• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Resetting Thread

Guys i know I have talked about it before,I was wondering if i should reset my game for the Reset Center I hate the guy and stuff.
I want him in my town so i can reset to get his funny messages and screenshot them.
I also want to get his coffee wrong,iv'e seen all the videos I think it would be cool.

Thanks

Guys i know I have talked about it before,I was wondering if i should reset my game for the Reset Center I hate the guy and stuff.
I want him in my town so i can reset to get his funny messages and screenshot them.
I also want to get his coffee wrong,iv'e seen all the videos I think it would be cool.

Thanks
You do realize you don't need to restart your entire game to get it? Just turn off the game without saving and it will be added to the list of PWPs.

I know turn off the game thats what i ment.

The way you worded it + the thread you posted in made it seem like you were asking to restart everything. But since you clarified more, I'd say go for it.

Last edited:
That is what I felt when I started my first in Cypress.

Was that your town name too or are you meaning to talk to me? :eek: That's not how I worded it anyway...as you can see, the post isn't edited, and I would have fixed it. :confused: Sorry, I'm just a little confused...^^;

I'd never reset for anything.. it's just the officiality of having a June 14th town date.. :)

I wish I had kept my very first town from the 14th of June as well! If there is a Wii U Animal Crossing game, I'm determinded to not reset once I've started playing, no matter how much I start to dislike my town. I'll have to make it work, and I'll be proud when I get it to how I want. If any plans are ruined because of houses or rocks, I'll try to change them. If I can't make them work, I'll make new ones!

I did actually reset again last week, and I'm so much happier with my layout this time. The town overall is very close to perfect, actually! It's just a shame I didn't get apples as my fruit, or a blue train station. I got cherries and a green one instead, both of which were actually my second favourites. To my surprise, I got the exact town hall I wanted, and even the grass shape was my favourite (being triangles), although I didn't care about that much. Even my starting villagers were pretty good! I started with Al, Frank, Portia, Genji, and Bunnie. Bunnie is fairly close to my town hall, which is a bit annoying... but there's a rock near it anyway so I can't even go ahead with my plan of putting a fountain there regardless of Bunnie's house. Genji's house is near a bridge spot I wanted, but I like him so I may not get rid of him... who knows? And now I've managed to get my hands on Fauna, Zell, Mira, and Diana, all of whom are dreamies, and I'm so very happy with my town.

I'm very glad I did actually reset this one last time, and I hope it only gets better from here. :) Of course, I do still miss the fact I didn't create my town on the 14th of June, as well as all of the progress I had made and the villagers I had, but... hopefully this town will become even better. :)

I restarted because I disliked my map layout. The beach was cut in half thanks to the river and I really hated that. I placed my house on a stupid spot and I found my map just looking boring overall. I only focussed on collecting fish, fossils, furniture, clothes etc. I had no motivation to make it look pretty. But after I visited a town with a really nice looking map layout in the dreamsuit, I changed my mind. I wanted a beautiful town too and I knew I needed an another map layout if I wanted to let that happen.

I'm really happy wit my choice so far. I love the symmetrical look of my river without being too big or bulky and that it doesn't cut my beach in half. Yes, ofcourse there is still a 'private beach' area, but it's so small that I absolutely don't mind. I placed my house at a much better spot this time with a waterfall on the left side in my background. I only have two ponds instead of four and they aren't even placed annoyedly too. I also like that Re-tail and the townhall are placed closely next to each other and that the plaza isn't too faraway from them.

The only thing I dislike about my town are my villagers. Usually I'm not really picky about villagers, but the ones I have in my new town are just ugh.. Right now I have Violet, Alfonso, Kabuki, Hans, Annalisa, Pate, Mott and Tammy. The last two are okay, but I just don't like the other six. I'm really gonna miss Tia, Gloria, Carmen and Wolfgang.

Oh, well I can always ignore them and hopefully they move out as soon as possible, lol :p

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Last edited:
I have a question about resetting. The start up screen isn't an indicator for your new town right? Like, I want circle grass now that I found out about it so I would wait til I had circle grass on the start up screen then I would talk to Rover and all that. I never ended up with circle grass though. So I basically have to go through all the Rover stuff and actually go to the newly made town to see the grass type correct?

I have a question about resetting. The start up screen isn't an indicator for your new town right? Like, I want circle grass now that I found out about it so I would wait til I had circle grass on the start up screen then I would talk to Rover and all that. I never ended up with circle grass though. So I basically have to go through all the Rover stuff and actually go to the newly made town to see the grass type correct?

Yes , You go though the rover thing then see the grass.

Apparently wanting ...
a red roof for the train station
the mayor office and town square area being at the top of the map
retail being by the dock
not a super windy river
no oranges
circle grass

...is giving me a hard time finding a good map lol

ugh reading this thread is making me want to reset even more because of my town layout. I love all of my villagers and I love my town I put so much work in to paths and bushes and hybrids and everything and I can't bring myself to reset, but my town is so cramped, I have a winding river and there's a lot of wasted land because of it :I
Going to other people's towns makes me want to reset even more it feels as though their towns go on forever whereas it takes maybe 40 seconds to go through my entire town and to see everything. Maybe when I get paid I'll get a second copy so I don't have to completely abandon everything I worked for

Apparently wanting ...
a red roof for the train station
the mayor office and town square area being at the top of the map
retail being by the dock
not a super windy river
no oranges
circle grass

...is giving me a hard time finding a good map lol

I can't imagine. LOL.

As for the red roof of your train station .. you probably know but when you re-model your train station the roof no longer matters. That's kinda why I kept the map with the ugly orange/brown roof. My plan is to go fairytale.

Good luck finding your map. It's worth it in the end. *thumbs up* xo

I reset last night and I really actually like my town! I like the layout and I hope it works out this time ^_^

As for the red roof of your train station .. you probably know but when you re-model your train station the roof no longer matters. That's kinda why I kept the map with the ugly orange/brown roof. My plan is to go fairytale.

Why do I keep forgetting that?! But even so, I still tend to be picky. But that's reassured me quite a bit on my roof! All I really need to worry about are my villagers, my town hall, and maybe fruit, but that's about it. Time to update my list! :)

I'm having the hardest time deciding to reset or not. I really dislike my town layout, but I also don't want to give up my space theme I have going along with my golden series. Basically I'm on the fence of should I.

I'm having the hardest time deciding to reset or not. I really dislike my town layout, but I also don't want to give up my space theme I have going along with my golden series. Basically I'm on the fence of should I.

Your town layout really affects your town, but it also depends on everything else. Is there anything else you like or dislike? At the moment I can't really make up my mind quite yet, but if your layout was the only thing you disliked I would recommend keeping it.
It would be good if you showed us a picture of it, too, if it's the only thing you dislike. :)

Last edited:
Back