• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Resetting Thread

The moment when Rover is the most talked NPC. ;-;

Wow. Town resetting late at night sucks. I can't get anything done because stores are closed and 4 out of the 5 villagers went to sleep pretty much as soon as the tree ceremony was over.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to this town. I got a good layout, but even better - I got some good villagers! I got my favorite BOB! :D But I also got Mint, Maple, Anabelle, and Bam. Just based off of character designs, I like Anabelle the least. But maybe she'll grow on me. I'll definitely like her more once I get her out of that flowery shirt!

Looking forward to being able to do things for real in the morning.

Coming back from a one year hiatus, I considered resetting... Because I'm slightly disappointed by the placement of my house. It has the river quite close to the south, which is why I built it there in the first place, but now I kinda wish I could build a plaza in front of it. :p

On the other hand, I'm pretty happy with the layout overall, and quite pleased with the placement of my permanent PWP's.

Also, I've time traveled outside of AC (to get streetpass coins, heh), and a few times I've checked up on my town and forgot to set the time back... so my town history has two unsightly blights of villagers moving in 2019 and 2020! OCD'ing a bit about that one. :p

The name kinda irks me as well, but not terribly...

Still unsure whether I will reset or not; sort of leaning towards not to, since there's nothing I'm TERRIBLY upset with, and it'd be a pain to complete the museum again. :|

Hey!
Currently...I don't know what to do.
While my town is nice and all, I just don't like it...
Villagers I feel I should mix again. Mostly because of how I had them before and how they were enjoyable.
The Villagers in my sig other than Phoebe, Stitches, Marshal,Molly,and Bruce aren't the same as the ones before.
Should I do it?
Also, I feel I have a crappy town map...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I don't want to lose my items or hybrids.
If I do, then I'd probably pay 100TBT for someone who is willing to keep all my crap in their town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Resetting. :)
Find my threads that involve holding! :eek:

Ehh I'm so lucky we got the amiibo update. If not genji would NEVER move

I've finally prepared everything to start over on 1/1. Still have a bit of mixed feelings giving up Skullbay after three and a half years but I look forward to building a new town from scratch. I think that's what I need to get back into Animal Crossing.

After resetting a few times and never settling, I'm finally happy with my new map and villagers. Still fairly new to AC though, so I'm hoping to make the most of this town! :3

Has anyone ever found themselves starting over not because something was objectively wrong, but because the town just didn't feel "right"? My previous town was perfect in many ways, but I couldn't get over the sensation of something seeming off. It may have been the east-facing beach *shrugs*

Just reseted my town.

Great map, everything is close by and I'm digging the new villagers. :D

I've two copies of the game because I wanted to restart with a character that was more like me but I didn't want to lose things I worked hard to get, soooo my Christmas money didn't go to waste as I bought a new 3DS XL as well. I strangely enjoy trading between my towns, especially because it's the build up to restarting on my first copy and have the town be a temporarily cycling town before turning it into something satisfactory. I just need to wait for two more villagers to move out of Space so I can move two dreamies over and then restart Town.

I've finally prepared everything to start over on 1/1. Still have a bit of mixed feelings giving up Skullbay after three and a half years but I look forward to building a new town from scratch. I think that's what I need to get back into Animal Crossing.

Still haven't found a map I'm happy with. ACNL is bad for my OCD.

Honestly, I think I've just gotten cold feet.

I don't get why people would reset, Animal Crossing is your life basically, I would only reset if I cheated (time travel or something)

Various reasons honestly. I reset because I HATE grass deterioration and ended up abandoning my original town to the point where I might or might not have missed some of my dream villagers moving to town. It also meant I almost never saw Katrina or Redd in my town because I was never playing to keep the grass from dying (dead grass means no snowballs in the winter, no snowballs means no dung beetles).

In my current town, I try to play more but still try to skip days so that the grass will regrow...I haven't even finished spending bells to do the T.I.Y. upgrade (I've long since bypassed the number of days Super T&T has to be open for though). But other people have other reasons for resetting honestly.

Various reasons honestly. I reset because I HATE grass deterioration and ended up abandoning my original town to the point where I might or might not have missed some of my dream villagers moving to town. It also meant I almost never saw Katrina or Redd in my town because I was never playing to keep the grass from dying (dead grass means no snowballs in the winter, no snowballs means no dung beetles).

In my current town, I try to play more but still try to skip days so that the grass will regrow...I haven't even finished spending bells to do the T.I.Y. upgrade (I've long since bypassed the number of days Super T&T has to be open for though). But other people have other reasons for resetting honestly.

Why are you skipping days to avoid it? To my knowledge, perfectly healthy grass will not deteriorate at all if you never run in your town. I'm sure in your first town (where you might have run a lot before realizing it was killing the grass, like I did), it'd be frustrating to try to get all the grass back, but how are you still dealing with deterioration in your second town?

(Also, while I understand how annoying it is to have unwanted bare patches, you might want to keep in mind that many, many people intentionally use deterioration to create natural paths, and would probably be devastated if Nintendo removed that feature.)

