• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Resetting Thread

I was resetting yesterday, resp. I am still resetting.

I always was like "that's not the best map, but it's okay". Since I played a while and noticed how crappy it really was I set a cut.
A friend's carrying my most important stuff and a few hybrids. I'm still not finished resetting. Doing it for around ~4 to 6 hours now. I hate it. The thing is that I'm annoyingly picky. I always got pears - now I hate them - I want apples! I've got a special river in my head and just won't accept another. Hope I'll get it soon. :(
It's so depressing.

(Here's my old map)
View attachment 16245

Yeap i know how you feel, i resetted for 2.5 weeks straight, 4-6 hours a day until I finally got my map. Everything was perfect EXCEPT that it didn't have apples but i got tired of resettin and took it. Even now though, i still wish i had perfect apples instead of cherries in my town.

Yeap i know how you feel, i resetted for 2.5 weeks straight, 4-6 hours a day until I finally got my map. Everything was perfect EXCEPT that it didn't have apples but i got tired of resettin and took it. Even now though, i still wish i had perfect apples instead of cherries in my town.

O dear. It's fine to hear that you got a perfect map, even w/o apples.
But you make me nervous, I just thought that I'm going to get my map today because.. Yeah, I resetted a thousand times now? Didn't know that it can take about 3 weeks lol!

O dear. It's fine to hear that you got a perfect map, even w/o apples.
But you make me nervous, I just thought that I'm going to get my map today because.. Yeah, I resetted a thousand times now? Didn't know that it can take about 3 weeks lol!

yeah i didnt expect it to take so long either, the person who was holding my things stopped playing acnl and i couldnt pick up my things nemore ahahah. My map didnt pop up that many times and when it did, it either had pear trees or a villager was where i wanted to put my house.

I'm just trying to get a new town when I see that I'm going to have apples by 100%.
You can see your townfruit in a screen before.
In the spoiler is a picture of the type of "screen" i mean.
20131029_143527.jpg

I already got my fav. town but that was the only time I didn't wait for the fruit to come up on top of screen..
And boohoo it was pears. I immediately resetted the game. Regretting this step now. :p
xxx1.jpg

I'm just trying to get a new town when I see that I'm going to have apples by 100%.
You can see your townfruit in a screen before.
In the spoiler is a picture of the type of "screen" i mean.

This isn't true, because a lot of times the load screen has a certain grass or fruit but when i start a new save file, it's not the same. So it's still worth a try to start a new save file even if the load screen shows a fruit you dont like.

So I finally got around to resetting, it took the best part of three days resetting before I finally found the perfect town. It even had two of my Dreamies, Tia and Peanut! The only thing that bugs me a little is how three of my villager houses are crowded around Re-tail but overall this is very minor issue that I can work around. I'm so happy I restarted, I recommend it to anyone who's thinking of doing it. :)

Last edited:
I finally got my dreamtown yesterday.
Look:
(Sorry for the poor quality, I'm still trying to push my Approval Rating *lol*)

Attachments

• 20131030_124944_resized.jpg
    20131030_124944_resized.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Awesome town map ^
I reset on the 28th and found a perfect map, including Merengue!
The fruit is cherries and personally, I love the look of them when perfect.

I've just reset today, and I'm really glad I did. I'm really happy with my map now, and I have Peaches and I like the colours of my Train Station and Town Hall. Those have been the main things I judge whilst I've been resetting the past week.

After my data corrupt on Halloween I've managed to reset 130 times now and I've not found a town I'm happy with. :/ Took me 115 when I first got the game, but after playing that town and loving it so much I've become really picky layout wise and have to have a horizontal river only running in the top 2 acres of town. And last time I wanted apples or cherries, but since my alt has cherries I'm now dead set on apples. ~ which has been the biggest issue. I've had pretty good layouts maybe 10% of the time, but only 1 had apples and that town had Bettina, Sheldon and 2 rocks which totally prevented me from putting my house where I wanted it. :/

So I'm a serial resetter. It's a serious problem, and with the generous help of a fellow forum member who called me out on it, I've reset my town for the final time. Even now I feel the little tug within me saying 'but that's just not right' 'you hate that fruit' ect. I mean, I got PEARS. I hate pears.. but I have someone now to push me through the problem. Pears are just one fruit, right? I can always plant others eventually. There's also small narrow bits of land which I can't stand but now I think they're sweet. The two ponds right next to eachother add a little character to the landscape. Even though I'm sat here right now wishing and hoping I could reset just one last time, I know eventually Laverre will be a beautiful town and that's what's keeping me going.

