How many male/female users are a part of this community?

Are you male or female?

• Total voters
I'm not surprised that the larger percent of the community is female. Animal Crossing isn't exactly the typical 'male game' and as much as it sounds sexist, Animal Crossing is essentially a 'girl game'.
I'm surprised that less than 30% are males though! I was expecting it to be about 40/60 ratio.

I'm not too bothered though. I've always gotten along better with girls despite having largely steriotypically 'male interests', which makes a largely female community better for me. Plus I enjoy the game, it's a welcome change to mindlessly gunning down nameless peons and destroying nuclear armed bipedal tanks.

I'm not surprised that the larger percent of the community is female. Animal Crossing isn't exactly the typical 'male game' and as much as it sounds sexist, Animal Crossing is essentially a 'girl game'.
I'm surprised that less than 30% are males though! I was expecting it to be about 40/60 ratio.

I'm not too bothered though. I've always gotten along better with girls despite having largely steriotypically 'male interests', which makes a largely female community better for me. Plus I enjoy the game, it's a welcome change to mindlessly gunning down nameless peons and destroying nuclear armed bipedal tanks.

What are the themes that makes Animal Crossing a "girly" game?

I'm one of the only girls at my school who plays. There are like 7 guys who play it that I street pass every day.

I don't know if this will happen, but I believe that Smash 4 would probably help to get more people to play Animal Crossing.

That way we can balance the male demographic of this community....but that's my theory...I guess...

- - - Post Merge - - -

The odd thing about the ratio is that there's more boys playing the game on other communities and fandoms compared to TBT.
Which don't get me wrong, you're right. Animal Crossing has been more appealing to girls than guys. (And this is coming from a guy that only Streepassed around 4 girls that play the game at my school and that's it)

But it's kinda odd that many people don't know this site, or just despised it for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
I FEEL THAT. i cannot vote on this thread.
why only 2 options
why not an 'other' option

I think the reason why Animal Crossing appeals to girls is because of the cover art, tbh;;

When I bought the game, and my brothers were like, "Holy crap, a new Animal Crossing? I want to play." My step-dad gave them death stares and said, "Why would you want to play a game for girls?"

They were like, "It's not just for girls, it's for guys too. It's a pretty basic living-style game where you make a character and do stuff like fish and sell items."

My step dad then said, "Oh, well it looks pretty girly to me." He said that all based on the case for the game.

3ds_2.jpg

I like the art for Animal Crossing, and I don't mind it. Idk how Nintendo could change it to make it more appealing for guys because the case is a pretty basic representation of what the game looks like imo.

I thought the results would have been more...I don't know, less extreme?
I always seem to WiFi with girls--not that it's bad, however, it'd be nice to befriend some guys that like AC as well and WiFi with them more often~
I really don't have any IRL guy friends so having a guy friend who likes gaming as much as I do would be a real change.

I'm a guy!

It's funny because, back when I was more ignorant, I thought guys didn't play Animal Crossing and I was the only one. Then Wild World came out and 75% of my friend list were other guys. :rolleyes: It's pretty equal outside TBT.

I actually feel like that I'm the only male member on this site who has a female mayor in the main town.

I figured most players were female. It's a very cutesy game and takes patience and appreciation to enjoy. But I know a few male players.
And, yeah, I fell in love with Villager in Smash, so that's why I decided to get Animal Crossing. c: Never woulda cared otherwise.

Back