• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How many male/female users are a part of this community?

Are you male or female?

• Total voters

MattKimura

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Gold Super Mailbox
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
50 Envelopes
Through all my experiences with TheBellTree, I'm starting to notice the lack of male players. I seem to find a female player every time. I'm wondering if the Animal Crossing community consists mostly of girls. So I decided to make this poll to see how many of you are out there :3

I myself am a male, one of the only ones around o:

I think this is paradise for males, since there's so many females to play with. What's good about most females is that they tend to be kind and appreciative. Guys on the other hand are "Cool, thx bro." *No great feeling of appreciation there. I just had bad experiences with some, so I'm closer to the female side of the community.
What do you think about male or female users, which do you prefer to play with?

(Also vote if you're a male or female)

Mod Note May 2020: poll updated to add non-binary option and allow vote changes. See this post for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my best friends list, I have my bf, and one other boy, also a girl. So I'm skewed towards boys there, but in my friend list, there are more girls. I would say in general the girls have been nicer, but that's not to say that I haven't had nice boys too. Maybe being a girl gets a different reaction?

I know a lot more guys on here than girls. I think that's purely down to to IRC.

On my best friends list, I have my bf, and one other boy, also a girl. So I'm skewed towards boys there, but in my friend list, there are more girls. I would say in general the girls have been nicer, but that's not to say that I haven't had nice boys too. Maybe being a girl gets a different reaction?

I forgot to mention my bf list. 100% females, and all from TheBellTree :3

Wow o_0 8 female votes in 2 minutes. That was fast!

I'm a guy. (Which may be surprising to most people)

Overall I think I've got more females on my friends list, but I think I've got more dudes on my BF List.

I'm a male.. I do find more females playing AC.. But I like how relaxed of a game AC is, you don't have to be on edge while you're taking down a big boss or challenge or something.. I like that about most games I play.. But I also do find I prefer more guy villagers to girls, lol .. I mean there are so many lousy Peppy, Snooty and Uchi villagers.. There are plenty of awesome Normals though

I'm a guy. (Which may be surprising to most people)

Overall I think I've got more females on my friends list, but I think I've got more dudes on my BF List.

I don't know too much about you, but when I first saw you I thought you a girl, because of your avatar. I like that about you, You get to be both genders.

i never realized how many girls are on thebelltree forums until i saw the poll and stopped to think about it
i am a girl but i never pay attention that much, but i will say playing with people on ACNL has been positive with everyone

I don't know too much about you, but when I first saw you I thought you a girl, because of your avatar. I like that about you, You get to be both genders.

Heh, well that's one way of looking at it.

I kind of figured there'd be more males, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Perhaps I should'ved worded that better, I knew there would be more female players than male, but I wasn't expecting it to be by that much.

Then again it's probably a little early to judge.

I'm female that is always mistaken as male when online. Probably doesn't help that my character in AC is male.

i see some males in the female part of the poll. i was expecting a bit more males too tbh.

I am female. I have 2 games/towns. One town is full of boys (I use this one to go on-line with others) & the other town is full of girls. I have 4 characters in each town. It does keep me busy but it means I get 8 Event/DLC items each time, which I give away to friends in other regions or to NA friends who can't change their router to 'Bestbuy'.

I'm female :) I had expected that there were more female players but that much? To me, Animal Crossing seems like a gender neutral game.

I'm not too surprised at the fact that there is a lot of girls here. The majority of the hardcore gaming population is still male while a lot of girls enjoy casual gaming now and then. Animal Crossing or The Sims 3 are good examples of "casual games". It's cuteness factor also adds to that, I guess.
My friendlist is mainly populated by females too. All the guys I have on there stopped playing weeks ago, sadly. :(

Male here.

I know a lot more guys on here than girls. I think that's purely down to to IRC.

That & Mumble. I remember when it was late at night (my timezone) there used to be like 9 guys on at a time and 2 girls usually. On the IRC there is definitely more guys than girls most of the time.

P.S: I'm a girl. :>

Back