• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Resetting Thread

Guys I'm resetting for Lobo, Papi, or Kiki.. But I got a really good lay-out with Annaise, Rosie and Lolly...

Should I keep it?

Do you think Rosie + Lolly > Kiki? Or to be more specific, Lolly > Kiki for a Normal Cat? Personally I think it's worth it, but my mind may be changed depending on how the map looks.

Don't get me wrong I love my town and my villagers, and it would be a pain trying to get them back but for some reason I'm not all that happy with my town.
It just hit me that some stuff is in locations that I don't like.
I've had this town for so long but..
I have a bunch of furniture that I would hate to give up ;0;
There's not a lot of room for future PWPs really that I see...

Don't get me wrong I love my town and my villagers, and it would be a pain trying to get them back but for some reason I'm not all that happy with my town.
It just hit me that some stuff is in locations that I don't like.
I've had this town for so long but..
I have a bunch of furniture that I would hate to give up ;0;
There's not a lot of room for future PWPs really that I see...

There are some trustworthy people in this site that can help you hold your stuff, and maybe even your villagers for you.

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!

I found a twn with Lobo in it :), the house placement is great and the map is good enough..
Now I need to look for Kiki and Papi :).

Found it. ;-; I've been restarting since June 9th and I've finally found it. I've had several towns where I've kept them for about 2 or 3 days, and even one that I kept for almost 3 weeks, but other than those, I've been restarting every spare minute I have. And I'm absolutely sick of it. I'm getting sick just typing the word 'reset'. -shivers- But I found it. It was worth it, but.. It took for-EVER and I feel like a crazy person looking back at how long I've been doing this. -twitch- But whatever. Now I'm ecstatically happy and it was worth it.

If I even get the slightest urge to restart, I'm forcing myself not to. I'll either put the 3DS down and walk away, or wifi with someone to get my mind off it. The first week or two is the hardest. If I can just get through that long without resetting, it'll be smooth sailing from then on.

Yes, I realize I have issues. lol

But I finally found my permanent town. ♥

Is that your town in your sig. Looks like mine except mirrored, with re-tail where town hall is, plaza where re-tail is, and town hall where your plaza is. xD

Last edited:
Im resetting tomorrow, I just wasn't happy with my layout and I tried everything I could

Also getting the new ridiculously pink XL console, I cant for it to burn my eyes XD haha

Is that your town in your sig. Looks like mine except mirrored, with re-tail where town hall is, plaza where re-tail is, and town hall where your plaza is. xD

Yes it is. c: And oh wow, that's pretty cool. Don't you just love the layout of the river? It's so efficient and quick for fishing. No knots or loops or annoying curves. Lovelovelove itttt. ♥ The only problem I'm having is deciding where to put the Cafe. I think I'll put the Police Station to the left of the Gate, or maybe near the beach, but the Cafe.. I dunno. There's a huge open space to the right of the Town Hall, so maybe in that general idea. I dunno. We'll see. x3

Last edited:
I think I'm going to restart my town, as I don't really like the layout/villagers any more, bar Kiki and she's going to my best friend's town as soon as she's packed. I haven't really done much apart from build a bridge and a campsite, so I wouldn't really be missing much anyway...

Advice on Resetting town.

Hey guys,

I've been thinking of resetting my town for a while now, simply because I have a lot of things I'm not happy with, such as I have all the villagers I don't even want..Re-tail is too far from everything, and I'm a but iffy on my town layout. BUT, I have a lot of shops unlocked, Got a bunch of badges.

I have a friend who is willing to hold my stuff if I end up resetting.

The real question is, What are the pro's and con's of resetting your town?

I would love to hear any advice!
Should I not do it and just stick with my current town, and it will eventually get better?

If you guys get too many of these posts...Sorry for making this one! D: I just want to hear what others think.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I've been thinking of resetting my town for a while now, simply because I have a lot of things I'm not happy with, such as I have all the villagers I don't even want..Re-tail is too far from everything, and I'm a but iffy on my town layout. BUT, I have a lot of shops unlocked, Got a bunch of badges.

