I'd try the other idea as at this time, it was still unclear if it could be anyone or had to be characters in your town so I continued to see her everytime on all 4 of my characters (making sure my Mayor went last). On the 5th time Katrina came (which made a total of 20), she did suggest the project after I got my fortune read and I was able to build the Fortune House on Main Street.

Here is part of when Katrina was suggesting it:
1578.png

As you see, she specifically says the people of your town.

If you want to invite people to come over to get their fortune read, you still can! Just realize this will not help you get the project any faster.

You can still get Katrina in a day, however. If you create and delete a character 19 times (getting their fortune told each time) and then go do the 20th time on your mayor, you will get the project request. This is the fastest way to unlock it--otherwise, you just need to wait on the randomness. I ended up getting the project unlocked on July 11th so a little over a month which is pretty much exactly getting her once a week so yeah.

I've never done this but at least this'll stop loads of threads appearing all over the place :)

There was this time Katrina came to my town,but it was too late to get my foutune because I was playing at night.XD

Yeah, I've missed her a few times because she closes so early :(.
So, if I go get my fortune read in another town, does that count toward my total?

Would it work if you TT a day back and then to the day Katrina is in town? Also would it work for Gracie's fashion checks as well?

Thank you for the reminder, Princess!

Would it work if you TT a day back and then to the day Katrina is in town? Also would it work for Gracie's fashion checks as well?
I have tried this. Time traveling does nothing as Katrina will just repeat your lucky item each time it's done instead of giving you a second reading. You'll have to wait till she comes back again. As for Gracie, the time traveling trick will work. Also works with Redd and his artwork. :)

Yeah, I've missed her a few times because she closes so early :(.
So, if I go get my fortune read in another town, does that count toward my total?

It does not. Has to be in your town with your characters.

lolskies - As MistyWater said, it does not work for Katrina. It actually works for EVERY event except Katrina's. And your birthday--your birthday requires a new year.

Thanks for that, i was thinking of invinting people to get their fortunes told here. now i know that this wont work

Thanks so much for the clarification!

I think I'll still invite people to mine though as she stays open later because of my ordinance. Could be handy for some people?

I think I'll still invite people to mine though as she stays open later because of my ordinance.

My town opened nearly four months ago. She shows up usually twice a week. I visit. Still no offers. Something's not right. And I can't resist the chance to mention Gracie will not return no matter what I do.

Just in case anyone was wondering, it's possible to create a new character in your town, get your fortune told, finish the starting chores, save & quit, and then delete the character. If you do delete the character afterwards, it will still count towards the 20 you need. So if you're up for spending a fair amount of time creating and deleting characters, you can keep repeating the process until you have 20. Just be sure to keep track of how many times you've seen Katrina, and I would also suggest leaving your Mayor character for last to be safe. I've done this in two separate towns now and it worked both times, although I lost track of how many times I did it the very first time, so I had to spend a little extra time doing it.

It's very easy, but it's also very tedious. If you're not in a hurry to get Katrina, I would suggest doing it 5 or so times during 4 different occasions so that it won't take too much of your time away.

Of course, just remember that each new character will have to select a spot for their house, and deleting the character will result in a dirt patch being left behind!

Last edited:
Just in case anyone was wondering, it's possible to create a new character in your town, get your fortune told, finish the starting chores, save & quit, and then delete the character. If you do delete the character afterwards, it will still count towards the 20 you need. So if you're up for spending a fair amount of time creating and deleting characters, you can keep repeating the process until you have 20. Just be sure to keep track of how many times you've seen Katrina, and I would also suggest leaving your Mayor character for last to be safe. I've done this in two separate towns now and it worked both times, although I lost track of how many times I did it the very first time, so I had to spend a little extra time doing it.

It's very easy, but it's also very tedious. If you're not in a hurry to get Katrina, I would suggest doing it 5 or so times during 4 different occasions so that it won't take too much of your time away.

Of course, just remember that each new character will have to select a spot for their house, and deleting the character will result in dirt patch being left behind!
I did this today and it worked! Yay! It took a long time, but it was worth it. Katrina hardly ever comes to my town. This was the first time I had seen her in at least 3 weeks.

So, does it count if you're not the mayor? Or do you have to mayor to get the suggestion?

So, does it count if you're not the mayor? Or do you have to mayor to get the suggestion?

You will have to be the mayor to get the suggestion, but you can use your other characters to actually reach the 20 visits required.

Here's a simple guide for anyone interested in unlocking it:

Step 1: If you see Katrina in your town, make sure you have a free spot for a new character's home.
Step 2: If you plan to visit her multiple times, I would recommend placing stacks of 500 Bells on the ground for your new characters to collect.
Step 3: Make a new character. I suggest noting down what you name them and/or how many times you see Katrina, just so you don't lose track of it.
Step 4: Get Tom Nook to place your tent down, and then finish becoming a resident.
Step 5: Pick up the Bells, go to Katrina, and then get your fortune told.
Step 6: Save & quit after seeing Katrina, and then demolish the new character's home, thereby deleting them.
Step 7: Make a new character and repeat 4 - 6.
Step 8: Once you're sure that you've visited Katrina 20 times, visit her on your mayor and get your fortune told if you haven't already. I personally left my mayor until last just to be sure it would work. After you've done so, try to leave the tent. As you do so, Katrina will stop you and then you'll have unlocked the PWP for her shop.
Step 9: You're now free to pay for her shop on Main Street. It'll set you back a hefty 340,000 Bells, but you'll be able to get your fortune told every day and Katrina may even offer to sell you some rare items.

Do be warned that if you plan to go from 0 to 20 visits in one sitting, you'll be there for quite some time. I would suggest doing it 10 or 5 times over two or four occasions respectively. It's entirely up to you, but it does indeed work. I've done it three times now, and I've told others to do this if they want it unlocked right away.

Just remember that you will only unlock the project if you visit her on your mayor character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back