The Resetting Thread

Good that you decided to not restart! :)

Just a small reminder here ;)

Well, I'm hovering on the edge of restarting again, and I'm probably going to do it since I'm not having fun with this town anymore. And yeah, I said I was going to play for a year but unfortunately that probably not going to happen this time. I did play in this town for 4 months and for me, that's pretty impressive. Restarting the town is likely not the best way to play since you lose everything but ultimately, it's the player's decision whether they are willing to lose all their hard work.

For me, if restarting my town will make me have fun with this game again and play for longer than 5 minutes a day, then I will sell my town and restart in a heartbeat. A fresh start is usually what helps people get back into the groove of things.

Last edited:
I really wanna reset my town because I never get like two pwp I want, and the map is like the most annoying bend and spacey there is :| But hhh then I'll probably get crap and I'm too lazy to get everything again lol

Hey !
I kinda feel the same like I really wanna reset everything because I want my town to be like beautiful and not just rushed and my character to have correct eyes...
But at the same time I don't wanna loose all my items and all the things I hardly gained, all those fishes and bugs and I even got some of my dreamies.

But at the same time my town is full of amiibo card villagers so even if I don't like them they just won't leave and I will most likely never have any of my dreamy.

So I need some of you all's advice...Maybe one of you can hold some of my objects so I don't completely loose them or something because it's been hard to actually get them all.

Last edited:
Well... Normally, I didn't planed to reset my town, however, my town just got resetted
thanks to my cousin. I visited her today and she asked me if she could play with my DS.
Of course I said yes, not thinking that maybe something could happen while she's playing
with it. Because I had a few things to do, I left her alone with my DS for a few hours. Later,
I came back and wanted to pick up my DS, I asked her what she played in that time and
she said "Some Pokemon Shuffle. Oh! And Animal Crossing.". Now I thought that she maybe
just walked around through my town, talked with my villagers...

When I came home, I checked out my game and got shocked. Turns out that in that time,
where I was busy, she sold my town to Nook and just started a new town, her own one. Of
course there was no chance to get my back as she already saved in the new town, deleted
my town by that. ._. I asked her about that, she tought that when you sell your town to Nook
that you can get it back when you talked with him again... (Note: She doesn't really know much
about Animal Crossing, at least about New Leaf. She played only Wild World, a long time ago...).

Well, like I said, I didn't planed to reset my town, but guess I have to now, at least I reseted
the town my cousin made and started to search now for a new town. She apologized and was
very embarrassed by that, I took it with humor and said "Well, ***** happens!". ?\_(ツ)_/?

Omg ! Im so sorry about your town!
Did you already find a new map you like? :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I need some advice!
I've been resetting a long time now already, it seems I will never be satisfied lol
Its like an addiciton, but I also really wanna start to play!
Well, few days ago I found a map I like. I actually love the river shape, I have a lot of room, found a cute place for my house, got a private beach and I was hoping for that.

The only thing whats bothering me is that I have pears as my native fruit. I dont know, maybe I get used to it but right now Im thinking of resetting again. T.T
I know, its totally stupid xD but.. aaaahh!!

What do you think of this map, is it worth keeping it or should I reset ?

https://ibb.co/kudbAn

Omg ! Im so sorry about your town!
Did you already find a new map you like? :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I need some advice!
I've been resetting a long time now already, it seems I will never be satisfied lol
Its like an addiciton, but I also really wanna start to play!
Well, few days ago I found a map I like. I actually love the river shape, I have a lot of room, found a cute place for my house, got a private beach and I was hoping for that.

The only thing whats bothering me is that I have pears as my native fruit. I dont know, maybe I get used to it but right now Im thinking of resetting again. T.T
I know, its totally stupid xD but.. aaaahh!!

What do you think of this map, is it worth keeping it or should I reset ?

https://ibb.co/kudbAn

I've had the same problem. I just wasn't satisfied and kept resetting. I personally really like your map, but you have to love it aswell. Now you can still go back and reset again. And about the pears, you could always cut them and grow other fruits. The only bad side about it is that you can't plant any perfect fruit except pears. If you think this is a big enough issue that will make you reset, you should.

I know I signed up for the one year challenge and all, but I am having a really hard time not resetting. I made a mistake and created my two alt characters early on, and now I'm stuck trying to pay off three houses. Plus, I'm starting to feel like maybe I didn't pick out such a great map. The town's not even what I really want it to be because I got stuck on some convoluted pseudo-horror theme instead of making a Zen forest town. The only thing it has going for it is my house is almost paid off and Beardo lives there. I don't really wanna reset, though, because I feel like I've come so far and I'm just about to unlock the cafe, and I really did come up with a good story for it. Idk.

I'm going to reset and try to get everything possible in a day done every day (pay off house, build pwp, dig up everything, etc)

- - - Post Merge - - -

and cataloging things

I felt it was time for a reset.
I named my new town Vanrad, which I've used before since it was a fantasy world I created way back when.
Eventually my whole town is gonna be horse villagers. I've got ten amiibo cards for them all, I still need an uchi villager though for some of the PWPs, so I'll hold off the horses for awhile yet. Except Savannah. She's my absolute favorite villager so the second I find Wisp she's getting brought in.

