Midgetsc

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Silver Mailbox
Cake
Mailbox
I want a dream suite badly, but I have no money. ;-;

Any ideas? I hate beetle hunting. Not sure when the best time to do shark hunting is. And I kinda wanna get a dream suite within the next hour or so so that I can check out some towns before I go to bed.

If you dislike the fastest way then you'll have to slog through it the old-fashioned way: picking fruit and fishing. :p

Shark fishing is best done at night, just like beetle catching.

Hm. About what time will all the sharks come out?

And I dislike beetle hunting because I suck at catching beetles. I never lose at sharks, though, I just don't know when the exact time I should visit the island is- like, around 12 PM? Or earlier/later?

I also dislike beetle hunting because my cat likes to distract me and cause me to release the A button and slap the net down to scare away the beetles...

They appear around 4pm and linger until 9am the next morning. Except for the whale shark, which can be caught at any time of day on the island. Summer only for all.

Last edited:
Sharks are already swimming in the ocean from 4pm :) so you can already go shark hunting in the afternoon ;D

Ah, okie. I usually would go to the island and catch beetles and get sharks whenever they managed to pop up, but since I'm not gonna use bell boom this time around, beetle hunting isn't as profitable. And since sharks are worth more than beetles and they're easier to catch imo, I like getting them better. xP

Ah well. I guess I'll go to the island at 8 and catch beetles and whatever sharks appear. Hopefully I'll get enough of the two to get a dream suite soon.

Sorry if this is a elementary question as I have not gotten that far into the game, but what is Bell Boom? I'm trying to pay off my house and the dang Reset Center (the mole).

Sorry if this is a elementary question as I have not gotten that far into the game, but what is Bell Boom? I'm trying to pay off my house and the dang Reset Center (the mole).

It's one of the four ordinances you can set by talking to Isabelle. It means things cost more to both buy and sell in the shops in your town. :)

It's an ordinance you can enact. Prices for items will increase, but you'll profit more from things you sell. It's not good to have long-term, because in the end, it's just the same. But when you come back from Beetle and Shark hunting, in the end, the 20k you spend inacting it will barely matter because you'll gain a ton of profit.

Gotta get crackin' at improving your beetle catching skills! Sharks are kinda rare so it won't be as fast as bug hunting. I think I only run into like 5 sharks at most every 30 minutes. xnx

Playing the stock market can also be quick (but sometimes not so reliable) if you have 100-200k to start off with, then are able to find a town buying turnips for at least 300 bells or so.

But I'd only really recommend it for people who have a decent amount of money to begin with, in case things go sour.

Playing the stock market can also be quick (but sometimes not so reliable) if you have 100-200k to start off with, then are able to find a town buying turnips for at least 300 bells or so.

But I'd only really recommend it for people who have a decent amount of money to begin with, in case things go sour.

Hm. I'll consider this, but since I TT a lot, this might be a problem. Based on my experience, the turnips don't die for one reason or another, so it's safe, it's just a matter of getting them out before Sunday rolls around again.

I suggest beetle hunting or getting perfect fruit and selling at a different native fruit to you. Even better if its their premium

Hm. I'll consider this, but since I TT a lot, this might be a problem. Based on my experience, the turnips don't die for one reason or another, so it's safe, it's just a matter of getting them out before Sunday rolls around again.

TTing is only an issue if you go backwards, since it will cause your turnips to rot. Going forwards is harmless, however.

Hm. According to some people, turnip prices are best on Wednsdays... So I'll probably just buy all my turnips on Wednsdays and organize trades while I wait for a good turnip price to pop up.

Also bear in mind that turnip prices change at noon. So it's useful to start the day at 11:50am or so, check prices then, wait until noon, and check again. Then either stick with that time, or TT back to 11am as needed.

That way you can make extra sure that you're selling when the price is highest on that day.

Also bear in mind that turnip prices change at noon. So it's useful to start the day at 11:50am or so, check prices then, wait until noon, and check again. Then either stick with that time, or TT back to 11am as needed.

That way you can make extra sure that you're selling when the price is highest on that day.

Alright, thanks! x3 I'll definitely try the Stalk Market next time I meet Joan, and hopefully sell my turnips for a profit... Even if it's a small one.

The best time to go shark catching is 5pm at the island. I've went to the island during that time and there way loads, a very quick and enjoyable time to see the sunsets and go shark fishing.

Back