Should I reset? I hate my town layout, fruit and villagers... I also cheated and abused time traveling.

Should I reset? Pond and rock placements are HORRIBLE, as well as dreamie plots. I also have 2 spots of villager slots that are WA for my cycling thread, and those are impossible to move out.
But I really like my map! I have ideal town fruit, grass pattern, and train station + train hall colors.

(OUTDATED)

I feel like resetting my New Leaf town for the second time soon, but not right now. I hacked my New Leaf town a bit too much to the point where the game gets very boring (I accidentally gave 999,999,999 bells in bank by hitting a button in the savegame editor and my town is covered in gold roses which I think are ugly. Not to mention that my house fence and pavement are glitched and they never change). Also, my town layout is HORRIBLE. It's so cramped. I know it will take a while to get everything back when I restart (except for villagers, I can easily hack them back in) but during the first few days I will be time travelling and hacking a lot to get some of my stuff back (I will place 99,999 bell bags in my inventory but only to buy the stuff I had before I hacked my current town so it won't fill up my entire bank and make the game pointless). Once I'm done time travelling and hacking, I will then move in the villagers I want and I would change the town ordinance to Beautiful Town Ordinance as well as buying furniture (not hacking it in). Of course I would have to pluck all the weeds but I can use the editor for that. I've had my current town since 21st September 2016 and I know I will miss it a lot but I think it's worth it. The hardest part would be getting the town tree to grow to size 5 (or 4) again (using the editor will only make it that size until it 'grows', where it will go back to the size it was meant to be at).

Last edited:
So, you may have noticed that my signature has changed. That's because Animalia, my old New Leaf town, will be reset tomorrow on February 3rd, 2017. I know it will be sad saying goodbye but it has to be done. I've accidentally gave myself 999,999,999 Bells in bank through an editor so now the game feels like it's going way too fast. Also, there's gold roses everywhere which I just don't like. There's a glitch with my house where I can't change the fence or pavement no matter what. I've had this town since September 21st, 2016 and I'd say it was going good until around January 20th or so. I know I've had so many good moments in Animalia and I visited a lot of events (such as New Year's Eve) but at this point it's just getting... boring. Of course, if I reset then I have to get everything all over again (unlocking sewing machine, Dream Suite, Club LOL, emotions and T&T Mart especially) but I'd say it's worth it. I may lose my villagers, but I can easily hack them back in. I forgot to mention that the town layout in Animalia is terrible and too cramped. Just for the nostalgia of Animalia, I have a bunch of pictures from the town on my SD card and computer. I may also back-up my Animalia town onto my PC as well so I can play it when I feel like it (would require a town ID change through savegame editing). Now onto the good stuff. The new town will be called Palm Bay, a reference to Palm Bay Heights from Burnout 2 and Burnout Paradise since Burnout 2 is one of my favourite racing games. Due to this name change, the idea of having towns named after animal biology has been scrapped. It will have a tropical theme with tropical PWP's such as the Moai statue. The beaches will be full of palm trees (hence the town's name) and may have some PWP's down there through hacking if possible. There would be 4 players, each with a fully upgraded house using the modern exterior (flat roof). Two of the players will be loosely based on the concept art players. All the players and villagers in the town will wear blue aloha shirts, red aloha shirts and blossom tee's. The characters I've decided on so far are Bob, Mitzi, Tangy, Rosie, Alfonso, Punchy, Chief, and Whitney (I know they aren't tropical-styled villagers, but they are some of my favourites). The last two villagers will be decided later. There's more to the new town than that but I don't want to ramble on.

Update: reset date changed to February 4th, 2017 because I don't have enough time right now and I am not in the mood.

Last edited:
(sorry for bumping three times in a row, but that's why there should be a delete button. this is the last time I promise)

So I couldn't bring myself to deleting Animalia. I deleted it but then I decided to restore a backup of it and renamed it to Palm Bay through savegame editing. I'm now planning on making Animalia more like the town I was hoping for. I will have to deal with the game going too fast to the high amount of money, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. So technically, yes, Animalia is gone. Now it's known as Palm Bay.

Resetting is something I hate with a passion.
However, it must be done AGAIN.
This time, I HOPE it goes alright. :l

I don't like my map, my characters face, my fruit or most of my villagers at this point. I was very careless with my PWP and now I can't seem to get a good design down. That being said, This is my original town from when I first got this game brand new. I've never reset it before... So its a few years old and I can't possibly bring myself to resetting it...

Opinions?

I'm thinking of resetting my town. I've been playing for a couple weeks now. I've managed to unlock the third T&T mart, Shampoodle, Kicks, etc. Which seemed like it took forever. But I absolutely hate my town layout and where I put my house. I put it next to the cliff near the ocean which makes it impossible to make paths and flowers look the way I want, and in addition villagers keep building right dead in front of my house. As soon as I got the first villager out another moved in. I even found an amazing spot I wished I had put my house in my town which has made it worse. The only thing I'm upset about losing is my villager Keaton and the progress with my character.

Back