So I'm a serial resetter. It's a serious problem, and with the generous help of a fellow forum member who called me out on it, I've reset my town for the final time. Even now I feel the little tug within me saying 'but that's just not right' 'you hate that fruit' ect. I mean, I got PEARS. I hate pears.. but I have someone now to push me through the problem. Pears are just one fruit, right? I can always plant others eventually. There's also small narrow bits of land which I can't stand but now I think they're sweet. The two ponds right next to eachother add a little character to the landscape. Even though I'm sat here right now wishing and hoping I could reset just one last time, I know eventually Laverre will be a beautiful town and that's what's keeping me going.

Yepp exactly why i stuck with my map, it had all my requirements except the fruit and i was so close to reseting again to try for apples bc perfect apples are sooo nice looking on the trees but i decided against it. Im glad that you are starting to love your town.

Last edited:
I am going to possibly reset my town because I was annoyed into Time Traveling to get the island and other places faster by a certain person (who shame remain nameless) just so they could get the prize that I promised them for a Swapnote Contest.
BTW, swapnote is dead now due to some people(IDK who would do this.) sending inappropriate images to others.

Edit: 11/8/13
FigVille is gone! It's dream address will be erased in 1 month!
So for those who want to see that town, here is the Dream Address for it before it disappears forever.... 5100-2113-9700
Enjoy your Dream of FigVille before it is gone.

The Reason that I finally deleted FigVille was to start over from the top without cheating/Time Traveling to get the shops and island this time.

Last edited:
I am going to possibly reset my town because I was annoyed into Time Traveling to get the island and other places faster by a certain person (who shame remain nameless) just so they could get the prize that I promised them for a Swapnote Contest.
BTW, swapnote is dead now due to some people(IDK who would do this.) sending inappropriate images to others.

Edit: 11/8/13
FigVille is gone! It's dream address will be erased in 1 month!
So for those who want to see that town, here is the Dream Address for it before it disappears forever.... 5100-2113-9700
Enjoy your Dream of FigVille before it is gone.

The Reason that I finally deleted FigVille was to start over from the top without cheating/Time Traveling to get the shops and island this time.

I saw your Blog post over on the Blog Tree! Good luck with your town! :)

@MadisonCrossing: Thank you for the support. I'm trying to find a good map now but my town will be called DarkRose because I'm set on that town name.

I ended up resetting my town a few months ago. My previous map was terrible, with a river spitting up the beach and I didnt like where I'd built my house and quite frankly, I was never really a fan of pears >.>

But now I think I've got a really nice map with apples, and one looong beach. I'm pretty neutral about my neighbors and I don't like that the Re-Tail store is kind of in the corner by itself, but I think I can live with that :)

****ing bridges...I took one down that was central to the flow of my town, in order to rebuild it as a wooden bridge...but the game won't let me, because apparently, the cafe is too close...

What do I do...

I want to restart my town, but I have so much...my museum is almost complete, I've finished the catalog...and all my badges...I'll lose everything...

Last edited:
****ing bridges...I took one down that was central to the flow of my town, in order to rebuild it as a wooden bridge...but the game won't let me, because apparently, the cafe is too close...

What do I do...

I want to restart my town, but I have so much...my museum is almost complete, I've finished the catalog...and all my badges...I'll lose everything...

Maybe you could show us a map of your town? If you did that, I might be able to help you and see if there are any better spots for the bridge. :) But I don't think one bridge is worth resetting over.

There's no where else it can be built that looks nice. I've already tried.

Is there anyone at Nintendo to email about this? Maybe someone can do something. I need this bridge to be in this spot. It'll ruin the entire flow of my town if it isn't.

I was resetting a few weeks ago and just not finding anything, and realized that I was losing enthusiasm for the game because I couldn't find anything I was happy with. I traded my game for Pokemon on release day. I bought it again yesterday, and though I'm still resetting for a map I have so much new enthusiasm for the game already. I can't wait.

Here's to a new, PERMANENT, town!

Back