• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Resetting Thread

I spent around an hour reseting and I found an almost perfect map. ^^ The only flaw is I was hoping for a west-facing beach, but oh well, I'm happy just to get the river layout I was looking for. Then I was pleasantly surprised to see Tia waiting to greet me at the station! :D

4077D91A-161E-4CE2-89E9-932B99C3A004-11475-000002E87DBEC2AE_zpsc2ba9c3b.jpg

First post here, hi! :)

I think I could use a second opinion or something about the possibility of restarting... First, the things I've grown to hate:

-River layout with useless, thin strips of land in north and west
-Re-Tail a little too far from the dock
-Split beach
-Generally cramped layout that makes placing PWPs hard
-Oranges as native fruit
-Beach on right

Things I like:

-The blue train station
-The blue town hall (I love the interior)
-Circle grass
-Villagers that are above average (Hamphrey, Chief, Zucker, Marshal, Zell, Diana, Phoebe, Skye, Rosie and Bianca)
-T&T Emporium
-Lots of donations in museum
-And lots of PWPs unlocked...

I'm really not sure what to do here, maybe I need a second game or something. :eek:
If you have the money for it, I'd buy a second copy. That way you don't lose everything while you go through the process of finding a good map/native fruit/grass, in case you change your mind.

I spent around an hour reseting and I found an almost perfect map. ^^ The only flaw is I was hoping for a west-facing beach, but oh well, I'm happy just to get the river layout I was looking for. Then I was pleasantly surprised to see Tia waiting to greet me at the station! :D

I love your map! So much space for pwps. I like the beach on the right aide better than the left.

I have a question about resetting - when you reset, do you lose your character and their bells as well? So you completely start from scratch?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because I'm going to reset, I just need to know whether I need to get my alternative account to hold my bells/items for me as well, or just my villagers

I have a question about resetting - when you reset, do you lose your character and their bells as well? So you completely start from scratch?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because I'm going to reset, I just need to know whether I need to get my alternative account to hold my bells/items for me as well, or just my villagers

Yep, you lose everything. It's like your character and town never existed once you reset. So if you want to still have your bells/items/villagers, you'll need to have them transferred to another town.

Yep, you lose everything. It's like your character and town never existed once you reset. So if you want to still have your bells/items/villagers, you'll need to have them transferred to another town.

Is it possible to move my mayor character out into another "holding" town, then transfer her back to the new town with all of her catalogue and badges intact?

- - - Post Merge - - -

And thank you for your answer!

I love your map! So much space for pwps. I like the beach on the right aide better than the left.

That's exactly why I went for it! :) I cycled through so many maps with fancy river shapes and realised that even though they look cool they really limit space. ><

I'm jealous of your villagers *-* And your river D:

- - - Post Merge - - -

And you've got the big beach space x_x Perfect for planting hybrids where villagers don't move on them. *Looks at Hamprey*

Last edited:
So glad i broke through the cycle of resetting
had my new town for a month now, and its still perfect and i love it :p

Part of me wants to reset... My husband's the mayor, but he hardly ever plays so we have hardly any public works projects. But then so many hours have already gone into my character I'm reluctant to do so.

...Buying a second copy though? There's an idea!

I'm not too keen on my layout/mayor's face any more, but I've done so much that I don't really want to reset. I can't afford a new game yet, but I'm very tempted...

I'm jealous of your villagers *-* And your river D:

- - - Post Merge - - -

And you've got the big beach space x_x Perfect for planting hybrids where villagers don't move on them. *Looks at Hamprey*

I'm very happy with my villagers! I was looking for Tia; and Roscoe was the latest addition to my dream villagers list (I've only ever had three in total - Lobo being the only one not included here) . :) But once I saw the river I decided I didn't care who the villagers would be... but I got lucky! ^^

Last edited:
I'm kinda going nuts lol. I can't seem to find peace in any town layout. I'll get a decent map, and one or two villagers I dig, but never am I 100% cool with it all. I also get peaches every time. My own fault I guess lol *sigh* (//.-)

I'm learning that resetting is a sick, sick disease that never seems to end LOL

Last edited:
I want to reset

My town map is not really ideal for placing PWPs and while my villagers are decent, I really wish I have a new set of them. My friend ITookYourWaffles resetted her town and has benefited from doing such an action. The problem for me is that she barely had any doubt on resetting because of her rly bad set of villagers, town map, items, her lil sister ruining everything she made etc. while I have a lot of unorderables and hybrids across my game. Here are details of my town, please place some insight because I wanna know what to do with my town >.<

Town Map: 1005355_1409092089310044_2130179929_n.jpg
Villagers : they're in my signature.
Minor Details: Native Apples, Brown Station, unlocked the TIY but barely shop there, unlocked Shampoodle but barely had any changes there, Circle Grass, and over 217 hours of play time.

My items are gonna get held by someone though if I reset.

Last edited:
I want to reset

My town map is horrid and while my villagers are decent, I really wish I have a new set of them. My friend ITookYourWaffles resetted her town and has benefited from doing such an action. The problem for me is that she barely had any doubt on resetting because of her rly bad set of villagers, town map, items, her lil sister ruining everything she made etc. while I have a lot of unorderables and hybrids across my game. Here are details of my town, please place some insight because I wanna know what to do with my town >.<

Town Map: View attachment 11014
Minor Details: Native Apples, Brown Station, unlocked the TIY but barely shop there, unlocked Shampoodle but barely had any changes there, Circle Grass, and over 217 hours of play time.

nooo not vesta! ;w;
youre map is better than mine but i dont like the big gap at the bottom >.<

Last edited:
nooo not vesta! ;w;
youre map is better than mine but i dont like the big gap at the bottom >.<

I probably am gonna give out some of the villagers I have to people that want them if I can. I really think it's my destiny to reset :O

But i dunno if i should give them out because they all have junk in their homes :/

Last edited:
I probably am gonna give out some of the villagers I have to people that want them if I can. I really think it's my destiny to reset :O

But i dunno if i should give them out because they all have junk in their homes :/
please reserve vesta for me then ^^ i dont care about their homes. im gonna send them a bunch of crap anyway haha

If you have the money for it, I'd buy a second copy. That way you don't lose everything while you go through the process of finding a good map/native fruit/grass, in case you change your mind.

This is what I ended up doing, and on the first try I got a layout I pretty much wanted with interesting river that ends south and vast open spaces. :) Also had apples as native fruit and triangle grass which looks nicer than circle, I think.

But I accidentally let Klaus sneak in, now I'm in the process of getting rid of him. ;)

I want to reset

My town map is not really ideal for placing PWPs and while my villagers are decent, I really wish I have a new set of them. My friend ITookYourWaffles resetted her town and has benefited from doing such an action. The problem for me is that she barely had any doubt on resetting because of her rly bad set of villagers, town map, items, her lil sister ruining everything she made etc. while I have a lot of unorderables and hybrids across my game. Here are details of my town, please place some insight because I wanna know what to do with my town >.<

Town Map: View attachment 11014

Bump ;w;

This is why making a thread on this is more better for more insight...

Back