• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why Are Pictures So Important?

Zanessa

ZanessaGaily>Zanessa
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
Pavé
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Dark Easter Egg
Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Something that a lot of people seem to go for in this game is the picture of the villager. We all have different reasons for it, most of them good. So, why do you think pictures are important?

[Also, for those who don't think they're important at all, please explain why.]

Maybe to never forget those you love. (If you really like that villager)
Or maybe their quotes :3

I don't know xD

Because it's a way of "collecting" villagers in the same way as we collect furniture, fruits, bug species etc. This is a game based on collections, after all.

I keep pictures to remind me of villagers that were good friends of mine and that I miss. Lobo moved out without telling me, but he sent his picture in the mail, so now I have to remember him by ;-;

They are worth HHA points if the villager is still in town, and they are unorderable.

I'm not obsessed with villager pictures, but each holds a signature quote :) I just found out Keaton left a quote behind the picture frame and he wrote: "Even in a group of fools, there is someone the smartest"

Keaton is a smug guy, maybe he assumes, be the best?? XD

Last edited:
Everything is relative in this game, since it's sandbox in nature. There's no levelling up to do, no eventual game-ending achievement to shoot for, it's all up to the player. So what's important to one player may mean very little to another. There are things I would never do, such as re-modelling the town hall, shooting down balloons for the furniture or building the fairytale themed PWPs.

Villager pictures are nice to have. But not "so important" to me. I do enjoy interacting with the villagers, it's a major reason I play the game, so when I receive pictures from villagers, I do keep them. (I put them in an old letter they have sent me--so that I can tell immediately whose picture is inside--and save it at the post office.) But I don't feel the need to collect every single picture from every single villager. :)

I don't think they are that important, its something thats nice to have but I won't put my dream town on hold to get random villagers pictures.

It's just something to remember your villagers by and to know that you were special enough for them to give you their picture. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get one yet though :(

I loved villager pictures, but... I have yet to receive even one. I find it to takes too much effort when I want to spend time doing other things like landscaping, playing online with people, TT'ing, ect.

It's a tradition i had in Wild world. a villager can not leave until i have their pic, i just like it, its a running record for me of everyone whos lived in my town :)

In new leaf i currely have 8 pics, and i haven't let anyone move yet
im going to make a display room in museum

I feel I can't let a villager move if I don't have their picture or something to remember them by, or if I know I won't get it when they leave.

For me, it is something more to collect. Since I do not have dreamies...I use the pictures as an achievement that I've made the best friend possible of the neighbor and I am then ready to let them go. As someone else said, they are unorderable, so that makes them more valuable to me. I do not let any neighbor leave until I have their picture.

Because I like to collect hard-to-get stuff. Personally I have no "attachments" to villagers so for me it's not something I need to remember them.

I like having them so it doesn't feel like they were in my town for nothing. That's why I never let them leave without obtaining it. Unfortunately, I been stuck with my original 10 since July, because they all hate me.

I'm not sure. I just like knowing they liked me enough to give me the ultimate symbol of their friendship.

I personally have never recieved a "legit" picture, unless you count abusing April Fools. XD

I'm now beginning to start them, though. I think that they look really cute, so I want them, and it's a cool way to record everybody who ever lived in your town. Besides, for people who have dreamies like myself, the pics of their best friends on a desk is really adorable. I wish you were allowed to customize your mayor's desk, because then I'd put a pic of Fang up there when I got him.

I've never actually gotten one. Never really thought about it, and I've already had 4 neighbors move out. I will, however, be getting Daisy's, Pashmina's, Queenie's, and Tammy's pics, cause those four are my best buds. I didn't really feel much for the 4 that moved out.

Last edited:
Back