• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Question: Trading villagers

Tiekie

Bells
Hey guys :)
So on August 20th my Muffy was moving out and I auctioned her off. The buyer came to my town, talked to Muffy, Muffy said she was moving to the buyers town, the buyer paid me and I saved :) But after a minute a resseti screen came up... I had to restart my 3ds because my game was totally frozen...
After that I restarted the game and talked to Muffy. She said to me she was moving to the town of the buyer and the money was still in my town, so I messaged the buyer and said I was sorry for the confusion but everything seems fine.
But yesterday the buyer messaged me and said Muffy didn't move in yet... Ofcourse I'm willing to pay back the money, but I want to be sure that there isn't a possibility that Muffy may be moving in over the next few days...
So my question is, how long does a traded villager take to move in, in a new town? Or did something mess the trade up after those weird events and Muffy wil not move in at all?

There's still a possibility that she will move in over the next few days. I would say give it a maximum of 5 days and if she isn't moved in by then, she was probably lost in the crash.

Thanks :) That helps a lot, because this is my first trade and I have no idea how long a villager takes to move in somewhere...

Back