Last edited:
I know I signed up for the one year challenge and all, but I am having a really hard time not resetting. I made a mistake and created my two alt characters early on, and now I'm stuck trying to pay off three houses. Plus, I'm starting to feel like maybe I didn't pick out such a great map. The town's not even what I really want it to be because I got stuck on some convoluted pseudo-horror theme instead of making a Zen forest town. The only thing it has going for it is my house is almost paid off and Beardo lives there. I don't really wanna reset, though, because I feel like I've come so far and I'm just about to unlock the cafe, and I really did come up with a good story for it. Idk.

id just reset. you wont regret it. getting a good map that you have no qualms about is super important. if youre worried about losing favorite items, you could ask a friend to hold them while you reset.

- - - Post Merge - - -

id just reset. you wont regret it. getting a good map that you have no qualms about is super important. if youre worried about losing favorite items, you could ask a friend to hold them while you reset.

I'm considering restarting my town. I'm not having fun in this town at all and it feels like I'm forcing myself to play and I don't like my map anymore. And lastly, I like Lake's face more than I do Brooke's face and I'm not sure if I"m even going to have a side character.

I think a fresh start is what I need. I'm not even taking pictures anymore, that's how bored I am with this town.

Yeah, I'm going to restart. The only thing I'll regret losing is the Stringfish but I'll sacrifice the Stringfish in order to enjoy playing this game again. But oher than that, I didn't really lose anything from the restart because I haven't really been playing all that much.

I just realized that the reason I got bored with Merimont is because Merimont's map and Ossipri's map were practically similar to one another, I even placed my house in an area that was almost identical to the spot I placed it in Ossipri. So I felt like I was playing in Ossipri all over again.

Last edited:
Thinking of resetting again as it would seem I've chosen a bad map. Every time I try to build something, it is too close to something else. Usually the river, the plaza, or the train tracks.

I just reset my town, hadn’t picked up my game in months so I thought why not?

Although I forgot that I like a vertical river and have a horizontal one. I got Rosie in my town though so I’m happy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just reset my town, hadn?t picked up my game in months so I thought why not?

Although I forgot that I like a vertical river and have a horizontal one. I got Rosie in my town though so I?m happy.

I reset Onett last night. Finally decided on a map after about 6 hours of resetting. It's my favorite map, but the two humps in the middle are flipped and the town has peaches. I'm not a huge fan of the villagers, but villagers are replaceable. I knew with the map I loved and the fruit I loved, my best friend would kill me if I didn't keep it since I happened to get one of his favorite villagers, Maelle.

I had a few resets with a couple notable villager combos tho - I had one town with Merengue and Bam as starters, one with Merry and Whitney as starters, one with Wolfgang and Fauna as starters. I had one reset with Melba who's one of my favorites. The icing on the cake was one reset where I got Bud and Bob, which were two of my starters from the town that just got deleted...my demons have returned to haunt me. (Well, just Bud. I love Bob. He'll come home to one of my towns someday).

I'm currently resetting for the day 2 move in, which can either be lazy, smug, or uchi. Hoping for a tier 1 lazy like Punchy.

Last edited:
I reset Onett last night. Finally decided on a map after about 6 hours of resetting. It's my favorite map, but the two humps in the middle are flipped and the town has peaches. I'm not a huge fan of the villagers, but villagers are replaceable. I knew with the map I loved and the fruit I loved, my best friend would kill me if I didn't keep it since I happened to get one of his favorite villagers, Maelle.

I had a few resets with a couple notable villager combos tho - I had one town with Merengue and Bam as starters, one with Merry and Whitney as starters, one with Wolfgang and Fauna as starters. I had one reset with Melba who's one of my favorites. The icing on the cake was one reset where I got Bud and Bob, which were two of my starters from the town that just got deleted...my demons have returned to haunt me. (Well, just Bud. I love Bob. He'll come home to one of my towns someday).

I'm currently resetting for the day 2 move in, which can either be lazy, smug, or uchi. Hoping for a tier 1 lazy like Punchy.

Peaches are my favourite fruit because they look like butts. And if they’re your native fruit you can have perfect peaches which look like golden butts.

I have no idea whether to reset or not so can I please have some advice?

WHY I SHOULD RESET
Don't like my town name
Don't like my town map
Villager placement is horrible
I scanned in a bunch of Amiibo Villagers I don't want
Put some PWP's in a bad spot
Don't enjoy playing in it anymore

WHY I SHOULDN'T
I have 5 dreamies that I bought off here and don't want to lose
I don't get much time to play and it would take forever to get back to where I'm at now

Thoughts? I think I should restart but I don't want to lose my dreamies I have. Plus, some of my dreamies I have aren't popular so not many people would sell them on here

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHY I SHOULD RESET
Don't like my town name
Don't like my town map

WHY I SHOULDN'T
I don't get much time to play and it would take forever to get back to where I'm at now

Thoughts? I think I should restart but I don't want to lose my dreamies I have. Plus, some of my dreamies I have aren't popular so not many people would sell them on here

WHY I SHOULD RESET
Don't like my town name
Don't like my town map

WHY I SHOULDN'T

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHY I SHOULD RESET
Don't like my town name
Don't like my town map

WHY I SHOULDN'T

You could always get another copy. But if you honestly dont enjoy your town itself then i'd do it. you can always get your dreamies back

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHY I SHOULD RESET
Don't like my town name
Don't like my town map

WHY I SHOULDN'T

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHY I SHOULD RESET
Don't like my town name
Don't like my town map

WHY I SHOULDN'T

You could always get another copy. But if you honestly dont enjoy your town itself then i'd do it. you can always get your dreamies back

Back