• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Perfect time to play animal crossing?

jakeypride

Bells
White Cosmos
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Okay.... So picture this:

It's winter and it's dark out, but not too dark to where you can't see the snow falling.
You pick up your DS, open it up, its dark in your town, its snowing, the tree's are lite you listen to the soothing music of AC as you tune out the world and all your problems... It's just you and your villagers enjoying the night, eventually you pull out your music playing device, and sit there, playing animal crossing while its beautifully snowing outside and in your town. All the lights off in your room except the light from a streetlight across the street that's shinning through... You have your favorite song on replay... You're just sitting there... Covered in a bunch of blankets and pillows all snuggled up...

The worlds now gone.... Its just you and AC. <3

Doesn't this sound amazing? I did this with WW all the time.... except one very extraordinary time... it was amazing... I'll post it if people ask me too.

Last edited:
I wish it could be like this for me. Sadly, my physical location dictates against snowfall at any given moment.

However, it does manage to get pretty cold over here, and playing any game during winter, for me, is just a satisfying experience almost all of the time. Fall, though, would most likely be my preferred time of the year in Animal Crossing because everything around me is transitioning from hot to cool, and as it does this, I slowly get more and more relaxed, making the experience of playing that much more enjoyable.

I wish it could be like this for me. Sadly, my physical location dictates against snowfall at any given moment.

However, it does manage to get pretty cold over here, and playing any game during winter, for me, is just a satisfying experience almost all of the time. Fall, though, would most likely be my preferred time of the year in Animal Crossing because everything around me is transitioning from hot to cool, and as it does this, I slowly get more and more relaxed, making the experience of playing that much more enjoyable.
Would you by chance listen to Drake? He's usually who I listen to in those times, and it was during that time. It was this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOygEyfsAt8

Sounds lovely- unfortunately I don't get snow and when it does snow it doesn't set or turns to slush:(
Apart from last year where I got a whole week off due to icy roads and snow!!

I'm not a fan of winter, I love being warm during that season-so I'll find myself playing games more often around that time too. I remember the good times I had playing WW in the winter. It seems for me, I play most heavily when I'm on school breaks. I never have time during school. and besides, it would not make sense to be inside playing games during seasons such as fall and spring where everything is so pretty and colorful outside!

But, there's something about winter..so many good memories in those times. it does sound nice.

Last edited:
Where I live we have all 4 seasons and are able to enjoy each to the fullest.... Lol we get the heat in summer, the colors in fall, the satisfaction of spring, and the beauty of winter.

The perfect time to play animal crossing new leaf is anytime. Anytime? Anytime. Even while asleep? Yes.

I'd consider that the perfect time to read a book or work on a novel/screenplay. :]

For me, the perfect time to play AC is on a relaxing morning/early afternoon, while still half asleep and enjoying a cup of Tetley tea. :)

I prefer playing in Winter, too. :) I just love the winter atmosphere in AC with the snow, the snowmans etc... Plus, when it's snowing in real life too that's just awesome :) Can't wait for winter!

The perfect time to play animal crossing new leaf is anytime. Anytime? Anytime. Even while asleep? Yes.

^

But seriously, I like playing late at night before bed. I find that 11 pm has my very favorite music and atmosphere in-game, but I'm old and have to get up early for work so I rarely get to enjoy that lol

Sounds nice, but it barely snows over here (which is a good thing, since the power almost always goes out when it snows more than a half a foot due to our state never being prepared for any semi-harsh weather), so I'll probably just be enjoying the snow in-game only.

Back