The Resetting Thread

Working on resetting my 2nd town
Main town is still the same, but I'm just using it to hold my Dreamies and hyrbids, items, ect...Till my 2nd town becomes my main one
Just started looking for the map again. Grrrrrr I know the perfect one rover just isn't finding it
Wish me luck! I'll post pics when I find it
Good luck! I've been resetting off and on since January 1st and JUST found the river shape I wanted. Rover wasn't very kind to me. ):

Omg guys..
I was resetting for hours yesterday, but look what I just found
image.jpg
Pros-
1 Pond
Town hall away from retail
Pears
Left facing beach
Retail close to shore
River placement is exactly what I wanted.

Cons-
Town square is close to retail
Villagers are terrible

But other than that, I think I am keeping this map :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good luck! I've been resetting off and on since January 1st and JUST found the river shape I wanted. Rover wasn't very kind to me. ):

Good luck in your new town as well! :)

Omg guys..
I was resetting for hours yesterday, but look what I just found
View attachment 30284
Pros-
1 Pond
Town hall away from retail
Pears
Left facing beach
Retail close to shore
River placement is exactly what I wanted.

Cons-
Town square is close to retail
Villagers are terrible

But other than that, I think I am keeping this map :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good luck in your new town as well! :)

I love your map! :eek: It looks so perfect xwx Good luck with your town!

To answer your second question, except for the beginning when you start with 5, you can never have less than 8 villagers. Every time your 9th villager moves out another one will move in within a couple of days to a week. Depending if you have 9 or 10 villagers, you'll have to kick out 1 to 2 at a time and fill those spots with your dreamies and keep repeating until you have all of your desired villagers.

Thanks a lot!

I gotta stop settling for a map that I mostly like. I get so tired of talking to rover for hours, that I eventually go with one that has a couple big cons and then end up redoing my work in a couple days when I realize I can't live with it! Grrrrrr :(

I gotta stop settling for a map that I mostly like. I get so tired of talking to rover for hours, that I eventually go with one that has a couple big cons and then end up redoing my work in a couple days when I realize I can't live with it! Grrrrrr :(

I know exactly what you mean, I used to do this as well which is why it took me so long to find a map that I like now. :(

aurghhh i really want to restart now, and make my cycling my main town and my main town my cycling. however, i don't want to lose the big tree that i have, and the shop upgrades and etc. D:

aurghhh i really want to restart now, and make my cycling my main town and my main town my cycling. however, i don't want to lose the big tree that i have, and the shop upgrades and etc. D:

Mabe you can TT a bit on your main and move that to your cycling :3
Then you can transfer items from your main to your cycling
There you go~ no reset required

Mabe you can TT a bit on your main and move that to your cycling :3
Then you can transfer items from your main to your cycling
There you go~ no reset required

yes, but i would like my main town to have the big tree. > n < i guess that's impossible if i want to reset, haha. also, lolly is being stubborn and won't move out, so i have to wait until i can tt her out to my current main town. D: and then the whole process of moving my old main town's villagers to my new main town will take a while, but i suppose it shouldn't take too long because almost all my dreamies are in my old town, so, yeah. xD

new map chimeria mar 3 2014.jpg

okay, i reset this morning and i got this map. i like it so far! i just wish the town hall was on the north side and the event plaza not too near the train station. other than that, this map is cool. :)

Last edited:
View attachment 30456

okay, i reset this morning and i got this map. i like it so far! i just wish the town hall was on the north side and the event plaza not too near the train station. other than that, this map is cool. :)

Oooo, I really love your layout. I kinda like how the plaza is by the station in terms of if you ever hosted a giveaway. I usually use my plaza to put all the items on. So it's nice that it's not far from where people come in. :3
I love where you chose to build your house (exactly where I would of put it too lol).

Yeah.. i resetted my map for 2 months+ when the game first released til i finally settled on a map that had majority of the things i wanted or else I'd probably still be resetting at this moment. You should make a list of MUST HAVES and LIKE TO HAVE, it'll make it a little easier.

The only thing my town doesn't have that i would like is apples... I really liked the look of perfect apples but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. And possibly if my town plaza was more centered, but i ended up liking the location because now I always walk past it so i'll know if redd or katrina is visiting and many of my villagers hang out there.

Last edited:
Currently resetting my second copy for a town with Fauna so that I can bring her over to my main town.
I feel so smart.

