• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Resetting Thread

I kinda wanna reset since my map sucks and all, but I have had this town since the game first came out, and I have done so much with it. :( Caught all the fish, diving-thingys and bugs you can, gold exterior and all of that. I also have a couple of villagers I really like.

it's been said over and over again. If your map really bothers you.... just reset it because it will always keep bothering you. Fishes, bugs, villagers, you can get all over again... it'll take more work but the decision is ultimately up to you.

Question though, why don't you like your map?

it's been said over and over again. If your map really bothers you.... just reset it because it will always keep bothering you. Fishes, bugs, villagers, you can get all over again... it'll take more work but the decision is ultimately up to you.

Question though, why don't you like your map?

Yeah I don't really doubt that, hahah.

Not really sure, it's just a little messy and annoying. And the river is weird and I have two "branches" where I can't really place anything special.

Last edited:
wELP I'm thinking of resetting....again. It turns out I forgot that I can't move my house once I place it, and I can't move my campsite. I just want to know if this map would bother anyone?

iPhoneUpload (1).jpg

Last edited:
@Corgi You're house placement for me personally would really bother me. Yes it's super convenient to have it so close to the main street and train station, but you put it in an awkward spot so you really have no room around your house. I would want space around my house to do decorations or something like that.

wELP I'm thinking of resetting....again. It turns out I forgot that I can't move my house once I place it, and I can't move my campsite. I just want to know if this map would bother anyone?

View attachment 31136

I would be bothered with the town hall and Re-tail placement. I don't like them above each other, gives you too much space you can't work with.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Having Treetop for a week now and I already have two PWPs requested! The hammock and the sphinx.

@ Corgi

I would recommend resetting, along with everything everyone else said, theres also a big strip of beach that you can't access unless you swim there which makes fishing hard.

Last edited:
Thinking of resetting mainly because kind of meh layout and never getting my dreamies anyways. and this camp site hates me 4 reals

would opening a new thread asking people to hold my villagers be okay?? i have all of my dreamies and i don't want to lose them so...

Argh, im resetting but i really don't want to loose my villagers, making people hold them is such a pain when you want to reset SO BADLY.

It's my new towns one week anniversary tomorrow :)
I still love it and have started plot resetting my dreamies
Lolly is in the perfect spot now, but I only had to plot reset one time for her XD

Thinking about restarting my town...again

I loved my new town for a while, I only restarted in February, but now I'm starting to dislike my town. I don't like where I placed some PWPs, I don't like where certain villagers are placed (Like Ken, Stitches, and Agnes).

My town would be a month old tomorrow, I'm somewhat a fan of the layout, but now I wish I could change it. Plus my house is 100% completed, and I have most of the shops on main street plus most of my dreamies.

I don't know, I'm not a fan of Elysium anymore. It was meant to be a roman empire theme, but my heart goes out for zen things. The name was inspired by my boyfriends love of ancient Rome, like he is a huge buff about it, but it doesn't even fit my town theme.

Maybe I will reset tonight, then I could pick up Ankha from a friend instead of doing a 16 villager cycle.. Hm..

What do you all think? I know at this point it's all up to me, but I've had so much money spent and invested into my house.

What do you all think? I know at this point it's all up to me, but I've had so much money spent and invested into my house.

How long have you been thinking about resetting? From your post, I think you should reset - but if you haven't thought about it much, maybe sleep on it and weigh the pros and cons.

I loved my new town for a while, I only restarted in February, but now I'm starting to dislike my town. I don't like where I placed some PWPs, I don't like where certain villagers are placed (Like Ken, Stitches, and Agnes).

My town would be a month old tomorrow, I'm somewhat a fan of the layout, but now I wish I could change it. Plus my house is 100% completed, and I have most of the shops on main street plus most of my dreamies.

I don't know, I'm not a fan of Elysium anymore. It was meant to be a roman empire theme, but my heart goes out for zen things. The name was inspired by my boyfriends love of ancient Rome, like he is a huge buff about it, but it doesn't even fit my town theme.

Maybe I will reset tonight, then I could pick up Ankha from a friend instead of doing a 16 villager cycle.. Hm..

What's your map layout? PWP's can be removed.

am i being too picky?
here are the things i am NOT willing to compromise:
circle grass
apples (i suppose i could live with cherries, they were my desired fruit in the previous games, but perfect apples are so pretty!)
western beach
no more than 2 ponds, and definitely no pond in front of the train station
lots of space for PWPs

the few times i've had all of my requirements have been ruined by horribly placed rocks. this is so frustrating =/

am i being too picky?
here are the things i am NOT willing to compromise:
circle grass
apples (i suppose i could live with cherries, they were my desired fruit in the previous games, but perfect apples are so pretty!)
western beach
no more than 2 ponds, and definitely no pond in front of the train station
lots of space for PWPs

the few times i've had all of my requirements have been ruined by horribly placed rocks. this is so frustrating =/

I don't exactly "get" what you mean. Are you just wondering if you're being too picky, or do you actually have a town and those are the things you want?
If you think you're being too picky, it's perfectly fine! I know many users that are, me being one of them. It's best if you try to eliminate some ideas if you have a really long list of things you want, but of what you have listed, it doesn't look like you're being too picky at all. Who doesn't want pretty much no ponds in town or lots of space for Public Works Projects? ^^
If you actually have a town and that's what you want, I recommend maybe showing us a layout. Or, as I've mentioned before, you can write down pros and cons and see if you want to reset. c:

Yeah I'm picky too with the layout, no smaller spaces in the upper corners etc. and picky af with villager since I'm a slow cycler when it comes to getting rid of villagers

So I'm curious. I've not actually reset yet, but wanted some second opinions about my map. I haven't actually had the game very long (it will be a month since I bought it in a week or so). But with that, I dunno how much my map may give me problems later, after I start filling it up with PWP.

Majority of the houses are of villagers that I either want to move out or will move after I get their picture, so you can ignore those. And the northern and southern most player houses are only placeholders.

wee.jpg

I think my only main problem is that while I love the placement of Re-Tail, Town Hall and Plaza, having the latter so far from the station bothers me sometimes

Thoughts?

Back