I have a friend who is willing to hold my stuff if I end up resetting.

The real question is, What are the pro's and con's of resetting your town?

I would love to hear any advice!
Should I not do it and just stick with my current town, and it will eventually get better?

If you guys get too many of these posts...Sorry for making this one! D: I just want to hear what others think.

My advice? Only do it if you're absolutely sure.

You're looking at someone who was unhappy with the layout and reset... then reset the next town.. then the next one.. then the one after that. I was literally addicted to resetting until I found the perfect town. Of course, it was near impossible for a town to have everything I wanted.

I spent 2 months resetting and reset a total of 9,500 times (I'm not proud xP) until I gave up and left the game for a few weeks.

So, I would stick with you town and try to learn to love it or you could end up ruining the game for yourself..

But, if you're not too picky then it might be worth it, especially if someone is willing to hold on to your stuff.

Just don't make the same mistake I did, I can't tell you how much I regret resetting that first town. I hated it at the time but now that it's gone, I really miss it! And even with the town I have now, where I forced myself to stick with the first town I got, I'm constantly fighting the urge to reset it!

Last edited:
I reset today. My second time.
My first town I reset during a meds adjustment period and vastly regretting it once that was sorted. I played my second town until today. Got most shops unlocked, and tons of badges but just... Not happy with my layout, my villagers, my house and my character. So I reset. Really like my current town, not so cramped. Not crazy about many of my villagers, but I have Bam which is a good start. .u.

EEEE OMG
I came across a town with Bree, Flurry, Papi, Sly, and Cesar
I think we found a keeper ~

Last edited:
I'm not going to reset xD
I'm going to 'accidently lose my current Animal Crossing Game'
So my mom will let me buy another ;D
Then a few days later (or weeks) ima tell her I found it XD

I think I might be catching a wiff of the resetting bug. I see people with those amazing towns with the big areas for PWP's and my winding river just doesn't allow that. At first I was like, big, winding river = cool landscape, but really it's just a pain. I barely fish anymore anyways.
I have a lot of my dreamies, and some really nice patterns, furniture and landscaping...but errrgh.

i dunno...I don't want to lose progress but I wanna enjoy this game to the fullest, if I'm playing it year round.
What do you guys think?

I'm not going to reset xD
I'm going to 'accidently lose my current Animal Crossing Game'
So my mom will let me buy another ;D
Then a few days later (or weeks) ima tell her I found it XD

I've done that before. It's best to stick to weeks. :cool:

I think I might be catching a wiff of the resetting bug. I see people with those amazing towns with the big areas for PWP's and my winding river just doesn't allow that. At first I was like, big, winding river = cool landscape, but really it's just a pain. I barely fish anymore anyways.
I have a lot of my dreamies, and some really nice patterns, furniture and landscaping...but errrgh.

i dunno...I don't want to lose progress but I wanna enjoy this game to the fullest, if I'm playing it year round.
What do you guys think?
Why not try incorporating the river into your PWP plans? For example, if you wanted to make a park, have a bridge be a focal point.
It's a little more challenging to do than when you have a wide open area, but the greater challenge can be fun.

Also, I'd try avoiding where you're seeing these towns (Dream Suite, tumblr, WiFi) for a while. I find that the more time I spend looking at others' towns, the less satisfied I am with mine. It reminds me of the whole "Keeping up with the Joneses" phenomenon.

No regrets on my reset. Keaton moved in and I am in love. <3
My town is super open [and i hope it stays that way].

I decided to reset as I wasn't happy with my old town's layout - very windy river, 4 large ponds & large private beach that I never went to.

On my first try, I got a town map which is much better - the river runs almost straight across town & lots of space for PWPs.

The villagers are nearly all tiny ones so far - 2 hamsters (Flurry & Soleil), 2 squirrels (Peanut & Filbert) and Curt - the big bad boy.

The down side is you forget how long it takes to get all the shops upgraded...

I forgot to water my flowers yesterday and I had a lot gone today
It makes me want to restart.
I also took my river into account and thought it takes up too much space, so I can't work around my town properly. Should I restart?

Back