• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why Are Pictures So Important?

I like to collect villager's pictures because they help you remember them by if they move away. Over time, I would like to have every Animal Crossing: New Leaf villager's pics. :)

There are very few Villagers I truly want to keep forever, and there are absolute *tons* of Villagers I love to have around, however in order to keep things fresh I don't want to make them stay in my town unless I absolutely adore them, that's why I get their pictures. Memories from old friends who decided they needed a change in scenery.

There are very few Villagers I truly want to keep forever, and there are absolute *tons* of Villagers I love to have around, however in order to keep things fresh I don't want to make them stay in my town unless I absolutely adore them, that's why I get their pictures. Memories from old friends who decided they needed a change in scenery.

This. I like my dreamies, but only a select few will actually be permanent residents. *Cough* Fang *cough* So I want their pictures to keep so I can always remember the fun I had with 'em. ^-^

I didn't even know villagers gave pictures? I've never received a single one even from the villagers that have been here since day 1, and several have moved out already so I don't think i'm going to be collecting pictures anytime soon, heh

I only care about pictures from my most favorite villagers
I got a picture from Rosie who I don't care about at all. It takes up space and I'm seriously wanting to sell it to somebody, omg sorry to Rosie if that's too harsh

They are worth HHA points if the villager is still in town, and they are unorderable.

This. It's also a neat thing to get, especially for the villagers you like.

I will say that none of the pictures are counted in the catalog, though, just like StreetPass items (balloons, tweeters, etc), fireworks, other items you can use up, and tools. I'm a bit OCD about collecting stuff in NL, but anything that doesn't show up in the catalog doesn't feel as interesting to me, because I don't have this in-game sort of checklist to count that I have it.

Back