• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Resetting Thread

This goes in here I think, it's about resetting.

I've been doing the camper reset trick all day and so far I've not not had a camper. Anyone know why this is? It's so weird, literally every time gives a camper.

Farobi: if your desire to reset is so strong that you wrote a whole text about it I'd say you should do it.
I'm a serial resetter (lol) and though I currently do have a town I really like I still think "wha I kinda want something New...' sometimes ...but! one moment later I always come to the point where I can say that I do love my town and don't even know what kind of layout I'd rather have.

And I think if that doesn't happen und you think and think and think about restarting like I did with all the other towns
I used to habe...you should do it.
It's not that hard to unlock shops etc and the game is definitely more fun when you really like your town :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

This goes in here I think, it's about resetting.

I've been doing the camper reset trick all day and so far I've not not had a camper. Anyone know why this is? It's so weird, literally every time gives a camper.

Did you just build the camp site?
I noticed that on first or second day after you build it you always get a camper!
Also there are random days where chances are higher to get one! So if your camp site is not "New" you're just very very lucky^^

Last edited:
I've been resetting for weeks, and it's really getting annoying. ._. I just want a town and I just want to play the game. But at this point, I've been resetting for so long that I might as well continue until I find 'the one'. It's taking forever though. :/

Last edited:
I'm resetting now, too, but I'm really optimistic right now. :) I'm not THAT picky, though.

Restarting my town!!

Eeep! I need drastic help with a dilemma I'm juggling around in my head.

Basically. I've noticed a lot of users on here have really personalized their towns in the sense of the town name, the villagers who inhabit it, public work projects, layouts, items, clothing, character appearance.

I know that the majority of the things I've mentioned can be easily changed to suit my tastes... but it is the things I cannot change which is slightly problematic. Since the beginning of the game I have dreamed of a Japanese town... However the game mechanics have become stressful such as villagers requests for public work projects. I've tried so hard and I've given up trying which means I have tons of unwanted public works scattered across my town.

With a fresh start, I can personalize my town name, re-try to get the map and villagers I want and have decent enough villagers I can exchange with other members (right now my villager rooster is terrible).

Do you guys reckon it is a good idea?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh no. I'm sorry I didn't post this in the "Reset thread" I didn't see.

Anyway, i need help people :(

^Well, there's no guarantee that you'll have an easier time getting the PWPs you want in the new town. And you can always demolish those unwanted PWPs. As for villagers, if you can get one to move out, you can use the reset trick until you get a dream villager or a villager you could use to trade for a dream villager.

But if the name of your town and your town map is bugging you to the point that it's hampering your ability to enjoy the game (and you won't find the process of unlocking everything again tedious), then I guess resetting is the only way to fix that. If you go that route, just be careful to not catch the chronic resetting plague that many of us have experienced.

Eeep! I need drastic help with a dilemma I'm juggling around in my head.

Basically. I've noticed a lot of users on here have really personalized their towns in the sense of the town name, the villagers who inhabit it, public work projects, layouts, items, clothing, character appearance.

I know that the majority of the things I've mentioned can be easily changed to suit my tastes... but it is the things I cannot change which is slightly problematic. Since the beginning of the game I have dreamed of a Japanese town... However the game mechanics have become stressful such as villagers requests for public work projects. I've tried so hard and I've given up trying which means I have tons of unwanted public works scattered across my town.

With a fresh start, I can personalize my town name, re-try to get the map and villagers I want and have decent enough villagers I can exchange with other members (right now my villager rooster is terrible).

Do you guys reckon it is a good idea?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh no. I'm sorry I didn't post this in the "Reset thread" I didn't see.

Anyway, i need help people :(

If I were you, I'd most certainly restart. It's completely worth it in the long run. This way, you can rename your town/character name to what you wish, and pick a map and villagers that you really like. It's a fresh start at your dream, and it's very fun to have a blank canvas to work with. And a lot less stressful and time consuming than forcing yourself to deal with your current town.
The only negative thing I have to say about resetting, is that it's addictive. Just know this and try not to be TOO picky, because then you'll spend all your time (like me) resetting, and not enjoying the game. But I truly recommend that you restart, just be selective, but not too selective. c:
Whatever route you chose, I wish you the best of luck.

Is there any reason why my incoming villagers won't move into certain spots? I'm resetting for two potential ones, and there's two great spacious areas I want them to move into, but everyone keeps avoiding them. Why?

Instead of resetting my lovely forever town, I have a secondary copy of the game for my resetting purposes.

I really recommend it for people. You can use it for villagers/trading/resetting/themed dream towns/storage/fun/time travel/etc.

