• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Resetting Thread

I already love my new villagers despite being really common, I miss Monique and some others but I agree it's not that bad at all to start again with new faces. You always have the amiibo card (at least someone to use them for you) so don't loose hope to regain your dreamies!! :D

I ended up resetting and I don't feel much regret. Got a town layout that I'm pretty happy with and I have Goldie as one of my villagers, so I'm pretty happy!

Update, I'm seriously considering resetting again. All of that because I've got the peach as my native fruit. It sounds really maniac but it reminds me someone I don't really appreciate in the art/animal crossing community - not here lol. The layout was fine as well as my villagers starter (Rosie, Hamphrey is actually adorable) tho.

I already have enough of the game routine, so I'm dropping it until this summer when I'll be free from school. Basically when I first played New Leaf, hope I will find a fresh start :blush: :cool:

Last edited:
I'm considering resetting. I've enjoyed Animal Crossing since the very beginning when it was on Gamecube, but I've never really been happy with my town. Now that I've played ACNL and I understand the mechanics of it better I really want to start over. The only problem is I don't want to lose all of the progress I've made with my museum, my furniture, and even some of the rare clothing I've gotten. I'm just really unhappy with my town and where everything has ended up.

Anyone have any opinions on what I should do?

Last edited:
If you're really not sure, I'd buy a second copy of the game for a new town and keep the old one. You could have one as your main town and the other for storage/cycling villagers/experimenting/WiFi visits.

Given the m?ny hours spent on the game and relative low cost of a game card, I think that could be an option.

I'm going to reset my game once I transfer all my dreamies to my couple's town. I was tired of my messy town with ugly layout and the placement of the undestroyable PWPs. I also hate my character's face.
The thing is, I'm really picky and I'm scared of spending 83737271 hours resetting to get the perfect map, with just 1 or 2 ponds and all the buildings in the spots I want to x.x

Last edited:
I was torn between resetting or not. And I looked at my map today, and I'm resetting. Yes I'm going to lose a lot of stuff but hey, the stuff I lose I can always get back. There are four rocks that I can't move in front of my train station and one in spot where it's messing up where I want my villagers to move. Also, I don't like my character's face anymore and Re-Tail is way to far away from the dock. And the holding pond is too close to my bulletin board.

Edit: Every map, is going to have something I'm not going to like, I'm sure but those 4 rocks were really bugging me and I couldn't find a way to work around it.

Last edited:
I regretted resetting after about 20 minutes in my new town although I was lucky enough to get one of my dreamies right from the off, but I gave up so much like full encyclopedias and lots of gold badges which were my biggest regrets, I stopped playing after about 2 weeks as it dawned on me I truly messed up.

Then after about a year I loaded up my town and to my amazement my dreamie was still there but I lost the second I got just before I quit.

I forced myself to play and get everything back and the only thing I haven't got back is my 1 billion gold badge, and I'm working on house plots to move in future dreamies, but all is good again :)

I regretted resetting after about 20 minutes in my new town although I was lucky enough to get one of my dreamies right from the off, but I gave up so much like full encyclopedias and lots of gold badges which were my biggest regrets, I stopped playing after about 2 weeks as it dawned on me I truly messed up.

Then after about a year I loaded up my town and to my amazement my dreamie was still there but I lost the second I got just before I quit.

I forced myself to play and get everything back and the only thing I haven't got back is my 1 billion gold badge, and I'm working on house plots to move in future dreamies, but all is good again :)

I'm sorry you regretted your reset but I'm glad you're happy again. I don't ever regret resetting because I always found it fun building back up from scratch. I don't know I'm weird.