I'm so glad im content with my 2nd town especially and i was so lucky with starters
1 month today since i started it

I haven't had a ACNL town since probably the beginning of December, maybe even the end of November. I took a long hiatus from it because I had INSANE resetting problems. I mean, it was really, really bad. It was severe. So after a long while, ACNL slipped my mind and even more time passed, which is exactly what I needed. I forgot all the hype about villagers, and certain map features, and fruits, and grass patterns.. And all those silly little details. And on February 28th, as I was cleaning my room, I found my ACNL cartridge (I hid it, just to stop my temptation to go to it and reset when bored), and I started it up and took one of the first 4 maps given to me. I believe it was the 2nd. I didn't even look for features, I literally just saw that it had a West Beach and confirmed it to Rover. I used to ALWAYS have an East Beach, this is my first town with a West one.
I adore my town. I've had it for 5 days now, which may not seem like a while to you, but I was a horrible serial resetter and I reset as quickly as ten minutes after having a town. So 5 days? That's pretty great, coming from my track record. I hope I can keep it up and let that number grow.
My town is so beautiful to me. I have 7 villagers so far, and all 8 of them I have never had in an ACNL town before. They are all new to me. I have had Opal and Chow before, but that was way back in the Gamecube version. I used to HATE them, so freaking much, but after meeting them in my ACNL town, I've softened on them and I'm really starting to like them. I mean, Opal was my most loathed villager, I hated her for so long, she was literally the type of villager if I saw in my town, I'd reset immediately because I couldn't stand her. Now I'm really starting to like her. ^^
My town has apples as it's native fruit, which is awesome because out of the five fruits; apples are my favorite one in real life. I also have circle grass, which I completely forgot over my hiatus that grass could have patterns, so I didn't really care which pattern, but circles look awesome. I have a huge amount of land space all around for PWPS, I have two ponds, and I have an island I've placed my house on. I'll upload a map soon.

I'm just so happy that I waited to get this town. A hiatus was exactly what I needed.

Last edited:
I haven't had a ACNL town since probably the beginning of December, maybe even the end of November. I took a long hiatus from it because I had INSANE resetting problems. I mean, it was really, really bad. It was severe. So after a long while, ACNL slipped my mind and even more time passed, which is exactly what I needed. I forgot all the hype about villagers, and certain map features, and fruits, and grass patterns.. And all those silly little details. And on February 28th, as I was cleaning my room, I found my ACNL cartridge (I hid it, just to stop my temptation to go to it and reset when bored), and I started it up and took one of the first 4 maps given to me. I believe it was the 2nd. I didn't even look for features, I literally just saw that it had a West Beach and confirmed it to Rover. I used to ALWAYS have an East Beach, this is my first town with a West one.
I adore my town. I've had it for 5 days now, which may not seem like a while to you, but I was a horrible serial resetter and I reset as quickly as ten minutes after having a town. So 5 days? That's pretty great, coming from my track record. I hope I can keep it up and let that number grow.
My town is so beautiful to me. I have 7 villagers so far, and all 8 of them I have never had in an ACNL town before. They are all new to me. I have had Opal and Chow before, but that was way back in the Gamecube version. I used to HATE them, so freaking much, but after meeting them in my ACNL town, I've softened on them and I'm really starting to like them. I mean, Opal was my most loathed villager, I hated her for so long, she was literally the type of villager if I saw in my town, I'd reset immediately because I couldn't stand her. Now I'm really starting to like her. ^^
My town has apples as it's native fruit, which is awesome because out of the five fruits; apples are my favorite one in real life. I also have circle grass, which I completely forgot over my hiatus that grass could have patterns, so I didn't really care which pattern, but circles look awesome. I have a huge amount of land space all around for PWPS, I have two ponds, and I have an island I've placed my house on. I'll upload a map soon.

I'm just so happy that I waited to get this town. A hiatus was exactly what I needed.

I know what you mean, after resetting for my map for 2/3 months, then i had to plot reset my villagers. I got burnt out QUICK and i stopped playing. But i'm back after a 4 month hiatus and I loveee the game again. I can actually play with my dreamies that i worked so hard for and enjoy the map that i resetted months for.

Your town is perfect - circle grass, apples, west beach... Jealous! Glad you have a town you like though c:

welp. apparently, the bridge i want to build is too close to my house... :'( this sucks. i really needed this bridge placement!! aurghh
no bridge.jpg

I kinda wanna reset since my map sucks and all, but I have had this town since the game first came out, and I have done so much with it. :( Caught all the fish, diving-thingys and bugs you can, gold exterior and all of that. I also have a couple of villagers I really like.

Back