• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your tips on moving someone out?

thunderstar100

Bells
I need to fill some spaces for my dream villagers, and sell some of my other villagers, any tips on how to get them to move out or is it random?

I've heard, but never tried, this method: TT one day forward, talk to all the villagers you want to keep. TT another day forward, talk to all the villagers you want to keep. TT back two days to original day, villager you didn't talk to should ping to move. I don't know for myself if it works, but I've heard good things about it.

I've heard, but never tried, this method: TT one day forward, talk to all the villagers you want to keep. TT another day forward, talk to all the villagers you want to keep. TT back two days to original day, villager you didn't talk to should ping to move. I don't know for myself if it works, but I've heard good things about it.

What I do. Wolfgang and Lionel are gone now thanks to this method.

Also, create a new character, introduce yourself to everyone [including who you want to leave] and don't talk to that one you want to leave ever again. Only talk to the ones who you want to keep. Once that's done, do what you want with this character.

I'm going to have to try this. I've been ignoring Quillson for a week and he's still in town.

I'm going to have to try this. I've been ignoring Quillson for a week and he's still in town.

Same thing happened to me with Skye. Tried something RedTropicalFish sent me and she was out the next day.

I'll try the 1 day, 1 day, 2 days back thing for moving Rosie out on my second game.

My current method is bits and pieces from all known methods/tips, basically what I do is this:

- Start with 10 villagers (could work at 9 but idk, I use 10), this means that your village is capped, and is going to be pushing villagers OUT. I'm trying to get Stitches out ASAP, so even if I want someone else to leave, my plan is to keep telling all the animals to "Stay" until the desired one (Stitches) offers to leave.

I know you're supposed to ignore villagers, but I find that if you ignore them over a week, they do not Ping which means people could sneak out without notice (and I don't want that because I'm giving the animal away, so I need a moving date from them), which means ignoring isn't going to work.

But I don't give them too much attention. I keep one safety net character (someone I'm close to and talk up--They will tell me if there's a Rumor about x villager thinking about leaving). And the rest, I talk to once a week.

Now, when I log into the game, I first chat up my safety net, if nothing is up, then I run around and try to ping villagers. Usually they may ping you for simply logging into the game. If I want to make absolutely sure I haven't missed anything, I use the Ping trick (also the method people use for getting PWP's), and go run around and see if anyone will ask about moving. If not, I move onto the next day, usually 2 days at a time.

Now.. this part is just a theory but..

- Rosie pings you, and says she's moving on the 12th I want to keep her so I tell her to stay. I then Save & Quit, and then TT to the 13th, I personally find that people don't ping you about moving until after Rosie's alleged moving date has passed. I don't know if this is a safe jump, but I have done it quite a few times 3-4 days at a time, and people don't start asking to move until after that date. Again, not sure if it's true but it's working so far for me.

There are quite a few methods out there, but ultimately I say try things out and use one that works for you. I have heard high success rates with Bamdom's Guide (the one in my sig), and contrary, I've heard a lot of people losing villagers from 2 days forward, 2 days back. It's possible that people let things slip, and rush and lose a character through their own faults.. so as forumers we don't always know what to trust. But I think it's easiest to trust what works for you and feel what's good for you. So! Look up guides and try out what people say and see what's comfortable for you to find the best method for you!

I type way too much kill me now. ;A;

It usually takes me 3 in-game months and a lot of patience to get the one I want out.. I TT of course but 3 months is a lot to jump.. just be prepared and hope you get lucky haha.

Last edited:
You ignore them- well thats what they say- I have cherry reserved since the day she moved in and she still hasn't budged

Time travel 2 days forwards, save and quit, then time travel back two days. Walk around and someone will usually want to move it. Though it's almost always someone you're good friends with already.

So the method that works best for me is to make friends with the villager I want out, up to the point where I get invited over to their house. After that, I do the 2 days forward 2 day back method and it works for me.

Also, create a new character, introduce yourself to everyone [including who you want to leave] and don't talk to that one you want to leave ever again. Only talk to the ones who you want to keep. Once that's done, do what you want with this character.

This method just worked for me trying to get Soliel out. It takes about a week before they ask though and I'm not sure if TTing breaks it. (I don't TT)

Back