• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Worries about corruption

Bells
A little while ago I posted a thread about the villager reset trick. Now I understand and I am going to try for Skye or Jacques depending on which personality I got locked into, however, I have seen a lot of stories about game file corruption when resting. I really want to prevent this as I adore my current town and I really couldn't bare to see it all corrupted in the blink of and eye DX ! This is my first villager reset ever so please could I have some advice?

Thanks for reading :)

Well, losing a Save is devastating- tons of effort & care lost. Ask yourself this: does acquiring a single Dream Villager worth the risk of starting over?

Why not apply the TT routine & trade for your Dreamies? Better to be safe than in complete dispair should your Save file become corrupted. Good luck! ^o^

If you must try pressing the power button and then home, don't press the home button or it'll be more of a chance of corrupting.

We don't know what the Exact reason is for game corrupting though.

Well I always wait until the title screen has loaded up again before pressing the home button and closing so maybe that helps.

I would personally go with the tt method. In the process you could make other people's dreams come true and give them your unwanted villagers. It is called villager cycling.

Since we don't know the exact reason, there's not much we can do. I think after a certain amount of time, you should stop resetting and settle on one villager.

If you use the home button it will not corrupt. Also, just backup your game to pc if using SD card

Last edited:
Back