• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Spawning troubles

Merelfantasy

Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
I've been trying to catch a petaltail dragonfly for forever now and it just won't spawn! Do you guys have any tips, or is there an island tour where you can catch them and take them home?

Evening is best time to catch 'em. Plant loads of flowers near ponds or rivers, too.

Dragonflies are definitely more common near the water, so I suggest just walking up and down the river. That's how I caught 'em.

If I recall, they spawn between 5pm and 7pm, so you only get two hours or so for an opportunity to catch one. Apparently, if I recall from what I've read right, cutting down trees can help because it means less bugs are around to spawn on them. However, I couldn't bring myself to do that and just relied on luck.

I also kind of cheated and did the old 'save and continue' trick until one did spawn.

Back