• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How many male/female users are a part of this community?

Are you male or female?

• Total voters
Okay
cap2.png

Capture.png

Hunny, you've a big storm comin'

- - - Post Merge - - -

"the classification by which nouns or pronouns (and often other accompanying modifiers) are grouped and inflected, or changed in form by relation to sex or lack their of it"

Yeah, and definition 2 is literally sex. lol

Yeah, and definition 2 is literally sex. lol

Primarina,

The dictionary that is being quoted here by tumut agrees with the definitions I posted earlier. I don't see how they are literally saying gender means sex, when they are literally saying "gender is grammatical when [...] beings and things are classified according to remotely animistic, psychological, or formal associations."

I will give you an example to illustrate what I just quoted. In spanish, we say "El libro" and not "La libro" when referring to a book . A book is remotely animistic, meaning it is an inanimate object. The spanish language assigns the book as being (gender) masculine... even though the book has no sex at all! That is why gender is not the same as sex. And the same principle can be applied to animate beings as humans (psychological).

But even if the dictionary had said that gender is sex.... the age of a book does not make it a reliable and correct source. An old dictionary can be equally as correct as the old books stating that the earth is flat (which by the way, there are organizations in the US trying to make the case that the earth is flat... yes in 2017 this is still happening and still people think this remains true). Old definitions do not equal to being correct all the time. At least there is no correlation with this specific argument. And this is not politically motivated. We have given you the sources; read them and read them well.

Last edited:
am girl. i dont have any friends lmao but i feel like the majority of people i have played with in the past are girls. my brother occasionally comes back to animal crossing and plays with me, but thats like a once a year thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i didnt read through the posts on this thread i just read a couple on the first page omg what is happening

am girl. i dont have any friends lmao but i feel like the majority of people i have played with in the past are girls. my brother occasionally comes back to animal crossing and plays with me, but thats like a once a year thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i didnt read through the posts on this thread i just read a couple on the first page omg what is happening

Lol is not as bad as it may be read. It's a constructive discussion.

This is great for me, as I suffer from Gynophobia and I really need to interact with more females (even if it is through a game).

btw, I am female myself but I can see why not many males would like the game. I know from experience that my brother gets very easily bored and starts to wreck my town because there's really no 'boss challenges' or guild quests, so I'm fine not playing with him. Some guys are just used to high-stress situations where they need to be challenged, and all that AC has to offer them is getting a Perfect Town and getting ALL the items/shops. Players need to take time and relax with this game, and not many like that or see the point in it.

Transmasc/male, did I say that already? I don't think so but I dunno, lol.

Holy only a small amount are males, I feel alone lol

I'm a female. ^.^ I don't have a preference on which gender I prefer to play together with though... As long as the person I am playing with is a respectable player then I am fine with playing together with them regardless of gender.

Back