• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How many male/female users are a part of this community?

Are you male or female?

• Total voters
I think there's more girls play and less boys use the forums and stuff. As you said, girls can be more appreciative. Boys seem to want to play COD and stuff like that. I always find boys like fighting games and stuff-also so they can show of to their mates that they are playing 18 rated games at 10 yrs old! LOL. I think most of my 3DS friends are girls, but I have found a very kind, appreciative boy-friend (we are NOT together btw!) and we play together often. I think more boys SHOULD play acnl though! Looking at the votes us girls are winning by far at mo! I suppose boy's are more well known for gaming (minecraft, cod, etc) and more girls for social networking and using forums.

BTW i am a girl, ik my pics of Walker but it's cuz he's my fave villager :p

Not many girls use forums :L

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got walker in my campsite but tt'd him out xP

You can blame society for most of it. lol.

I've met a lot of other guys who are really into games like this, but simply don't play it because a lot of people would think that it's "wrong" simply because they're male. It's daft as hell.

I'd say guys like that really need to grow up...seriously, that's just an asinine mindset....as well as the people judging them. But hey, whatevs!

A lot of guys I know think it's really lame to play RPGs or anything other than Madden and COD. So I can understand a lack of males on an Animal Crossing forum.
But as a girl, I have noticed there are many other girls but there's also some guys! My friend list is mainly guys and I don't have any BFs in New Leaf cause none of my IRL friends have it.

I'm not that surprised. Wasn't there a graph thing or something that showed how much each gender bought AC:NL, 56% Female, 44% Male, or something like that.

My BF list is about equal in guys and girls, but the girls seem to have stuck around much longer.

I am female...most days. I was introduced to Animal Crossing by a guy, though, back in grade three.

Last edited:
I think there's more girls play and less boys use the forums and stuff. As you said, girls can be more appreciative. Boys seem to want to play COD and stuff like that. I always find boys like fighting games and stuff-also so they can show of to their mates that they are playing 18 rated games at 10 yrs old! LOL. I think most of my 3DS friends are girls, but I have found a very kind, appreciative boy-friend (we are NOT together btw!) and we play together often. I think more boys SHOULD play acnl though! Looking at the votes us girls are winning by far at mo! I suppose boy's are more well known for gaming (minecraft, cod, etc) and more girls for social networking and using forums.

BTW i am a girl, ik my pics of Walker but it's cuz he's my fave villager :p

I'm glad you feel the same about male gamers xD
Just like guys outside of gaming, they tend to be cruel and cause most of the crimes out there.
It's the same in gaming, they tend to make the online experience unpleasant.
I myself am a kind male player, but for some reason I ended up on Animal Crossing instead. I just don't like online games as much, on the PS3 or Xbox. Animal Crossing is such a nice game to play, it's fun sharing things and making others happy. That's my goal,, to bring happiness to others by sharing things freely without asking for rewards of any kind. If you check out my giveaway threads, you'd see my kindness xD

It's really satisfying to help you girls because you actually enjoy and appreciate everything I give you. I'm not sure, but girls have a soft side that I like, unlike guys.

I tend to find male gamers, using female characters as their main character. Saying that the female character's clothing and furniture are much cuter than guy's stuff. Pretty true, but I just created a female secondary character for that. So she can have her own cute house :3

Not many girls use forums :L

That's what I thought, but turns out that this is a forum that actually has plenty of females, even mothers and teachers! This community really surprises me, it's the best forum I've joined <3

Last edited:
Well I'm a girl (I think so... :rolleyes:) but I also have a boy character. I occasionally play on him when I'm doing trades/going to people's towns. I've made a lot of female bfs this way, and I really have no idea why... I guess playing on my guy makes people think I'm really nice for some reason (Ok, I DO act more girly on my guy char), yet on my girl (main) I have wayy more guy bfs.
Even though I virtually act the same on both chars, I guess people enjoy interacting with opposite genders.

I'm glad you feel the same about male gamers xD
Just like guys outside of gaming, they tend to be cruel and cause most of the crimes out there.
It's the same in gaming, they tend to make the online experience unpleasant.
I myself am a kind male player, but for some reason I ended up on Animal Crossing instead. I just don't like online games as much, on the PS3 or Xbox. Animal Crossing is such a nice game to play, it's fun sharing things and making others happy. That's my goal,, to bring happiness to others by sharing things freely without asking for rewards of any kind. If you check out my giveaway threads, you'd see my kindness xD

It's really satisfying to help you girls because you actually enjoy and appreciate everything I give you. I'm not sure, but girls have a soft side that I like, unlike guys.

I tend to find male gamers, using female characters as their main character. Saying that the female character's clothing and furniture are much cuter than guy's stuff. Pretty true, but I just created a female secondary character for that. So she can have her own cute house :3

That's what I thought, but turns out that this is a forum that actually has plenty of females, even mothers and teachers! This community really surprises me, it's the best forum I've joined <3

It's pretty much no secret for me. I mean, look at my sig! But I've been mistaken for a female before. It was interesting...

I dislike most games on the PS and XBox. And I think that CoD and Battlefield and whatever are a waste of valuable game industry space. But AC really stands out, like you said. It's fun just making people happy and all that.

I've considered making a female character to use all the dresses and cute stuff on... Because as a guy, the only cute thing I can tolerate on my character is a flower.

And I agree, this is the best forum I've joined! (Also only the second forum I've joined, but that's irrelevant).

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I've seen your kindness in action! You gave me a golden axe for free. I still feel like I owe ya something...

And I've seen your kindness in action! You gave me a golden axe for free. I still feel like I owe ya something...

No way xD I do kind actions without the need of any kind of rewards. You already payed me back by letting me go to your town two times, for turnips. That was a life saver, earned me the gold turnip badge ^_^
Plus you're kind yourself, personality wise

You're one of the guys I never regret playing with

Last edited:
No way xD I do kind actions without the need of any kind of rewards. You already payed me back by letting me go to your town two times, for turnips. That was a life saver, earned me the gold turnip badge ^_^
Plus you're kind yourself, personality wise

You're one of the guys I never regret playing with

Well, true. That part of me that still wants to repay you is very small now.

Thanks! Same with you. :)

I've considered making a female character to use all the dresses and cute stuff on... Because as a guy, the only cute thing I can tolerate on my character is a flower.

A friend of mine is a guy physically, and a girl mentally. He created a male character, but he expressed all that by dressing his character with all the cute stuff. When he first got the game I dressed him up like a doll hahahaha ^^;.

Cooties. Everywhere.

I'm itchy.

Back