I'm downloading a second copy right now so I can TT and stuff, as I don't on my current town ^^

Is there any reason why my incoming villagers won't move into certain spots? I'm resetting for two potential ones, and there's two great spacious areas I want them to move into, but everyone keeps avoiding them. Why?

The same happens to me! It's so annoying..
I have four areas I want them to move into, two are near a bridge and one is where another villager used to live so it should be possible to move there! The fourth area has enough space as well... Well I'll keep trying

I'm not sure if I want to reset. My layout's alright, but villagers are placing there houses right where I want to place PWPs and a flower meadow. I've also got oranges as my native fruit, which I'm not a fan of. Although, on the other hand, my museum is quite full in the bug and fish exhibits. I need advice! :confused:

I'm not sure if I want to reset. My layout's alright, but villagers are placing there houses right where I want to place PWPs and a flower meadow. I've also got oranges as my native fruit, which I'm not a fan of. Although, on the other hand, my museum is quite full in the bug and fish exhibits. I need advice! :confused:

Do you have any valuables, such as unorderables and the like? If so, do you have the ability to let someone hold them for you if you plan on resetting? Because i really want to not put my hard work to waste when i reset my file haha.

I think you should just wait and let them move. If you don't want to start over with collecting the bugs and fish, why would you want to restart?

Do you have any valuables, such as unorderables and the like? If so, do you have the ability to let someone hold them for you if you plan on resetting? Because i really want to not put my hard work to waste when i reset my file haha.
I've reset now. I only had a Fireworks Table which I can call 'rare' and I'll just get another one from the post office. My new village is great!

Found it. ;-; I've been restarting since June 9th and I've finally found it. I've had several towns where I've kept them for about 2 or 3 days, and even one that I kept for almost 3 weeks, but other than those, I've been restarting every spare minute I have. And I'm absolutely sick of it. I'm getting sick just typing the word 'reset'. -shivers- But I found it. It was worth it, but.. It took for-EVER and I feel like a crazy person looking back at how long I've been doing this. -twitch- But whatever. Now I'm ecstatically happy and it was worth it.

If I even get the slightest urge to restart, I'm forcing myself not to. I'll either put the 3DS down and walk away, or wifi with someone to get my mind off it. The first week or two is the hardest. If I can just get through that long without resetting, it'll be smooth sailing from then on.

Yes, I realize I have issues. lol

But I finally found my permanent town. ♥

Last edited:
Currently resetting to position Tutus house.

I have a horse shoe shaped river, and her house keeps showing up in the corner, which annexes her away from everyone. there is NO ONE with a house anywhere near there. So I'm trying to get her closer to where everyone else is.

We're on about 10 resets right now... only 3 times has she not been in that upper corner, and the other times she's completely wiped out paths or been in the opposite corner V_V

Found it. ;-; I've been restarting since June 9th and I've finally found it. I've had several towns where I've kept them for about 2 or 3 days, and even one that I kept for almost 3 weeks, but other than those, I've been restarting every spare minute I have. And I'm absolutely sick of it. I'm getting sick just typing the word 'reset'. -shivers- But I found it. It was worth it, but.. It took for-EVER and I feel like a crazy person looking back at how long I've been doing this. -twitch- But whatever. Now I'm ecstatically happy and it was worth it.

If I even get the slightest urge to restart, I'm forcing myself not to. I'll either put the 3DS down and walk away, or wifi with someone to get my mind off it. The first week or two is the hardest. If I can just get through that long without resetting, it'll be smooth sailing from then on.

Yes, I realize I have issues. lol

But I finally found my permanent town. ♥

Yay! I'm so happy you finally found your town!
Believe me, I know that feeling... when you realize you bought the game ~3 months ago and all you did with it was resetting. I did that, too. In the end I just forced myself to take one of the first four maps. And I lucked out :p I didn't get the layout I've been resetting for all this time, but a very similiar one. I like it. I still have the urge to reset sometimes, but... I tell myself I can get a second copy if I want to start afresh.

I love your villagers by the way... Especially Caroline, Sparro and Alfonso <3

Guys I'm resetting for Lobo, Papi, or Kiki.. But I got a really good lay-out with Annaise, Rosie and Lolly...

Should I keep it?

Guys I'm resetting for Lobo, Papi, or Kiki.. But I got a really good lay-out with Annaise, Rosie and Lolly...

Should I keep it?

Do you think Rosie + Lolly > Kiki? Or to be more specific, Lolly > Kiki for a Normal Cat? Personally I think it's worth it, but my mind may be changed depending on how the map looks.

Back