Yes, finally after resetting for over an hour and half I settled on this map

20170420_154300.jpg

Yeah, the river might look bizarre but I actually like it. Redd is town on my first day so I can possibly get my first painting today and get that over with. My town fruit is Cherry (my favorite fruit), I have Wolfgang in my town, he's one of my favorite villagers. There is only one rock near my train station and it's not in a spot that I can't work around. The placement of the town hall and plaza is perfect for me. I'm not a fan of the sideways facing waterfall or that little strip of land at the top right corner but I'll work with those. Like I said before, every map is going to have something I"m not going to like, but in this case, the pros outweigh the cons. In all, it was worth the hour and a half of restarting. :)

Last edited:
Yes, finally after resetting for over an hour and half I settled on this map

View attachment 197738

Yeah, the river might look bizarre but I actually like it. Redd is town on my first day so I can possibly get my first painting today and get that over with. My town fruit is Cherry (my favorite fruit), I have Wolfgang in my town, he's one of my favorite villagers. There is only one rock near my train station and it's not in a spot that I can't work around. The placement of the town hall and plaza is perfect for me. I'm not a fan of the sideways facing waterfall or that little strip of land at the top right corner but I'll work with those. Like I said before, every map is going to have something I"m not going to like, but in this case, the pros outweigh the cons. In all, it was worth the hour and a half of restarting. :)

Looks good the river is similar to mine only mine is further down making the bottom area like a smaller passage where I'm trying to line up the villagers in a row, then it opens up on the right side where I have the cafe.

Nice one :)

Last edited:
Recently reset to try and get Fauna, after 8 hours I made do with Diana.... and now I'm here <3 gotta make them bells!

Debating about resetting my town; Nook offers 999,999,999 bells for my town but my tree is the largest size & I have a lot of gold medals that I'm not too sure I'll ever get back. I like my town map and all, but I removed almost all my trees to landscape and now I have no motivation to replant all of them. :(

I'll give it some thought. Maybe I just need to take a break for a bit and revisit the idea later.

I recently did a do over for my town, it took me a bit to decide whether or not the imperfections would effect my town's development and I realized it would so I started over.

My new town is very spacious and I'm really content with this one, I loved the other one too but I goofed on a lot of things and now I hope I can do things better with this one.

I've got a couple of new villagers, Del and Willow, I rarely get cranky villagers but I adopted him and now I'm happy I did because he's so dopey. :D Sheep villagers are some of my favourites and I wanted to try one out, so I picked my favourite, Willow, and I don't regret it! She's fabulous! c:

I am a long time AC player and never got much into resetting until I stumbled on it here years ago. It made me a bit obsessive about wanting to cycle for a perfect map, train station color, fruit, grass pattern, etc. I've reset a bunch since then and never really got back into playing habitually (mostly due to life stuff going on).

I recently decided to reset my AC:NL one more time. I was unhappy with my facial choice and I love a fresh start and bonus, I could make my town start date be my birthday (which was last weekend). The map isn't perfect but I'm really happy with my choice to reset and excited for building and growing my new town. I think I will be sticking with this one for a bit :)

Since I first played New Leaf, I've reset 50+ towns maybe?
I get bored easily, and I don't think someone should be blamed for resetting. If you don't like your map, fruit or villagers, well you are free to restart. I think New Leaf should be your dream place, somewhere you find relaxing, so there's no point in playing with those "little details" if you can't stand them.
Now after many, many resets I'm pretty sure I've found the perfect map, I love it and it was worth it! :)

I have been wanting to reset my oldest town since the update but I had a lot of items in storage.

I just realized that today is the 2 year anniversary of the town. What a perfect time to reset!!

It's major spring cleaning today as I transfer items. Still haven't decided on a name yet for my new town.

I haven't sold to Tom Nook so I'm excited to see how that works out!

I really see no problems in resetting, unless you have things in your town that you want to keep. At least with the new update we don't have to start from scratch every single time.

I know that I've made mistakes and reset even though I had more 'popular' villagers that I wanted to keep (Vesta and Lucky), but eh what can ya do? *shrugs* As long as I'm happy with my current town, then for me it's worth it. Plus I'm trying to get more Amiibo cards so I can bring those villagers back, so there's that.

Look, I pretty much made an account just to say this. I'm not sure wether to reset or not. I don't like how my town looks, I don't really like where my house and retail is at and I just don't really like my town in general. But the thing is, I got most of my dreamies and I have my favorite native fruit which is cherries and I have all of my shops unlocked and I have a lot of stuff I don't want to let go of and I have over 200 hours invested in my town. I just can't decide if I should reset.

Last edited:
Back